Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 4.2 Official Release

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.4 Fix Edition

Awesome, will post screenshots when something interesting comes out I am probably a bit strong now, rank 3 as Franks but maybe the Huns and Romans will turn the tides

Sorry again for buggy release, one problem after another
    No worries man, it's a new game so a few things are bound to slip under the radar as you're learning and starting the mod from the ground up again. You've done some pretty great work here so a few bugs are a none issue Playing Homeworld now but I'll try this out once I've had my fill of the campaign.

Well this just happened, they are usually sitting there, and i just moved in and boom on me in the 1st turn, wish me luck lol

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

The only problem from that, is your GPU will cry because need work extra harder then usual

And thanks good its not size 200 or 300 man per units.

Right now i working new update for Version 2.5 this for intended for late game though, where you already bigger enough. Current version will have problem when you able to reach high level imperium the CAI will to scared picked fight with you, leading to passive AI . Will release the next version depend on did Version 2.4 get affected by Attila update today.

Its will save game compatible as usual.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 25, 2015 at 04:18 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

And here is the outcome in case anyone was worried

I guess BAI is not much better then CAI in term of strategy , well unless someone able to find the code to modify BAI behaviour

That result was from manual battle right ? not auto resolve things ?
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 26, 2015 at 12:11 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    I guess BAI is not much better then CAI in term of strategy , well unless someone able to find the code to modify BAI behaviour

That result was from manual battle right ? not auto resolve things ?
    Yup was from manual battle, the enemy units were low tier and i previously assassinated their high ranking generals , but still i don't think anyone can fix BAI, you can still win battles by keeping enemy units occupied with your infantry and just keep smashing them with Shock Cavalry as you can see from the kills, whats even worse they keep sending 3-4 units vs one of mine making it even easier to smash them with calvary and rout them, i menaged to rout 4 enemy stacks instantly when i charge 2 of my shock cavalry against them, they just need some kind of formation where they would attack while keeping their line and when the threat of cavalry appears to at least send units to face them, it didn't happen, i just kept my line they kept charging like idiots, like i said sometimes they send 4 units against one and they ended up surrounded by my axemen who i kept in reserve.

If anyone is wondering why they mostly had spears, it was because they didn't had any military buildings in a city that was close by, its not a bad AI design in terms of recruiting they just couldn't do it, i faced western roman empire with some good units and mixed units, i would say its best to use this mod when starting new game to get the full benefit of the research bonus so they can put out more elite units.
    Last edited by Armageddonn; February 26, 2015 at 06:25 AM.

The only one able to fix BAI is from C.A AI designer itself, unless he point out which file need to modify AI to flank, pick unit, etc etc. We can only modify half of it, like armour, melee stats. Who we are anyways, beggar dont choose . We are in the mercy of CA next update (hope not break this mod )

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    The only one able to fix BAI is from C.A AI designer itself, unless he point out which file need to modify AI to flank, pick unit, etc etc. We can only modify half of it, like armour, melee stats. Who we are anyways, beggar dont choose . We are in the mercy of CA next update (hope not break this mod )
    Well that is unit modifications not AI modification, like i said nobody can fix BAI unless the BAI guy who works in CA comes and tell us what exactly we need to modify, i just cannot understand why would 4 units fight 1 of my unit while 2 shock cavalry unit are about to smash them from behind, why nit make them pull at least 1 unit and make it wait their charge.

what do I need to modify just to make the AI more likely to attack my closest settlement?
    they usually ignore my cities, even if they have 3 armies (60 units refuse to attack me 26 units because there are walls?) and go for my small settlements
    so I put an army in the small settlement, and then they ignore those too

I just want to do some defensive siege battles instead of having to do the same battle on the same few village maps, especially the one that burns down my own settlement

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyballs01 View Post
    what do I need to modify just to make the AI more likely to attack my closest settlement?
    they usually ignore my cities, even if they have 3 armies (60 units refuse to attack me 26 units because there are walls?) and go for my small settlements
    so I put an army in the small settlement, and then they ignore those too

I just want to do some defensive siege battles instead of having to do the same battle on the same few village maps, especially the one that burns down my own settlement
    Do me and both of us favour ,contanct Creative Assembly AI development guys, you got your answer and mine too. Thank you

well thanks for nothing then
    I thougt you were a cool guy

Don't blame him. This how it is unless they let modders modify AI. Battle AI is fully hardcoded and i guess Campaign AI is not much better.

all I want is a more agressive AI without the bonusses
    I'll figure it out myself, just gonna take his mod and remove all the faction bonusses, see if that works

Quote Originally Posted by Jin- View Post
    Don't blame him. This how it is unless they let modders modify AI. Battle AI is fully hardcoded and i guess Campaign AI is not much better.
    You are correct Sir Jin, if i know the answer i already do the fix.

all I want is a more agressive AI without the bonusses
    I'll figure it out myself, just gonna take his mod and remove all the faction bonusses, see if that works
    There are limit asking something people doesnt know, if you think i know the answer, then i already fix that problem from the start dude,and probably now you will never ask the question since your game run in perfect mode. You want blame someone you got wrong person and forum to do, why not you contact the Total War Forum, and ask their the same question, that it if they answer it for you. Dont you pay the game you play now ?? For the record i already try every trick on my book the problem is from AI core code itself, i even already try disable all the CAI activity and let them only do 1 job attacking walled settlement, sometimes its work, sometimes its not. Not to mention most code from Rome 2 is also gone. I think its hardcode by AI dev guys with no other way to mod it, similiar like BAI, hope they fix this on today patch.

Also I am a modder not wikipedia. So you cant expect i have every answer for every damn question you throw off. I dont take your money or gain any benefit at all, so i dont have any responsibility to answer every question you ask. From reading your last post its seem you blame this mod for not doing your perfect Campaign AI right ?

You should be more gratefull, try play the barebone vanilla and you will be suprised how its even be more wonderfull experience. There are things that cant be fix by modder that because its hardcode by the developer itself. Also modder is not your Tech guys, who will provide every fix you want.You ask us modder to do this and that, and ask this and that.Now the question is How the hell the modder know all the answer, who he gonna ask ? you ? C.A AI Devs Team ? Gods maybe with pray ?

Yeah he try find the answer by himself,so before you ranting someone , think again how many work we done and how little you done, from figure out unknown table, missing name, figure out what this XXX do, testing it yourself do it work, uploading, maintain the thread, and still need to try be polite to try answer every question , complain and dealing with unsatisfied and thankless people like you.

If you dont like my work, just delete it no one force you to use it, download and posting in this thread.But please try keep your problem to yourself. Do the dirty job by yourself or pray somebody kind enough take the dirty work for you.

Hope my post educated your attitude , modder is human, treat us with respect and we treat you the same too
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 26, 2015 at 10:11 AM.

db --> cai_task_management_system_task_generator_groups_tables -->

CAI_VARIABLE_SETTLEMENT_STRENGTH_MODIFIER_ASSAULT
    that's 1.1
    if I lower that, they're more likely to attack settlements, right?

see? I can find stuff
    and the only reason I'm asking you is because I only know the basics of PFM, you obviously know more

crap, it's in db --> cai_variables_rgm and I can't edit posts because someone thought that was the best option for this forum

db --> cai_task_management_system_task_generator_groups_tables -->

CAI_VARIABLE_SETTLEMENT_STRENGTH_MODIFIER_ASSAULT
    that's 1.1
    if I lower that, they're more likely to attack settlements, right?

see? I can find stuff
    and the only reason I'm asking you is because I only know the basics of PFM, you obviously know more
    crap, it's in db --> cai_variables_rgm and I can't edit posts because someone thought that was the best option for this forum
    If i can create new custom stuff, how can i dont fix the problem from it start, if by fixing the value already fix the problem why i not done that from the start ?

Lowering it will not solve your problem, trust me, its only create more weird behaviour.If you think just lowering the value all the siege problem bug clear, why i dont do that from start ? how hard change its value into 0,1.

Second its quite funny, first you ask me ? then complain to me ? then started to mock me by your kind of behaviour, why you not try ask Sir Radious he also do AI mods, lets start butchering his mod on his own thread, or try Sir Magnar, or Sir Dresden , or maybe Sir Hedge, why from all modder in twc you pick me ???

There are lot people work in AI mod why not ask them around a while, also if you think that your solution can provide miracle cure for siege AI that ignore settlement that garrison by only one unit for starter (see just 1 unit guard this walled settlement why the AI not pick his bone). Be my quest mate, lets start your own mod create your own thread and spread the words by change one value you able to save the game.

Also if you can find the siege value why you need my mod from start ? dont you can fix the game by yourself at least. The value you talking already in db vanilla, and why you dont modify by yourself. How hard it can be ?
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 26, 2015 at 11:10 AM.

so, turns out you're an
    learn how to write in English so I can understand what you're even complaining about

so, turns out you're an
    learn how to write in English so I can understand what you're even complaining about
    Thank you for your kind words mate,i hope you will find enlightenment, the more post you done,the more people can see your good behaviour at all. Hey its internet forum after all anonymous is the benefit
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 26, 2015 at 11:16 AM.