Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager

Default Re: [Tool] Mod Manager

When I move the mods for priority stuff, it seems like they won't stay at designated spot

Thanks~~!

Thank you for the updated manager Mitch! +rep

Default Re: Mod Manager

Thanks a lot!

Seeing as no one has asked this I feel like I'm missing something but how do I get the mod to appear in the list of mods?
    sorry for being a newb :3

Hi Mitch. I just want to write a little feedback. Despite the fact you state that "If the game crashes, it is nothing to do with the tool", something weird has just happened to me with your mod manager. I try to write my story.

I wanted to use this mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post14395115 . It is nothing special, just .pack file with some number changes in db.
    So I put it into the data folder, ran the game but nothing changed. So I downloaded mod manager, launched mod via it, and it worked. But then I deleted mod, and the game crashed every time I tried to launch it. I launched it normally via steam this time. And it didnt work even with MM (there was no mod in the list now of course). But when I put the mod back, both the game and mod worked. And I still launched it via steam (first time I launched game via steam, mod did not work).
    I deleted mod again, restarted computer, but it still crashed. I even deleted data.pack and whole Launcher folder, checked integrity, downloaded new files, but it didnt help. So I opened your MM and checked out what are the options there, and saw "revert to vannila". I tried it and now everything finally works

But I have absolutely no clue, why was the game behaving in such a way. It is obvious that your MM had som influence on game even after all that things I tried out.
    Last edited by mmarekk11; March 01, 2015 at 04:46 PM.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by mmarekk11 View Post
    Hi Mitch. I just want to write a little feedback. Despite the fact you state that "If the game crashes, it is nothing to do with the tool", something weird has just happened to me with your mod manager. I try to write my story.

I wanted to use this mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post14395115 . It is nothing special, just .pack file with some number changes in db.
    So I put it into the data folder, ran the game but nothing changed. So I downloaded mod manager, launched mod via it, and it worked. But then I deleted mod, and the game crashed every time I tried to launch it. I launched it normally via steam this time. And it didnt work even with MM (there was no mod in the list now of course). But when I put the mod back, both the game and mod worked. And I still launched it via steam (first time I launched game via steam, mod did not work).
    I deleted mod again, restarted computer, but it still crashed. I even deleted data.pack and whole Launcher folder, checked integrity, downloaded new files, but it didnt help. So I opened your MM and checked out what are the options there, and saw "revert to vannila". I tried it and now everything finally works

But I have absolutely no clue, why was the game behaving in such a way. It is obvious that your MM had som influence on game even after all that things I tried out.
    What happened was when you used my tool it created the "user.script.txt" file which is the file the game uses to tell what mods to use. When you first launched things it worked fine, because the mod was there and the script was created. Then you removed the mod, but not this file, so the game launched and tried to find the mod the script was telling it to and hence the mod wasn't there. When you put the mod back, things naturally worked with MM or with Steam as the user.script was still there and so was the mod. You then delete the mod again, so the same problem occured, you then used "revert to vanilla" which deletes the user.script, and hence things worked.

So when I say "my tool can't make the game crash" I say that because the tool itself physically cannot make the game crash as it has absolutely no effect over what happens after the game is told to launch. It was the user.script that caused the game to crash.

This problem is either due to the Steam launcher not deleting the user.script file when it should (when there are no mods to launch) and/or when people manage their mods themselves and unknowingly through no fault of their own create problems.

Unfortunately this issue is simply one I cannot fix, as I have no control over it, all that needs to happen is that if the games mod manager launches without any mods ticked it needs to delete the user.script, I'll have to contact the developers and report the issue.

Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Well I thought that there is probably something that tells the game to use mod, even if it was not there anymore. That is why I deleted some files and downloaded them again but those were not the right ones And where can be found this "user.script.txt" file? Because I am not able to find it now neither.
    Last edited by mmarekk11; March 02, 2015 at 01:32 PM.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Well by the sounds of things from what you've done it won't exist for you now.

But it will be in here if it does:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila\scripts\

Mod pack list dosn't shows up all.
    I can use the scroll but still 2~3 mod not shows up downside.

I'm using window 7 x64

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	show.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	212.3 KB 
ID:	322349

It dosen't show nothing in my pack list as well, and once I pressed the launcher it gaved me non responding error and damaged my game, now I cannot even enter in game without it, im trying to do a reinstall now...... why this is happening?

win7/64

Thank you good man Mitch. A streamlined total war from Empire to Attila. Even CA had failed at that, anyways. I am currently on holiday with my Mac.And the Mac way of adding mods is ugly. (Editing mod script manually then putting quotes in the launcher) Can you simply add a App version of this and change the default location to Mac. Yes i could, run the new exe through Wine and change the location manually. But i would like a native app. Anyways, i run this beauty when i get back to Australia

Hey, since patch 1.1 I get this error message when I start the Mod Manager, and it doesn't show my list of mods anymore on windows 8 64bits, whereas it worked fine before !

************** Texte de l'exception **************
    System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Impossible de lire au-delà de la fin du flux.
    à System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
    à System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
    à TWModManager.FormMain.GetPackType(String path)
    à TWModManager.FormMain.SetupForCurrentGame()
    à TWModManager.FormMain.SelectGame(String acronym)
    à TWModManager.FormMain.FormMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
    mscorlib
    Version de l'assembly : 2.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.6421 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    TWModManager
    Version Win32 : 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase : file:///B:/Games/Total%20War%20Attila/ModManager.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.6419 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.6401 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.6419 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    mscorlib.resources
    Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.6421 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Version Win32 : 2.0.50727.6400 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

I can't get this to work. The directory and mod list is fine, but when i hit the launch button at the bottom right nothing happens. Task manager shows the game process running for about second and then it closes. Plz help

I've got the same problem. MM opens en i can see my mods but when i hit the launch button the loading screen shows but the game doesn't continue. Any ideas?

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to install mods on a mac (on steam). I saw someone here who seemed to know how to do it. I've tried using this tool but I can't figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsauce View Post
    I can't get this to work. The directory and mod list is fine, but when i hit the launch button at the bottom right nothing happens. Task manager shows the game process running for about second and then it closes. Plz help
    Same here, however the game will still run fine for me using the regular launch options for Attila, the mod manager still updates the user.script.txt file so im hoping the mods will work... im just unable to launch the game through mod manager launch options.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

When I extract the exe file it just doesn't appear anywhere that I try to extract it to.

Also how do I get it to work for Rome II as well as Atilla?

Edit: nevermind lol
    Last edited by Julio-Claudian; April 04, 2015 at 06:56 PM.

Hey Mitch,
    Im having an issue trying to install you mod manager tool. After downloading the zip folder and running .exe file. I get, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access them.". Then another pop up immediately says, "Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created.".
    I've never had an issue with your mod manager in the past... Any help with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Anomaly707 View Post
    Hey Mitch,
    Im having an issue trying to install you mod manager tool. After downloading the zip folder and running .exe file. I get, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access them.". Then another pop up immediately says, "Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created.".
    I've never had an issue with your mod manager in the past... Any help with this?
    Edit(cant seem to edit my original post)... I figured it out. Right clicked the .exe file and chose troubleshoot compatibility. That changed it to run in windows 8 compatibility