Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 4.2 Official Release

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.7 (Fix) & V 2.8 (Beta) Edition, ATTILA V 1.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by the herald View Post
    Some things I think you'd need to be able to code the AI to fix, like them sailing out to sea or sometimes leaving settlements undefended. Junaidi83's done a great job of convincing the AI to do the smart thing, like attacking cities, defending, being aggressive, etc. but I think some areas you need CA to fix, the hardcoded AI bugs basically. This mod is definitely a huge improvement over vanilla, at least for me, good luck seeing most of the stuff in his screenshots with vanilla. Actually having them siege and attack one another just didn't happen in vanilla unless it's an empty village, and you no longer get the weird "attack the player only" behavior you used to get. That feature might be nice in the Huns AI but it's silly with anyone else.

Worth mentioning that Radious's does affect AI, so running the two together might cause issues. Even with the load order being correct I've noticed sometimes mods overwrite each other unpredictably.
    Exactly. He has made this broken ass wheel kind of roll. To true the wheel properly it needs a complete rebuild, but he has worked wonders with what he has to work with. The CAI is pretty much awful in vanilla. I've dropped over 200 hours into the game now, several games beyond 200 turns (I'm straight up sandboxing to see how the AI behaves). You're exactly right. The vanilla CAI is just garbage. Outside of the first 20-30 turns when everything is sensible, the game degenerates to the point where the AI will rarely if ever fight for settlements.

For example in my last game which I pushed to 230 or so turns, I was playing as the Jutes. I migrated to Carthage and North Africa pretty quickly. Gaul formed, expanded rapidly to around 25 settlements, but the collapsed due to the Huns/everyone ganging up on them. Out of these ashes rose the Danes. By the time I pulled the plug on the game they were the number 1 power, had around 20 settlements. All of Spain and some of Gaul. Eventually I ended up at war with them. Guess where they had 10-15 full stacks. In Spain? Nope. In Gaul? Nope. Italy? Nope. Sarmatia. They are in Sarmatia chasing the Huns around. 10 to 15 stacks of Danes on the opposite side of the map, where they had ZERO strategic interests, chasing the Huns around. In total they had around 20-25 stacks, I had about 7 full stacks + about 6 more garrison armies with 3 or 4 slingers in each stack. If the AI had any clue at all, it would have bum rushed me and killed me in 3 turns.

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.7 (Fix) & V 2.8 (Beta) Edition, ATTILA V 1.1.0

Is this mod working with Radious Mod?

greetings from germany
    nico

@Osbot Yeah got about 120 odd hours so far, you really start to notice the AI problems in vanilla at around 150-250, to the point where it becomes campaign map only because there are no armies, and the armies that are there never attack. I've yet to get further than turn 20 or so with 2.6/2.7 but it definitely seems better, the AI isn't only gunning for me and ignoring other factions and the ERE is actually holding back the Sassanids instead of sitting in the sea. I tried 2.4 with my older save but I think the AI issues were already in place by then so while it helped it couldn't stop the AI being stupid, definitely works better with a fresh start.

When it comes to AI coding I imagine CA will patch it into a better state eventually, Rome 2's AI was alright by the end of the patching and it was made even better by mods like this or Radious's. As it stands at the moment this mod is must have just to get the game to work beyond the early game.

It's worth pointing out I'm using a mod that doubles garrisons. The men within my city are equal to a normal garrison + a full stacked army. You can see that the city holds 3800 men, which is a substantial amount, much larger than a stack. It's 27 units to be exact. Even with that the AI is still attacking the city, its doing it with anywhere from 2 stacks to 4 at a time, lots of variety.

screenshot of another seige:

Last edited by the herald; March 08, 2015 at 09:46 AM.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Quote Originally Posted by ithrian View Post
    Not sure i quite understood you there. Yes, by using the downgraded version (easy mode) i bypass the freeze, but if i try to put the upgrade mod (normal mode) back on the freeze is back. And i only want to play with the normal mod, with loads of army stacks rampaging my lands and try to conquer my cities ). What value need to be changed, if it's easy you could just point to wich tablet to change..if it's not easy, please fix it for me <3. Anyways, heres my savefile: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...83356892580764 . Thanks for the help mate
    Cheers mate, i take quick look and found the culprit i think 2.9 will see the end of this freeze bug , here the proof

Turn before crash

Damn cheat engine is on its seem lots of impossible money

Umm how come the WRE Empire shrink into this pre Caesar Campaign size

End turn

Yep its fix and pass . Latest version will include this fix. Thanks for reporting

Now with the Hun issue lack of army issue resolved because even they have the money they cant recruit new stack thanks for Population system, render Hun and other Nomadic Horde Faction that use Population as system to recruit new general. Yes The Hun is Coming and be prepare to watch them sweep through Europe with Impunity along with other Nomadic Horde faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2511 View Post
    Is this mod working with Radious Mod?

greetings from germany
    nico
    Yes its work, but for some strange reason people keep complain that AI that should active became passive, when combine this mod together, strangely when they just run with Vanilla,its almost no problem, provided they start new game not just continue from old vanilla save game.

My advice to try it yourself, just play some campaign with combined mods, then save the game prior end turn where the AI faction attack you, then notice the auto resolve things, disable the Radious mod, and test again same battle, did the auto resolve balance is shifted. Last time i test using vanilla tend to favour AI, while using Radious tend to favour Human. But that just my own personal test, i recommend people also start to test it as well, and share the result.

Hope its help
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 08, 2015 at 12:49 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Try disable the radious,its have something with auto resolve, which prevent ai to siege your city. Just disable the radious for while and check again did the ai back to siege you.

You can read my post on here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-V-1-1-0/page7

I do some experiment with radious before i say its prevent AI
    Well, tried without Radious, it didn't really resolve my issue, tho by this moment I'm already steamrolling around the map, aiming at finishing this playthourgh as soon as possible.

So I wonder, is there any feedback about FOTE? I mean, does your mod works fine along side Fall of the Eagles? Or should I try to stick to vanilla as much as possible? Tho I doubt I would be able to do so

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.9 Edition, ATTILA V 1.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Go0lden_Archer View Post
    Well, tried without Radious, it didn't really resolve my issue, tho by this moment I'm already steamrolling around the map, aiming at finishing this playthourgh as soon as possible.
    So I wonder, is there any feedback about FOTE? I mean, does your mod works fine along side Fall of the Eagles? Or should I try to stick to vanilla as much as possible? Tho I doubt I would be able to do so
    I never play Fall of the Eagles, thanks for modding work , but i think its should work fine just load it on top.

Okay you said its dont resolve you issue,lets we assummed its Better AI mod fault, and may i ask again what the current AI behaviour that you have complain. Lets say AI dont attack your city or dont siege you walled settlement. Now can you please upload your save game like other people already done , like Sir Herald or Ithrian, so i may look on the save game and find where the fault its is. Who know maybe i can fix it

Hmm may i ask , is there other mod combination you also use, so i can follow it and see where the fault happens, thanks in advance

Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.9 Is Out Now !!!!!
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Ok I'm hitting turn 33 at the moment, ran into something I've noticed that might need some work. AI seems to be doing a lot of razing in the east instead of conquering, same occurs with the north-east but to a much lesser degree. The war back and forth between the Sassanids and the ERE has resulted in tons of ruined settlements but little expansion in the empires.

More colonizing would be good too but I'm not sure how you'd make the AI do it.

I will say the level of combat on the map has been amazing compared to vanilla, the ERE is desperately trying to defend its territory with some actual success, no camping in the Mediterranean. The Sassanids have attacked the ERE more in the last 30 turns than it did in my entire 250 turn game in vanilla. There's fighting everywhere on the map instead of just against me.

example of the razing in the east (the razed stuff near the WRE was all me, so don't worry about that).

Last edited by the herald; March 08, 2015 at 02:28 PM.

Time to dump the 2.8 Version Sir Herald, since V 2.9 will unlock the true power of Horde faction,do you know how many AI faction as Nomadic horde, Byanmar, Hun, there are lot of them,combined with Migrator Horde like Visigoth,Alan, Ostgorth , Vandal not counting various other AI faction, that army recruitment is limited by Population System, there are very very lot of potential power , they are like hidden powder keg ready to blow

Nice picture Sir Herald, Razing ??? Do my eyes wrong, Hun in ERE that fast on turn 33, Alan , Bastarnian and visigoth both also horde faction, Seem as long there are piranha, destruction and death is follow, i guess ERE now almost get destroyed. Damn that was quick one
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 08, 2015 at 02:59 PM.

I never play Fall of the Eagles, thanks for modding work , but i think its should work fine just load it on top.

Okay you said its dont resolve you issue,lets we assummed its Better AI mod fault, and may i ask again what the current AI behaviour that you have complain. Lets say AI dont attack your city or dont siege you walled settlement. Now can you please upload your save game like other people already done , like Sir Herald or Ithrian, so i may look on the save game and find where the fault its is. Who know maybe i can fix it

Hmm may i ask , is there other mod combination you also use, so i can follow it and see where the fault happens, thanks in advance
    Sure, here's the save.

As for the mods I'm using, its this:
    Radious TW Mod / Units
    Magnar Mechanics (Stronger Walls, Garrisons Doubled)
    RSG Proper Marriage Mod / RSG Influencial Faction Leader / RSG Proper Office and Promotion
    More Meaningful Seasons / Turn Per Year (12tpy)
    Viking Forefathers DLC Reskin+ Unique Roster Expansion (Radious Balanced)
    Rebell's/Emergent factions reworked!
    Viking faction traits

As far as I understand, only your mod, and Radious mod change AI behaviour. As the rest of them aren't doing anything of a sort. Yours is 1st in load order ofc.

P.S. It seems that AI doesn't care about doubled garrisons, they still continue to send 'half-naked' armies onto garrison-only towns sometimes, mine or other factions, only to get wiped out on auto-resolve. Funny
    P.S.S. Thanks for update! Hope to see Huns steamrolling across the map, in this, or next playthourgh

Will look the issue and report what wrong with it, thanks for the save game

Most of the razing has been the Sassanids and ERE surprisingly, the Huns have razed two places and the Alans have only settled over there, no razing from them. Encouraging them to capture lands more often might be a good idea if possible, the Sassanids lost some land to the ERE razing at like turn 10 but they've not expanded or recolonized anything. But yeah it's been pretty crazy so far tons of stuff going on. Only ones that seem to colonize at the moment are the rebel factions, everyone else seems content to leave the razed areas alone.#

Using 2.9 now, Attila is nearing leadership age so I'd beter get ready
    Last edited by the herald; March 08, 2015 at 04:01 PM.

Sure, here's the save.As for the mods I'm using, its this:Radious TW Mod / UnitsMagnar Mechanics (Stronger Walls, Garrisons Doubled)RSG Proper Marriage Mod / RSG Influencial Faction Leader / RSG Proper Office and PromotionMore Meaningful Seasons / Turn Per Year (12tpy)Viking Forefathers DLC Reskin+ Unique Roster Expansion (Radious Balanced)Rebell's/Emergent factions reworked!Viking faction traitsAs far as I understand, only your mod, and Radious mod change AI behaviour. As the rest of them aren't doing anything of a sort. Yours is 1st in load order ofc.P.S. It seems that AI doesn't care about doubled garrisons, they still continue to send 'half-naked' armies onto garrison-only towns sometimes, mine or other factions, only to get wiped out on auto-resolve. Funny P.S.S. Thanks for update! Hope to see Huns steamrolling across the map, in this, or next playthourgh
    Wow, now i understand why the AI became passive turn out despite my mod load in top order, the game use the radious mod permanently which mean my mod doesnt work at all, great, spread the news to all user that use radious and my mod together.
    Wanna proof , okay lets do it.Now start again the game, this time try using better ai v 2.9 (normal) ,just load the game

The game use Radious (Bettter Aggresive AI V 2.9 normal + Radious)Notice the Governour number 7/8

Better Aggresive AI V 2.9 (Normal) + Vanilla + other mod (Radious disable)I start new game, notice the Governour max number ? That sign Better Aggresive AI V 2.9 enabled and running.....Conclusion my mod and radious mod seem doesnt work together despite no conflict and my mod enabled on top. That explain AI passive in your game since my mod didnt work at all. Curious just load the mod and check it out
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 08, 2015 at 05:14 PM.

Noticed this when messing around with diplomacy mods on top of yours earlier in the week, appears mod order doesn't do what it did in rome 2.
    Last edited by the herald; March 08, 2015 at 04:54 PM.

Spread the words mate, spread the words, its save me and my thread from full of people who complain my mod resulted BAD and Passive AI .
    Yes for the record radious dont touch CAI main tables, its just use what vanilla default setting. And that explain everything, and solve the puzzle which i always wonder is this auto resolve problem things ? turn out not

Well, that explains few things. Tho with your mod diplomacy is rather diffirent/insanely difficult, and AI tends to colonize little bit more. Meh, it's a shame really.. Here's hoping that FOTE will be more compatible

Did you say radious mod doesn't work with yours. Maybe I should turn it off for now. For the horde faction growth I will have to test them out and see their breeding speed for myself
    I'll come back to you when I have results

Well, that explains few things. Tho with your mod diplomacy is rather diffirent/insanely difficult, and AI tends to colonize little bit more. Meh, it's a shame really.. Here's hoping that FOTE will be more compatible
    Well thanks for your save game mate , if i dont check your save game even i never realize this issue, who thought that even with my mod load in top doesnt mean its use my mod , yeah i hope FOTE will be compatible, just check the governour things if its write 57 (using normal or easy edition) and its should be compatible

Quote Originally Posted by LordN00KE View Post
    Did you say radious mod doesn't work with yours. Maybe I should turn it off for now. For the horde faction growth I will have to test them out and see their breeding speed for myself
    I'll come back to you when I have results
    Yes its doesnt work, that explain lot of things mate, heheheh its also because your idea LordN00KE so the horde now can recruit army like non horde faction do.Basicly they now are more powerfull considering the limiter that hamper their development in building and army is gone now

You should consider turning down the base child chance. It's neat and all, but having 25-30 kids from one dude is going to spiral the campaign out of control within 2 generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Osbot View Post
    You should consider turning down the base child chance. It's neat and all, but having 25-30 kids from one dude is going to spiral the campaign out of control within 2 generations.
    Ah i understand now,that explain lots of things, back there i just intend to increase legal child while cutting down bastard chance, turn out is just give baby population to much, will update and correct this error on V.2.0, for now do me favour just open pfm look on campaign_variables_tables,check the family_base_child_chance and delete it or modify it depend on what you like that all i can do help for now.

Thanks for reporting that kind of error. Its missunderstanding the variable meaning

Ah i understand now,that explain lots of things, back there i just intend to increase legal child while cutting down bastard chance, turn out is just give baby population to much, will update and correct this error on V.2.0, for now do me favour just open pfm look on campaign_variables_tables,check the family_base_child_chance and delete it or modify it depend on what you like that all i can do help for now.

Thanks for reporting that kind of error. Its missunderstanding the variable meaning
    I changed it already ;p I'm just going to have to be a little bit suicidal with my kings 150 grand children!