Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 4.2 Official Release

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Yuko View Post
    Faction traits are working now too!

Great mod for a masochist, thanks a lot.
    Yeah its because error in table rename and the bug is already there when Version 2.2 released, thanks for early feedback Yuko much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by ziodaddy888 View Post
    is the v.2.3 save compatible.. i use the v.2.2 on my saxon campaign

btw... great job mate.. mantap gan !!
    Yes every version is save game compatible, sama sama gan, versi 2.2 punya bug CTD gara gara salah kasih nama di salah satu tabel CAI, tp sekarang udah beres gan, silahkan diseruput pelan pelan Versi 2.3 nya gan.
    Quote Originally Posted by the herald View Post
    Still can't edit posts even though I made the account 9 years ago Was also thinking maybe increasing the research rate that high might end up with very balanced fights in the mid to late game, because of the new upgrade system. By turn 100 the AI is going to be done with all the military tech and its armies will automatically be comprised completely of elite troops which you won't really be able to stand against with your low tech troops. Fighting large numbers of armies is tough but fighting troops with with double the stats kinda sucks. The Huns late troops for instance are incredibly good, and because they spam horse archers its hard even when they are similarly teched. Fighting top teched horse archers and elite swords with tier one or two infantry is going to be a slaughter, regardless of tactics.
    Ah, you can try the very easy and human edition, that version provided AI with very minimal handicap only 5%, the reseach times is only 2x faster then human, to make sure AI able to recruit and build proper military building at least.What matter is how the CAI behaviour itself by not wasting every turn and doing something worth to see.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 23, 2015 at 01:00 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.3 (fix) Edition

guys posted report how works the mod. i think a CAI overhaul a bit to early now... we can praktice vanilla campaign , how it works for later periods etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    guys posted report how works the mod. i think a CAI overhaul a bit to early now... we can praktice vanilla campaign , how it works for later periods etc.
    Dont worry i guess somebody will start screaming when CAI pawn them as soon as possible
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Think I'll give this a go, the current AI is broken passive, I even felt compelled to make a thread on it in their forums: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-large-numbers

I'll report back how it works out, lets hope your magic works in making the AI use those armies it has

Download link for Attila Fog of War Removal added, check the main page

Think I'll give this a go, the current AI is broken passive, I even felt compelled to make a thread on it in their forums: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-large-numbers

I'll report back how it works out, lets hope your magic works in making the AI use those armies it has
    Will be waiting mate, i quite understand how do you feel, since that the reason why i started modding CAI
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 23, 2015 at 05:13 AM.

Given it a go but it's crashing to desktop, it's occurring when the AI finishes its move and where the games should be transitioning back to giving the player control. I've tried older saves but it still happens, would I need to start a new game for it or should it be compatible with current saves?

The changes to the diplomacy are good though, factions are coming to me with agreements at last, and ones that make sense.

EDIT: Seems to be crashing on turn start even on new campaigns, not sure why. Using 2.3
    Last edited by the herald; February 23, 2015 at 06:19 AM.

Given it a go but it's crashing to desktop, it's occurring when the AI finishes its move and where the games should be transitioning back to giving the player control. I've tried older saves but it still happens, would I need to start a new game for it or should it be compatible with current saves?

The changes to the diplomacy are good though, factions are coming to me with agreements at last, and ones that make sense.

EDIT: Seems to be crashing on turn start even on new campaigns, not sure why. Using 2.3
    You mean the new ones 2.3 Version right ? that have (fix) sign on it, because when the older 2.3 version is out its have problem on one of his table (missing rename).If you use the old 2.3 version you will crash on early turn mostly below 5 turn.
    Try redownload again and give its a go on crash save game, its should able to bypass the crash turn, since i also able to pass it too
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 23, 2015 at 07:23 AM.

So tonight i decided to play campaign for testing purpouse and take some screenshot and i must say very satisfied with current result

Mod used : Better AI 2.3 (fix) Normal version
    Faction : Frank
    Difficult : Very hard

Turn 18

Well seem everything is fine no enemy sighted, its thick and woody region , no one know what evil lurking inside

Turn 19

Out of nowhere the AI come like mongol horde, i can only say what the f...k

Detail

Take notice, its seem the AI actualy capable to utilize forced march enabled them to chain link together , by doing that they can brutally sweep any opponent stand in their way.

Conclusion

Yes, even with easy edition or very easy and human edition, as long AI breath and able to build army they will come to you sooner or later, so anyone who complain the AI passive this or that can rest assured knowing they will find the terror they seek

The passive aspect comes from the AI really disliking to attack well defended settlements, at least in my experience. Try putting a 20 stack in a tier 2-3-4 town and see if they attack, I know vanilla Huns won't for some reason. I'll try re-downloading it.

The passive aspect comes from the AI really disliking to attack well defended settlements, at least in my experience. Try putting a 20 stack in a tier 2-3-4 town and see if they attack, I know vanilla Huns won't for some reason. I'll try re-downloading it.
    Since the mod is auto save friendly that mean you can jump to the save where you see Huns gathering their army, while in vanilla they just raiding and dont want attack, try this one and look did it do any better, if yes please be kind send me the screenshot , considering there are 8 stack friendly Huns doing friendly trading market in your border.

I also post work around if you ever find any crash in Better AI mod, just look the main page like usual
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 23, 2015 at 12:01 PM.

Still can't get it work for some reason, just tried all 3 fixed types and they all crash me in both new games and my current save. Might be something on my end though, I'll keep an eye out to see if anyone else has the same issue, you seem to be playing it fine though so it's probably just me. Thanks for the help though it's appreciated

Here's the link to my save game if your interested in seeing what affect your mod is having, might be useful for testing purposes?

https://mega.co.nz/#!OZgGlKDB!hqKhzC...FsOGHEywfrV4eY
    Last edited by the herald; February 23, 2015 at 12:34 PM.

Still can't get it work for some reason, just tried all 3 fixed types and they all crash me in both new games and my current save. Might be something on my end though, I'll keep an eye out to see if anyone else has the same issue, you seem to be playing it fine though so it's probably just me. Thanks for the help though it's appreciated
    No no the problem is in my mod not yours, since i also able to load your save game, and able to pass turn if if dont enable better ai mods and use vanilla, i just need figure out what value that cause this glitch, if i find that and i am pretty sure it will work.

Just bear patience i believe i already this close to see what the real problem here,and your save game is play big role in helping me determine the real problem is

I finaly able to found and determine second rogue value that cause the mod crash, will upload the latest one, for now download link has been disabled. Thank you for your attention and patience

Glad I could help

Glad to see this mod in Attila Junaidi

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Glad to see this mod in Attila Junaidi
    You welcome Sir Dresden

Glad I could help
    Its okay, here i also show you some good news, its seem your problem will also be fixed

The Hun just sit there doing nothing right, that your problem AI is passive am i correct, logicaly he should do attacking settlement with massive force like that, but AI dont do that.

After i enable the mod , its takes 2 turn, before AI actualy do what he should do, on first day of Spring the Hun finally launch massive siege, and yes there is no avoiding settlement walled complete with garrison, if AI able to eat you he will eat for sure

Now the big question why AI need to waiting for spring to attack ? hmm i think its have something to do with replenish since in winter Huns AI cant replensih, will figure this sooner or later, but i can confirm that AI will destroy either you empty walled, put garrison in your walled settlement or open ground. No places safe for you now

Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 23, 2015 at 03:05 PM.

Wow man you've fixed it then! Seriously that's awesome work! Maybe I need to begin moving my armies back into the East, here come the Huns at last! I tried Radious's mod earlier to see if it would help but it failed to push the AI into action, still just as passive as before even after 10 turns, seems he could learn a thing or two
    Last edited by the herald; February 23, 2015 at 03:14 PM.

Wow man you've fixed it then! Seriously that's awesome work! Maybe I need to begin moving my armies back into the East, here come the Huns at last! I tried Radious's mod earlier to see if it would help but it failed to push the AI into action, still just as passive as before even after 10 turns, seems he could learn a thing or two
    Well Radious tend to touch more wider aspect, while me only focus on CAI behaviour part, each one has its pro and contra, i never do any unit texture, so dont expect new units coming from me, every modder has its own style when come into modding, take example to Sir Dresden and Sir Magnar both release mod but with different approach and style.

hot fix release plsss .... game always crash during AI - Player transition

Quick question, first of all I love the look of this mod but first of all: Does the AI treat the player as it does with all other factions? And second of all: My experience with AI mods in the past isn't...the greatest, I've seen the AI cheat and completely ignore diplomacy going fully aggressive towards the player just because it's the player, so I suppose the second question is: does this mod turn the AI into a player-killing cheating machine or does it simply improve the AI thus making the game harder?

Thanks!