Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 4.2 Official Release

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.6 Edition (Where CAI Finally Awaken from his Slumber)

Quote Originally Posted by the herald View Post
    Only think I've noticed with 2.6 is that the AI seriously doesn't like making peace, even when they're super friendly . I had an enemy with +126 relations that wouldn't make peace until I saved, disabled the mod and tried. Would be nice if you could still make peace if you put a decent effort into it, being able to win them over if you will. Similarly I've noticed the AI tends to always side against you which can be a little odd, for instance the ERE attacked me (WRE) after their 1 village ally declared war on me and they had to pick a side, it was a little strange. They shouldn't side with a tiny aggressor over their giant friendly neighbor.

The imperium things a good idea but I presume you can still keep people on your side by giving them gifts? I used that mechanic a fair bit to keep the ERE on my good side last time, which makes sense given the historical context.

One last thing, betrayal is a bit tricky due to how the AI sometimes forces war. They often declare war on your allies to force a conflict with you, so they don't have to break treaties. It's pretty sneaky but they can do it without any real negatives. The real problem is that you're then forced to either drop your ally and lose trustworthy rating or start a war and lose your trustworthy rating. It's a lose lose all because you made an ally. If betrayal is a serious negative it might end up forcing the player to never make allies, as the cost would be too large relations wise.
    Yes i try to fix it on 2.7 update, about betrayal now here its the "real Dillema" i prepare for you to answer it by yourself
    - If you dont make ally , you ended up much quicker, since the combined might of several AI faction sure to depleted your strengh
    Dont worry when all hope is lost cheat engine always became your best friend right ?
    - If you make ally, some of your ally will also force you betray another ally, make things became complicated like "facebook" relationship status
    - Soon as your imperium grow big like 7 or 8, ding dong, your time is up, most of AI know you are as wanted terroris, and join effort to combat you. Can you reach your goal before you dying ? Its game of survival now. Hey if TD defence, "final wave" scene, do your best

I can only encourage you by say ...................

Hope its help
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 04, 2015 at 01:48 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.6 Edition (Where CAI Finally Awaken from his Slumber)

Yeah just wondering if it'll result in more allies = more wars with your allies. If that's the case you'd probably be better off never making allies so you don't get into wars with em, just keep on their good side but avoid treaties because treaties = potential betrayal and eventually more wars because the AI hates untrustworthy players. Seems like you could get into a downward spiral of wars and betrayal if some of your allies betray you, so you'd be much better off not making any.

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.7 Edition, ATTILA V 1.1.0

Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.7 Edition, Now released, read the change log on main page

Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Awesome

Oh my that fast, cmon cmon everyone grab the new edition, still fresh from oven

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Oh my that fast, cmon cmon everyone grab the new edition, still fresh from oven
    To be honest i dont like your new version. I tried it a few rounds as WRE and i have to say while in the last version there was at least a bit diplomacy, you know eradicated the diplomacy totally. Im at war with everyone. Even ERE was declaring war on me after it broke alliance and trade.
    I have no trade income now, you also deleted the trade feature of the the game for me .
    Last edited by Plautus; March 05, 2015 at 01:28 PM.

Ah ah ah, i know what wrong, wait for moment i reupload the new ones, i think this should balance things, i forgot to change this reliability value, to keep with new diplomacy, to make it stay in balance.

Thanks for feedback

As of 2.7 every faction gives a big Great Empire+ to me, especcialy those who "Hate Rival Empires", is this intended?

I'm playing with Radious TW mod and Sithrains politics, if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Go0lden_Archer View Post
    As of 2.7 every faction gives a big Great Empire+ to me, especcialy those who "Hate Rival Empires", is this intended?

This is actually because of Sithrain's politics mod. Strangely enough, since that politics bonus is tied to the "Great Power" effect, it actually gives you a huge positive bonus with factions that "hate rival empires," and vice-versa. I'm looking into a way to get around that for my own diplomacy mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    This is actually because of Sithrain's politics mod. Strangely enough, since that politics bonus is tied to the "Great Power" effect, it actually gives you a huge positive bonus with factions that "hate rival empires," and vice-versa. I'm looking into a way to get around that for my own diplomacy mod.
    Well, darn... Then I guess I'll stop abusing political power for now, and go back to vanilla political system

Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.7 (FIX) Edition, Now released, read the change log on main page

Quote Originally Posted by Go0lden_Archer View Post

Radious tend to slow the AI campaign behaviour but its still work, just bit tad slow, while Sithrain politic is also not conflict with mine, Just load with order like this, better ai, sithrain, radious, so the effect not overlap.

Hmm should check again, but last time i see seem there is no conflict value with mine, so i guess its okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Plautus View Post
    To be honest i dont like your new version. I tried it a few rounds as WRE and i have to say while in the last version there was at least a bit diplomacy, you know eradicated the diplomacy totally. Im at war with everyone. Even ERE was declaring war on me after it broke alliance and trade.
    I have no trade income now, you also deleted the trade feature of the the game for me .
    I already fix it, sorry to cause you all redownload again, there are some value i forget to change to adjust with current new diplomacy, thanks for noticing me

This new update will help your relation ship with your ally, but ally vs ally is also not inevitable situation, anyways they will be valuable asset at the early turn, also there are big possibilitly that AI will band together like Boudica's uprising , storm your WRE empire,if you play as rome

Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 05, 2015 at 03:02 PM.

Civis

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.7 (Fix) Edition, ATTILA V 1.1.0

Hi, and thank you for your mod
    Why are there 2 files in each of your 3 downloads?
    What are the difference between them? Do I install both or only one of them?
    Maybe you could make installing instructions in the Opening Post to explain how to install properly?

Regards

Trym

Quote Originally Posted by Trym View Post
    Hi, and thank you for your mod
    Why are there 2 files in each of your 3 downloads?
    What are the difference between them? Do I install both or only one of them?
    Maybe you could make installing instructions in the Opening Post to explain how to install properly?

Regards

Trym
    Will do after post this, each version contain the CAI only and CAI + mini BAI, so its quite flexible if you want use it the full or just CAI

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Hmm should check again, but last time i see seem there is no conflict value with mine, so i guess its okay.
    No, it doesn't conflict, but Sithrain's mod by itself causes that issue. My own diplomacy mod uses the same effect and has the same problem, but I've figured out a way around it. I'm going to update it soon.

No, it doesn't conflict, but Sithrain's mod by itself causes that issue. My own diplomacy mod uses the same effect and has the same problem, but I've figured out a way around it. I'm going to update it soon.
    Ah i see it now

I really like the more aggressive CAI with your mod, it keeps attacking constantly if you are at war. It is a little bit of a problem if you are not able to make peace...

But the AI still seems to be very reluctant about attacking minor and provincial cities with an army inside. In my recent ERE late game I have five stacks sitting in front of two cities: A provincial one without an army and a minor one right next to it with half a stack inside. The Huns after Attila's death where for many years just swimming in the Black Sea with three or four full stacks.

Unfortunately I could not see the new resettlement and do-not-raze-mechanics of 2.7 in my campaign as the whole of Europe is already burned. Thats a little bit stupid because you never see actual barbarian kingdoms.

And did you include other modifications in the CAI file that are not mentioned, as camera tweaks for example? I think they should not be there or you give at least a short notice that users can know about than.

Apart from that: Thanks for the mod!

I really like the more aggressive CAI with your mod, it keeps attacking constantly if you are at war. It is a little bit of a problem if you are not able to make peace...
    Thank you, its possible to offer peace, but you must be on winning side, for example he surrounded with no allies, or AI teritory shrink to very small. But why you need peace if you can kill him once for all ?

But the AI still seems to be very reluctant about attacking minor and provincial cities with an army inside. In my recent ERE late game I have five stacks sitting in front of two cities: A provincial one without an army and a minor one right next to it with half a stack inside. The Huns after Attila's death where for many years just swimming in the Black Sea with three or four full stacks.
    Hmm nothing i can do about that, unless i put auto resolve tweak on next update, keep in mind for now the best auto resolve system is using Vanilla since auto resolve more favorably the AI then human, while in some mods like Radious for example, he also tweak the auto resolve, which of course benefit in human, but because of that its also leading to AI passive and reluctant to attack city like you described.

If i remember the AI problem floating on the sea carrying transport units already solved with current patch, since its a bug from vanilla itself.Also if you use the mod with old save game, things doesnt always better than start new game, especialy if you using vanilla old save game. Its realy recommend to start fresh new game with this mod, to prevent bug trouble in the future.

Unfortunately I could not see the new resettlement and do-not-raze-mechanics of 2.7 in my campaign as the whole of Europe is already burned. Thats a little bit stupid because you never see actual barbarian kingdoms.
    Well, you need start new game to see that. The only things to prevent to large desolate area, by forcing horde faction to actually occupy the land (unless Hun), while in progress they also sack and raze like usual but at least its keep desolate region under check. If they never form barbarian kingdom you will be greet will large desert or desolate area, on your late game. Now either you want your army picnic in middle east dessert or actually capture some barbarian village. That your choice

And did you include other modifications in the CAI file that are not mentioned, as camera tweaks for example? I think they should not be there or you give at least a short notice that users can know about than.
    Yes i like to keep some usefull element in the mod, camera yes there is (hope its not to bad), civilian on siege large number (for satisfying slaughther peasant), reduce bastard child (keep in check), better distance to help poor BAI, yes there are several element to support this mod also. And i like to keep it cause its not cause conflict with many mods, and quite usefull in the game

Apart from that: Thanks for the mod!
    You welcome, enjoy the game

It's good to hear that CAI fixed the issue with armies just sailing around aimlessly in transports. For most of my WRE campaign, I've watched with some frustration as my ally, the ERE, have almost its entire army loaded onto ships in the eastern Mediterranean just sailing back and forth to seemingly no purpose. Meanwhile, their empire was slowly being devoured. However, yesterday, with the new patch I did notice that after a few turns the ERE did unload its armies onto dry land and actually start marching them towards enemy threats. Good job, CA!

Also, for most of my campaign, I've watched the AI, particularly the Huns, shy away from garrisoned towns. For decades of game-time, stacks of Huns have threatened Aquileia, but never attacked it. That was until I installed this mod. And a turn or two later, the Huns finally attacked Aquileia with three stacks and nearly took it from me. I held onto to it by the skin of my teeth despite having a large garrison, a nearly full-stack garrisoned army, and a nearly full stack relief force. (Those Hun armies are STRONG! Plus, their heavy onagers pummeled my densely packed units.) Still, it was annoying to see how the Huns certainly had the strength to take this town, but with the vanilla CAI they never tried.

However, after the recent patch, I removed this mod and then just played a few turns to watch how CAI acted. And without this mod installed, the Huns attacked Aquileia despite its large garrison. It was nice to see. Did CA make some additional changes to the CAI to encourage it to attack garrisoned towns? I did notice that the Hun army that instigated that assault was infantry heavy (lots of mercs). That leads me to suspect that maybe cavalry heavy armies, which the Huns usually have, are leery of attacking garrisoned towns due to some auto-resolve calculations that disfavor them.

It's good to hear that CAI fixed the issue with armies just sailing around aimlessly in transports. For most of my WRE campaign, I've watched with some frustration as my ally, the ERE, have almost its entire army loaded onto ships in the eastern Mediterranean just sailing back and forth to seemingly no purpose. Meanwhile, their empire was slowly being devoured. However, yesterday, with the new patch I did notice that after a few turns the ERE did unload its armies onto dry land and actually start marching them towards enemy threats. Good job, CA!
    Yes bless his name

However, after the recent patch, I removed this mod and then just played a few turns to watch how CAI acted. And without this mod installed, the Huns attacked Aquileia despite its large garrison. It was nice to see. Did CA make some additional changes to the CAI to encourage it to attack garrisoned towns? I did notice that the Hun army that instigated that assault was infantry heavy (lots of mercs). That leads me to suspect that maybe cavalry heavy armies, which the Huns usually have, are leery of attacking garrisoned towns due to some auto-resolve calculations that disfavor them.
    Yep you are correct sir MKeogh, actually CA dont fix Hun template ratio, and if you use new game pure with vanilla at start on late game its also repeat the same behaviour where Huns try to avoid siege settlement. Actualy what caused Hun avoid to siege is less infantry to much horse.Its probably related with siege engine use, since we all know its very rare looking AI cavalary dismounted and use siege ladder.

As long the Huns have enough infantry its will do siege,but its will never happens in vanilla since its design prevent it. Unless its get updated on next update.Any mod that alter Hun template ratio (better ai for example) will do the jobs. I think for next update i will start looking to polish Vanilla auto resolve variant, since its pretty good, actually
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 06, 2015 at 08:35 AM.

bro, ini patch baru saya pake yang 2.7 fix cai edition only kok ai jadi nga mau diplomacy yh? non-aggression saya kasi 100,000 aja tetep nga mau ><
    btw ai cuma pake mod ente hehe, apa gara2 nga compatible sama save games?