Page 19 of 94 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728294469 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 4.2 Official Release

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 3.2 Edition, ATTILA V 1.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Will check the problem, do you have the save game just before they migrate, if you provide me that, i can start work right aways
    Sadly, only have the save before Ebdanians migrated. Or actually turn before, and turn when they start abbandoning their settlement (Icon changed)
    Before Migration save. Start Migration save.

Mods except for yours, that I think can affect AI's decisions:
    Dresden's 12tpy
    More Meaningfull Seasons
    Magnar's doubled garrisons
    Warriors of Faith
    Imperialem Oeconomiae standart
    Jin-'s reduced campaign movement range

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

No problem that should be enough.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Is there a version of this mod without cheats? Like 57 governors and big number of armies. That's just takes away all challenge which this mod tries to increase.

Quote Originally Posted by bydlo View Post
    Is there a version of this mod without cheats? Like 57 governors and big number of armies. That's just takes away all challenge which this mod tries to increase.
    Easy and Human Edition should do the trick.

So I've started a new campaign with 3.2 and I must say I'm impressed with what you've done in regards to the AI attacking and expanding. The WRE is actually holding its ground and the Sassanids (& co.) are taking territory and attacking the ERE a fair bit. You've really done wonders with them actually attacking defended settlements too, no longer does the AI raid your lands endlessly while never besieging. They come for you and try to kill you like they should.

Only qualm at the moment seems to be hordes, the lack of razing really seems to be hurting them when it comes to defeating their enemies. They raid a lot and sack plenty but they never seem to make much impact as the enemy keeps all its lands and eventually they get wiped out. The Visigoths in Greece were a decent example, they just kinda raided the area (and razed one village) for about 20 odd turns until the ERE managed to build enough armies to kill them off, when they died it was like they'd never been there. In vanilla they'll burn the place to ground, crippling the ERE's territory and income. Having them do that again would be good I think, making razing rare means they really aren't a threat because they rarely occupy and at worst they liberate a faction which is easily beaten or subjugated.

Besides the razing they seem to be better, the Huns new army system definitely seems to be working better from a siege perspective.

One other thing I've noticed is that only the Huns (out of all the hordes) appear to make new armies. All the others never create new ones, they just run with the original 2 until they die or settle. It would be pretty cool to have other hordes make new armies, I assume the Huns have something special that makes them duplicate but I'm not sure what that is. With the mod the Huns expand excellently though, they had 5 armies by turn 10 in my current game.

I must say though overall you've fixed a lot of the issues I've had with Attila since launch. It's actually playable now for one thing. Comparing your progress to the official patchs is quite funny, they've done very little and you've done all this, they should hire you
    Last edited by the herald; March 19, 2015 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bydlo View Post
    Enjoy the mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Go0lden_Archer View Post
    Thanks for keep helping Sir Go0lden_Archer

Quote Originally Posted by the herald View Post
    So I've started a new campaign with 3.2 and I must say I'm impressed with what you've done in regards to the AI attacking and expanding. The WRE is actually holding its ground and the Sassanids (& co.) are taking territory and attacking the ERE a fair bit. You've really done wonders with them actually attacking defended settlements too, no longer does the AI raid your lands endlessly while never besieging. They come for you and try to kill you like they should.

Only qualm at the moment seems to be hordes, the lack of razing really seems to be hurting them when it comes to defeating their enemies. They raid a lot and sack plenty but they never seem to make much impact as the enemy keeps all its lands and eventually they get wiped out. The Visigoths in Greece were a decent example, they just kinda raided the area (and razed one village) for about 20 odd turns until the ERE managed to build enough armies to kill them off, when they died it was like they'd never been there. In vanilla they'll burn the place to ground, crippling the ERE's territory and income. Having them do that again would be good I think, making razing rare means they really aren't a threat because they rarely occupy and at worst they liberate a faction which is easily beaten or subjugated.

Besides the razing they seem to be better, the Huns new army system definitely seems to be working better from a siege perspective.

I must say though overall you've fixed a lot of the issues I've had with Attila since launch. It's actually playable now for one thing. Comparing your progress to the official patchs is quite funny, they've done very little and you've done all this, they should hire you
    Thanks for the kind words Sir Herald, i will try my best to figure this thing problem with work around solution.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

I think most of its the lack of hordes making new armies, no idea why they don't but the Hun AI does. Seriously with your mod I'm currently just watching the map as a spectator with no FOW, it's brilliant, tons of AI expansion and 7 Hun armies roaming the wilds from Germany to Greece to the Steps. All while the Sassanids attack my cities and villages (playing as the ERE to survive while I watch). Up to turn 23 here a screenie:

Not many hordes besides the Huns but seriously look at this map, AI doing something! It wasn't this good on turn 200 in my vanilla WRE campaign.
    Last edited by the herald; March 19, 2015 at 04:18 PM.

Hmm turn 23, hmm from the map i think phase one already started its effect, i hope phase 3, work as i intended, where your ally started to desert human player and "Ally War" commence

The phase 1 : where weaker AI faction start banding together and try eliminate opposing rival power block. Its very very chaotic situation now.On early those power block who survive the chaos, will grow very large and start ....

The phase 2 : Its will be very entertaining since those power block faction that survive will attempt very large invasion, since now they unit is war veteran or at least have recruit lots of quality units. Sea invasion , land invasion yes, i can predict they number can be large, Attila the Hun is simply kids toys compare with combined might of just 1 faction power block. Those who survive will start ....

The phase 3 : If you reach this stage, congratulation since now your power faction mostly control the world, and the remaining enemy mostly cant do much, but this is not end, thanks to imperium lvl 8 or 7 you will be pit with your own allies who already have very high exp battle scarred veteran army completed with highest quality units. Yes this is my own version of Civil Wars, never Ally war is epic like this before

You will fight among those you call "brother in arm". Considering how large and very powerfull your Ally this will provide the very best epic war on your campaign. Enjoy the show.
    Actually i can enable the barbarian to able to burn, but i need to test it myself do it better or worse. But I pretty sure on late turn Hun can proves hard challenge since its breeding with alarming rate, like cockroach.

The decision to let the Hun AI feast of fertile land, destorying and burn it as its travel. For other nomad faction i think its come from game itself, probably its been locked or something will check it out. Perhaps they already set to let Hun became the most powerful Nomad, in the game.

If Vanilla version is perform better then i see no reason why i need to create this mod
    Nice picture anyways, i hope Total War Zone want to create youtube version for this mod
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 19, 2015 at 04:42 PM.

Hello modder thank you for the awesome mod, I have some questions that really trouble me

I play my game with some trainers, so my empire is very strong with a lot of money and power and troops, too many that the AI never attacks any of my settlement even if we are at war. Is there any tables in your mod that determines how strong the AI needs to be before they will attack? If so can you guide me to the specific values so I can edit them and make AI come at me very hard? I'm using the hard edition already but still AI simply won't touch me. I'm at war with more than 20+ factions and no one seem to even want to come to my land.

Thank you.

Dont understand your problem, start new game without trainer .Logicaly if this mod make AI not attack you then there will no lot of reply here
    If you want see faster result just play ERE even on turn 1 , you will be greeting with multiple siege across your land

Still even with trainer the AI should attack you. Are you sure you load the mod in correct order, do you install in correct way. Can you send me your screen shot ?
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 20, 2015 at 01:57 AM.

Sadly, only have the save before Ebdanians migrated. Or actually turn before, and turn when they start abbandoning their settlement (Icon changed)

Dresden's 12tpy
    More Meaningfull Seasons
    Warriors of Faith
    Hey i already looking and working on prevent the Ebdanians migrated. Now for WRE we should report to total war officialy, since last time its hit ERE and they able to fix it via update.

Actually judging from the number of stack WRE holds, its enough to sweep Langobard, hmmm
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 20, 2015 at 02:35 AM.

Hey, could you create a version that's is purely CAI related only? No camera, scouting(unless the table you include isn't that of battles), deployables edits etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Hey i already looking and working on prevent the Ebdanians migrated. Now for WRE we should report to total war officialy, since last time its hit ERE and they able to fix it via update.

Actually judging from the number of stack WRE holds, its enough to sweep Langobard, hmmm
    Good to hear. Tho I dont remember my acc on off., tw forum, so not going to report it there any time soon

P.S. Also, can you check puppet states (satrapies) loyalty? I've tried Dresdens all diplomatic options, to create few puppet states instead of tributaries for Langobards, but the moment I'm declaring war, or joining my ally at war, all puppets break off, thus starting war against me.
    My tributaries and military/defence allies are eager to join war by my side, when I'm attacking or attacked, but puppets never seem to want, even if they REALLY like me (like +200 and more). I had to disable Dresden's mod and end all puppets treaties because of this.
    P.S.S. I dont have any saves with active puppet states tho.

Yeah, i've downloaded this version. But it contained 3 files. The patch one according to faq is for BAI. The CAI version there, but what about the 3d one?

I think i should create better tutorial next time,

Use only one that you like
    1.Attila Better AI 3.2 Very Human and Easy Edition Cai, is the cai only
    2.Attila Better AI 3.2 Very Human and Easy Edition is the full version
    Important
    1.Attila Better AI patch is important and needed, its patch type, so its will not load in your mod manager since its work like official patch, just put on data folder like the rest of mod installation

Hope its clarify
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 20, 2015 at 04:53 AM.

Good to hear. Tho I dont remember my acc on off., tw forum, so not going to report it there any time soon

P.S. Also, can you check puppet states (satrapies) loyalty? I've tried Dresdens all diplomatic options, to create few puppet states instead of tributaries for Langobards, but the moment I'm declaring war, or joining my ally at war, all puppets break off, thus starting war against me.
    My tributaries and military/defence allies are eager to join war by my side, when I'm attacking or attacked, but puppets never seem to want, even if they REALLY like me (like +200 and more). I had to disable Dresden's mod and end all puppets treaties because of this.
    P.S.S. I dont have any saves with active puppet states tho.
    Already posted the problem, hope next update can fix, if my deduction correct and wre ai fix, they should creep to your teritory , considering the number army they have

Dresden's 12tpy
    More Meaningfull Seasons
    Warriors of Faith
    Its not my mod problem, its from imperialem oeconomiae, since now most ai bonus get rid, then ai start more poorer then usual, and if they income hit certain minus number they will doing in mass exodus a.k.a migrate, even they own entire italy.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

I don't think the Ebdians would do that in the new Imperialem update *coughselfpromotioncough*

Seriously, the latest update really improves economy for smaller factions. Of course, savegame compatible.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Last update: Tweaked hordes' upkeep and stances - March 28th 8:20 AM (GMT -6)

I dont know what version Golden Archer used, hope its not latest edition.

I want to try some crazy experiment, by letting ai build massive armies like full 57 stack by let them recruit without concern money, and see did they perform better.
    Will report with some grand picture. The test itself to check how the AI perform handle multiple units, did its more better or worsed then handling several units.

Try new Imperialem Economiae version i think its should be enough to keep AI from migrate decision

Quote Originally Posted by dmboss View Post
    I just posted my opinion in your thread ping-pong game indeed . As I said, in the latest Imperialem update the overall economy improved. My income as Franks 10 turns from start jumped from -1100 to +500. The AI will definitelly not migrate now if not even prosper.

EDIT: not +1500 but +500. The Franks are not yet a powerhouse , but still an improvement.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 20, 2015 at 06:25 AM.

Hello Junaidi! Thank you for your hard work.
    I have a stupid question: where do I find the "mod manager" you people talk about? I put the mod in Data as instructed and it appears in the "mod management" window from the Attila launcher, but it doesn't look like the screenshot in the OP and I don't see the 54 governors limit if I open my faction window. Is there a third party program I have to download somewhere?

Thanks!