Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 204

Thread: Mod Manager

  1. #41

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    maybe its just my stupidity, but when I download it it seems to tell me that the folder is not a valid .zip file and when it extracts it says the resulting program is not a valid win32 application. Please help if you have any idea why! I would really like to use your tool.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    Mod manager 2.0 works wit Rome II but not with Attila. Even with no mod selected the game don't start. Starting the game with the classic shortcut is OK. Please help.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    Hello! Do you know if the mod manager modifies any file? I can't open the Attila Total War launcher after using the mod manager (i can play via mod manager but not via attila's launcher).

    [Solved]: it was a mod and not the mod launcher

  4. #44
    Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Marsascala, Malta
    Posts
    2,024

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    I used Mod Manager before, but after formatting my PC I reinstalled Rome 2 and off course MM again. But I am having an error message. I tried to run the exe. as Administartor bot the error is the same. Here is the log.

    Error Log
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: path1
    at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
    at TWModManager.Game.GetGameDirectory()
    at TWModManager.FormMain.FormMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


    ************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    TWModManager
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SEGA/Total%20War%20ROME%20II%20-%20Emperor%20Edition/ModManager.exe
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Windows.Forms


    Never Mind, Fixed, it was a bad Steam install. Solved.


    Cheers
    Last edited by Reno Melitensis; June 10, 2015 at 07:42 AM.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    Awesome work. Thanks for this.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    After the suebi patch, to launch the game from the mod manager tells me that "if I want to launch with the following optional parameter " 1". I press accept and start the game but this crash . I hope you can help me with this problem. thanks!

  7. #47

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    Quote Originally Posted by Magrex View Post
    After the suebi patch, to launch the game from the mod manager tells me that "if I want to launch with the following optional parameter " 1". I press accept and start the game but this crash . I hope you can help me with this problem. thanks!
    Same problem here. Seems to have broken the mod manager for the time being

  8. #48
    UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    914

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    Quote Originally Posted by Indus_Valley View Post
    Same problem here. Seems to have broken the mod manager for the time being
    getting the same response.

    Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

  9. #49

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    Quote Originally Posted by Magrex View Post
    After the suebi patch, to launch the game from the mod manager tells me that "if I want to launch with the following optional parameter " 1". I press accept and start the game but this crash . I hope you can help me with this problem. thanks!
    Yep, it broken

  10. #50

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    Quote Originally Posted by Magrex View Post
    After the suebi patch, to launch the game from the mod manager tells me that "if I want to launch with the following optional parameter " 1".
    Yes since the new patch/DLC appears a new message "Do you want to launch ATTILA with the optional parameter 1".

    But the awesome Mod Manager by Mitch isn't broken and it works fine.

    Lots of mods are broken after this patch and try to deactivate all mods and simply add one-by-one again to see which mod causes the crash.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    even with disabled all mods, the mod manager doesn't work

  12. #52
    Laetus
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles. Ca United States
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    when i first got the launcher it worked wonders loved it for shogun 2 but suddenly when i launch the game it now unsubscribes me from all my mods but if i use the regular steam launcher it resubcribes me id like to use your launcher as it lets me use the load order i need to play all the mods i use but dnt know wat to do i tried reverting to vanilla but it just does the same thing when i move the mods back any idea y?

  13. #53

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Yes since the new patch/DLC appears a new message "Do you want to launch ATTILA with the optional parameter 1".

    But the awesome Mod Manager by Mitch isn't broken and it works fine.

    Lots of mods are broken after this patch and try to deactivate all mods and simply add one-by-one again to see which mod causes the crash.

    WORKAROUND:


    - go to C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS ACC NAME HERE, MINE IS:]Kurk\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila\scripts
    - delete all files there (maybe u wanna do a backup before if u dont trust me)
    - enjoy

    Works fine for me. I hope I could help.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    many thanks

  15. #55

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    love the tool. was just wondering if anyone new the recommended order for radious in this tool. do i put radious on top and let it overwrite the submods. or do i put additional unit mods on top. searched google and couldnt find so i figure here is the right place. also. props on having a tool better than the one that comes with the game.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    Quote Originally Posted by reaperofzombies View Post
    love the tool. was just wondering if anyone new the recommended order for radious in this tool. do i put radious on top and let it overwrite the submods. or do i put additional unit mods on top. searched google and couldnt find so i figure here is the right place. also. props on having a tool better than the one that comes with the game.
    I currently don't play Radious with submods. So take this as a guess. Personally I can't imagine that unit submods conflict with the Radious-main-mod itself, cause as far as I know he doesn't alter the tables in his main mod which u need to include new units to the game. Just check this by yourself. The (indeed great) mod manager of Mitch can show you what mods have conflicts with each other, what u most likely already know.

    IF Radious-main-mod conflicts with his unit pack submods than yea... it would make sence to overwrite the conflicts (in fact this means put the submod above the main mod in the load order), cause then you will need this tables from the submods instead of the main mod tables to get the submod working correctly.

    IF Radious-main-mod conflicts NOT with his unit packs then it doesn't matter where u put them in the load order (under or above the main-mod), cause they don't "bite" each other and can live in peaceful co-existence

    Personally I do it this way to sort my mods:

    [MOD MANAGER LIST - TOP]
    - The Better AI Mod (> if used, it should in the most cases ever be on the top)
    - Little Mods (> example Political Overhaul, this means mods which alter a specific aspect of the game and don't alter many tables. In our example, if u like Radious, but wanna have another political system, you overwrite that part of Radious with another mod by having it higher in the mod list)
    - Unit Packs, sub-mods of Big Overhauls like Radious or Fall of the Eagle
    - Major Mods or Big/Complete Overhauls (which altering many tables) >> you should have only one bigger mod, cause of many altered tables two or more of them will not work together or even make your game crash/unstable
    - Graphic Mods
    - TPY Mods (turns per year mods)
    [MOD MANAGER LIST - BOTTOM]

    Works quite nice for me so far.

    Regards,
    Kurk

  17. #57

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurk Kokane View Post
    I currently don't play Radious with submods. So take this as a guess. Personally I can't imagine that unit submods conflict with the Radious-main-mod itself, cause as far as I know he doesn't alter the tables in his main mod which u need to include new units to the game. Just check this by yourself. The (indeed great) mod manager of Mitch can show you what mods have conflicts with each other, what u most likely already know.

    IF Radious-main-mod conflicts with his unit pack submods than yea... it would make sence to overwrite the conflicts (in fact this means put the submod above the main mod in the load order), cause then you will need this tables from the submods instead of the main mod tables to get the submod working correctly.

    IF Radious-main-mod conflicts NOT with his unit packs then it doesn't matter where u put them in the load order (under or above the main-mod), cause they don't "bite" each other and can live in peaceful co-existence

    Personally I do it this way to sort my mods:

    [MOD MANAGER LIST - TOP]
    - The Better AI Mod (> if used, it should in the most cases ever be on the top)
    - Little Mods (> example Political Overhaul, this means mods which alter a specific aspect of the game and don't alter many tables. In our example, if u like Radious, but wanna have another political system, you overwrite that part of Radious with another mod by having it higher in the mod list)
    - Unit Packs, sub-mods of Big Overhauls like Radious or Fall of the Eagle
    - Major Mods or Big/Complete Overhauls (which altering many tables) >> you should have only one bigger mod, cause of many altered tables two or more of them will not work together or even make your game crash/unstable
    - Graphic Mods
    - TPY Mods (turns per year mods)
    [MOD MANAGER LIST - BOTTOM]

    Works quite nice for me so far.

    Regards,
    Kurk


    you sir are a champion

  18. #58

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    hey mitch please help me. i tried everything what you said in comments but mod manager still cant find directory. value cannot be null, parameter name: path 1

  19. #59

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    Quote Originally Posted by Graveman3 View Post
    hey mitch please help me. i tried everything what you said in comments but mod manager still cant find directory. value cannot be null, parameter name: path 1
    Same for me. I click OK but it still don't work, even with all mods out; anyone have an idea? I didn't download the last roman DLC, can this be a problem?

  20. #60

    Default Re: Mod Manager

    The Mod Manager is apparently not recognising any mods at all in Attila. Seems to be fine with Rome, tried manually resetting the directory just in case it was pointing somewhere weird, but that's all fine. Any idea?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •