Page 10 of 94 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 4.2 Official Release

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.7 (Fix) Edition, ATTILA V 1.1.0

Ha masak sih ? Bisa kale, malahan lebih gampang harusnya. kalo juragan mau upload save game nya bisa saya lihat apa masalahnya, sekarang sih saya nerka nerka aja

Faction : ?
    Treat : Non aggresion
    Faction target : ?

Coba dulu new game, saya mesti jelasin dulu 1 hal, ini diplomacy agak beda, jd kalo dulu agan punya faction ally bisa tikam tikaman gak jelas di early, sekarang lebih smooth, hidung bareng atau mati bareng, setia kawan lah, hanya saja kalau dalam perjalanan terjadi clash contoh ally vs ally nah kan dilemma tuh juragan , itu akibatnya fatal.AI enemy jg prinsipnya sama, jdlah mereka koalisi , udah bukan perang 1 vs 1 lagi tp antar geng, kini. Yang kalah nangis wilayahnya bakal dilahap. Kalo juragan maju sendiri jamin mati dibakar massa kyk geng motor

Inti nya sih si AI gak bisa lagi agan sogok buat belot, mungkin bisa cuma susah dan mesti pas tawarannya. Kalo dulu modal cheat engine agan bisa beli persahabatan, sekarang enggak, AI jg sama, jd kyk Sasanid Empire itu vassal pada setia, akibatnya , pas war nanti besar kemungkinan bukan perang antar negara tp multi negara

Kalo dulu ally gak da ally gak begitu ngefek, sekarang kerasa banget pentingnya soalnya bakal sering acara gangbang. Jangan seneng dulu, itu ally jg bakal belot pada akhirnya seiring dengan tumbuhnya imperium, hit lvl 7 udah kerasa gerahnya, kalo lvl 8 harusnya udah pada lepas dan mulai deh war antar ally. Yah ally disimpan sebagai musuh terakhir.Dimana udah bisa dipastikan epic nya soalnya udah mentok si AI , duit oke, unit oke, kualitas dan mutu terjamin. Kalo gak gitu biasa late game mengecewakan soalnya faction yg selamat gak banyak, dan biasanya yg kualitas "unggul" gak banyak karena sibuk perang antar tetangga yg menghabiskan anggaran.

Kerangka berpikirnya sederhana

Early : Tumbuh besar bersama AI ally
    Mid : hancurkan oposisi bersama ally yg udah gede
    Late : Bersiap melawan Ally yg udah kaya raya dan powerfull

Jd acara perang antar tetangga sebisa mungkin diminimalisir, mendingan fokus antar kecamatan kini tawurannya

proof

Tuh gua lamar anak gadisnya,dijamin aman 7 turunan hubungan ane udah jd menantu
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 06, 2015 at 10:29 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Moved to 2.7 and I will say so far my experience with the CAI has been great, they're attacking and being sensible for once. Lots of battles and sieges going on in both my lands and others.

The diplomacy could use some work however, the negative figures for 2.7 are a little too extreme for my liking. Some of my enemies have a -500 relation with me, and we've barely fought. It looks like it will be impossible to reach peace with them, which is a little silly as it effectively stops diplomacy working. I like that wars start but like real life their should be other means to make peace than invading them. In most cases wars were fought on and off they rarely lasted until one faction died. For example the Punic wars or the crusades, there were times of war and peace. Currently I'd need to donate over 300,000 gold just to stop the hate which is excessive. I'm happy with wars starting easier but we need to be capable of stopping them as well, the cost of doing so at the moment makes it impossible.

eg:

See how high those negatives are? Makes peace impossible, when realistically it was always reached at some point.

Maybe increase the effect gifts and treaties have, or make peace easier to reach even with high negatives. At the moment the world will probably be in total war after 20 turns and it'll never stop. This type of thing never happened in the past, wars stopped and started constantly, it wasn't WW1 or WW2 for a thousand years.

Still good work on the rest of the mod but I think diplomacy needs some tweaking, I'd like to have some control through the diplomacy panel instead of it being useless after 10 turns. 2.6 was a little more sensible in that regard, loading 2.7 basically turned the map into World War one.
    Last edited by the herald; March 06, 2015 at 11:52 AM.

Hmmm hmm ,actually the diplomacy part is fine, the problem is the - value is to greater, its seem, well its quite trial and error, the theory its work, but like you said we also want to peace, and its cant be achieved if the - value is to much high. Hmm hmm i realy need to find solution for this. Please upload the save game for this one, if you can so i can use it as test.

What you see right now is :

The phase 1 : where weaker AI faction start banding together and try eliminate opposing rival power block. Its very very chaotic situation now.On early those power block who survive the chaos, will grow very large and start ....

The phase 2 : Its will be very entertaining since those power block faction that survive will attempt very large invasion, since now they unit is war veteran or at least have recruit lots of quality units. Sea invasion , land invasion yes, i can predict they number can be large, Attila the Hun is simply kids toys compare with combined might of just 1 faction power block. Those who survive will start ....

The phase 3 : If you reach this stage, conggratulation since now your power faction mostly control the world, and the remaining enemy mostly cant do much, but this is not end, thanks to imperium lvl 8 or 7 you will be pit with your own allies who already have very high exp battle scarred veteran army completed with highest quality units. Yes this is my own version of Civil Wars, never Ally war is epic like this before

You will fight among those you call "brother in arm". Considering how large and very powerfull your Ally this will provide the very best epic war on your campaign. Enjoy the show.

Its current diplomacy its has been designed to one short scenario, first

Early : You and Ally grow big together
    Mid : Both you guys start conquering together any opposing AI faction coaltion horde
    Late : You and your ally will backstab another , since the only enemy left is you and your ally

For this to happens, AI act very reliable toward his ally, than incuding player and other AI, so its very difficult to bribe them using money.

I try to force AI creating coalition and start banding together, and definetly not break, created very strong power block. And the goals is to channels all their attention toward other rival block. Imagine if All AI in Britain and north area is united, and moved all its troop toward Western Rome for example. Before they fight among rival neighbourhood mostly. Even late game, its very small faction that grow large due extensive and endless warring among another.With united they can form very very powerfull and realy challenging even in early game.

If you fail to protect your ally, now and they die because of that. Its realy put you into deep trouble now.

Now the peace words is simply not happens in this current scenario, the only way to peace is through defeating your enemy with help of your other ally. Make them vassal maybe works.

Yes mostly on turn 20 its will total war among AI , which is good, because they will try to fight as group rather individual faction, which make interesting, through fire,blood and steel, weaker faction group will defeated, and the winner will grow large. Just think like Yakuza wars of teritory.You will lead your own faction power group, while other AI also do the same. Sassanid Empire for example, since its supported by loyal vassal, they will keep expanding on Middle East eventualy challenge human player. Its quite messy in early, but after several turn, its will get stable slowly and show to you what grand Epic scheme its offer.

Early turn just like endless and game of survival, that why i said Early : grow big together with your ally

Because if A faction is peace, then the all campaign progress also slow down. While in old version where AI quite unreliable , war and peace is easy come and easy go, as long the price is right. But this grand scenario mostly not happens.

Current version 2.7 (fix) its prety clear to draw a line between enemy and ally. I will think the solution to put peace in the future
    Now its like one bullet only. But i will try to remedy this situation, in next update. For now either die together will your ally or life together, the choice is yours. Fight alone is simply no option.

But i will try use some of your suggestion. Keep sending me more feedback mate, you help me polish this
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 06, 2015 at 01:03 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Here's the save mate: https://www.mediafire.com/?3c1qkkqgqngke1l

Here's a quick save I made straight after, it showcases how aggressive/good the AI can be with this mod. It's a siege with the AI attacking my city with 3 armies, it's pretty cool. Might be good for screenshots:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?p2mui4v417llv5c

I like the idea of the constant war, but peace would be a nice option sometimes. I know in my vanilla campaign I poured coin into Germany to slowly rebuild relations there, it cost me 100,000's of coin but I eventually got peace trade going. I like that option even if it's potentially harder than invading them.

Only solution I can think is maybe increasing the value money has in diplomacy? Might allow you to balance out the high negatives if you put money into the equation. Don't make it too powerful but enough to counter the strong negatives at the moment. Currently you need to pay 30,000 for +50 relations, which is a little too low if the enemy has -500 relations

I will mate, thanks for the support, cant rep again until i spread out

Yes, when i looking on diplomacy, the image of, enemy,brotherhood,and betrayal. Now its getting into shape.

The problem is total war is inevitable, you will jump from one war toward another, most of the time your army will busy either help your ally, defend or conquest.

Peace time like oasis in the middle of desert, very rare to happens, you can have peace if you stay behind your ally

Yes first i will to reduce the minus value first, for example if peace have -30 then war have 30 lets cut the size in half like -15 and 15, something like that, so the - value stay under control. The money will be reconsider again. But i think if i cut the size in half -500 will like -250 . That the theory. Maybe we try increase 20.000 for +50 relation will help things smooth and under control.

Quote Originally Posted by the herald View Post
    Here's a quick save I made straight after, it showcases how aggressive/good the AI can be with this mod. It's a siege with the AI attacking my city with 3 armies, it's pretty cool. Might be good for screenshots:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?p2mui4v417llv5c

Oh , just on turn 10 , its seem there also other faction help AI as well, seem the phase one start working as intended

No wonders people cry to reenable peace , i can understand why now, despite the grand epic. Seem survive on phase 1 is very impossible if using auto resolve

What version you use ? With current upgrade i think now the level is mostly ugprade it also

Normal ---> Hard
    Easy ---> Normal
    Very Easy ----> Easy
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 06, 2015 at 01:55 PM.

Looking at it I think the reason it gets to such a high number is allies affect on it. I have like 6 allies so when I go to war with anyone they get the -30 for war with me then an additional -180 for my allies. Add on top military action and such and it quickly gets out of hand. Cutting it down to -15 might work if it affects both the war with you and allies. Can see it in my screenshot to some degree, tons of negatives building out of control.

When I mean peace I meant with specific factions, I'm always at constant war usually but I like to make peace with specific factions. Like I tend to try and keep my wars going in some areas while making peace with other areas so I get a breather. Say I'm at war with the Sassanids I'll try to make peace with the Jutes so I can use more of my armies against the Sassanids. It's pretty rare for me to be at peace with everyone

I think the problem is great power to high up to + 200 , i will try reduce its value and look again the result

Okay here the new diplomacy value :

Before (using V 2.7)

Notice the 188 ---> 434

After (Using V.2.8 Beta)

Notice the -149--->260

I will upload the Beta V 2.8, so you guys can compare, since its Beta, its only have full normal version , if you think there are something that you think should change on diplomacy on Beta V 2.8 just say it. Should we lower it again cutting on 1/4 or 1/2 or 1/3 or that it, etc,etc

This is beta only, any recent change prior actual real 2.8 Version depend on your feedback also

To download the 2.8 Beta Version check on the main page
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 06, 2015 at 02:56 PM.

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.7 (Fix) & V 2.8 (Beta) Edition, ATTILA V 1.1.0

Is there a way to force the Nomads to make raise more forces? It seems that even if I give them tons of $$$ they cant use it like all the other factions, I even lowered the population requirement to raise a force for the nomads to 1 population. Other than that your AI mod seems to do well when I give them more $$$.
    Last edited by LordN00KE; March 06, 2015 at 11:43 PM.

Default Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.7 (Fix) & V 2.8 (Beta) Edition, ATTILA V 1.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by LordN00KE View Post
    Is there a way to force the Nomads to make raise more forces? It seems that even if I give them tons of $$$ they cant use it like all the other factions, I even lowered the population requirement to raise a force for the nomads to 1 population. Other than that your AI mod seems to do well when I give them more $$$.
    Yep, just use Normal and Easy Edition ,AI able to recruit max 57 stacks (represent with general). Very Easy and Human Edition use Vanilla default setting for max army.
    Actualy you dont need to give AI money again considering they have enough. To much and its will ruin the gameplay.

More money more stack able to create by AI, but can you handle if it to much, you can looking the picture below, notice 2 roman vs 4 stack (2 stack belong to different faction). They cover their lack of power by join effort with ally. And that only turn 10

the normal AI factions might be able to recruit 57 stacks, but what about the huns and the other migratory tribes? It takes 8 population to recruit another stack for them. I lowered it to 1 but it doesn't seem to make them recruit more stacks. I was just wondering if you can come up with a solution

also it feels weird reading bahasa indo on the net. Been out of indonesia for so long lol

Will look the probelem and see can i come up with solution. Well i write Indo if people post using Indo as well.

in campaign_variables table you will find horde_host_spawn_development_point_cost_base 8 this controls the base population requirement for raising a new stack for the horde factions(huns, visigoth etc). Still this doesn't seem to make the horde AI raise more stacks. Your mod and my own tweaks made the horde seem insignificant at the moment. I even removed the penalties they get when they're multiple stacks in a region.

almas1985's Avatar Foederatus

hello
    i want Hun attack Sassanid Epire when i play as Sassanid. it is historical.
    is there a way ?
    thank you for the great mod

Icon14 Re: Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 2.7 (Fix) & V 2.8 (Beta) Edition, ATTILA V 1.1.0

I'm playing as the WRE on hard with the 2.7 "very easy and human fix" edition and watching with growing annoyance as the Huns simply refuse to do anything other than loot. For years, they hung around my strongly garrisoned town of Aquileia doing nothing but looting. After I installed this mod, they finally assaulted it with three stacks. I barely managed to beat them off. And I'm thinking, "Ok, this mod has finally 'woken-up' the Huns." Wrong! That was the ONLY assault the Huns ever made against one of my towns. I've played 20+ turns or more since the Huns have done nothing except move into the Alps. Initially, I thought there were heading towards Gaul, but then they stopped. They never assaulted Lugdunum or Vesontio. Instead, they just sit in the Alps, looting, and taking winter attrition hits.

The Huns have a very powerful army. Five or six stacks are now in the Alps. Each stack has at least two heavy onager units, but they seem terrified of any garrisoned or walled town.

There is something going on with how the CAI handles the Huns. After turn after turn of watching the Huns do nothing, I uninstalled this mod and to see how the vanilla CAI handled them. With the vanilla CAI, the Huns immediately requested that I pay for a peace treaty. (Several other longstanding enemies also requested peace with the vanilla CAI.) So, I agreed to peace. The Huns then immediately went on a tear against the Alamans! This was odd because it was in the Alaman lands that bordered my provinces that Huns had been sitting and looting all those turns despite also being at war with the Alamans. Yet, they never assaulted any Alaman towns while they were at war with me. But as soon as there was peace between us, the Huns lost their fear of walled towns and proceeded to destroy the Alamans. It's odd.

It's also boring. I'm 150 turns into the campaign and it appears that I'm so strong as the WRE that the AI won't even think of attacking me even with this mod installed.

Hmm, the question is Sir MKeogh , did the Hun still use composition with large army using horse, very less infantry composition ?

If Yes, then you need restart the game again, why ? because the more army composed with infantry the more eager AI to play siege with you.And to do so, its required AI to recruit more infantry from early point , because AI never disband his old army, unless his old stack get destroyed, and they start recruiting again. While V 2.7 and 2.8 beta already have this kind of feature. Its also still based on theory, supported with this

1.Hun and other Horde Faction share similiar task sytem for AI, so if the other AI do well, why only Hun became strange like this, the only our cue
    a) Its problem of to much horse and less foot unit, cause siege bug
    b) Its ing problem from AI code itself, unless update fix this, no one can help it

I'm playing as the WRE on hard with the 2.7 "very easy and human fix" edition and watching with growing annoyance as the Huns simply refuse to do anything other than loot. For years, they hung around my strongly garrisoned town of Aquileia doing nothing but looting. After I installed this mod, they finally assaulted it with three stacks. I barely managed to beat them off. And I'm thinking, "Ok, this mod has finally 'woken-up' the Huns." Wrong! That was the ONLY assault the Huns ever made against one of my towns. I've played 20+ turns or more since the Huns have done nothing except move into the Alps. Initially, I thought there were heading towards Gaul, but then they stopped. They never assaulted Lugdunum or Vesontio. Instead, they just sit in the Alps, looting, and taking winter attrition hits.
    From what you wrote, i can assume you using old Vanilla save game and put the mod and continue the game. Yes and finally Hun AI do miracle job by actualy siege you, which confirm the new task system for horde faction i create, worked, but after 1 turn the bug hit again, disable all task to siege that has been told to AI.

It's also boring. I'm 150 turns into the campaign and it appears that I'm so strong as the WRE that the AI won't even think of attacking me even with this mod installed.

This picture taken on turn 10 V.2.7 , i dont know what version i use, Now my friend, just humour me, start again new game using WRE just play not 10 not 5 but 3 turn, try Vanilla or Easy Edition, Very Easy also welcome. If under 3 turn there is no AI Faction on this mod siege your city. I will delete this Mod thread along the contain.
    Try just use Better AI mod + vanilla ,in case some mod things up.

Just play 3 turn and write your report again.

Now If Hun actually have army composition like this which i assured he will do it if you start "new game" using 2.7 or 2.8, there are bigger chance the Hun AI will work his job. But if they dont, then somebody please be kind to report this problem for Creative Assembly to fix. And please remember 2.7 have to much minus value on diplomacy, while the beta 2.8 itself just example about the level minus diplomacy i able to reduce.And its was "Beta" status.

Remember this is the mod not C.A offical Update, i try my best. But there is limit on knowledge between me and CA Team AI Dev.Hope its can help
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 07, 2015 at 10:07 AM.

Yes, I agree that there is probably an issue as to the Huns being coded by CA to have cavalry heavy armies that is making them hesitant tackling garrisoned or walled towns, but that doesn't explain the odd behavior of their making peace with me and then immediately assaulting the walled towns of the Alamans with the same cavalry heavy armies that have shied away from my borders which I witnessed upon using the vanilla CAI.

There are days when I really miss the old Risk-style maps of the original Shogun and Medieval. The CAI in those games wasn't required to do much except spam armies and move massive stacks into adjacent provinces which triggered immediate field battles. CA's campaign AI's have badly struggled with their games ever since Rome1. The more complex they make the campaign map, the less capable their CAI gets.

I think what you need is fresh game with ,V.2.7 or V2.8 Beta, i already address the issue to force Hun actually recruit more infantry units. Remember some mods may change the actual CAI behaviour from this mod, lets take a look some case where guys also complain the same things like you complain

Quote Originally Posted by ithrian View Post
    Looks like an absolute awesome mod. I allready see the AI colonize more and conquer more, but unfortanly not against me . I switched to the normal (used the easy one before) so the AI would get more armies, but still they seem to avoid my towns...i even tried to leave one town open for grab without garrison, and in 4 turns the 2 neighbour nations (who i was in war with) didn't go for it, nor have i seen a massive increase in enemy armies. It's been confirmed in this thread that the mod is save game compatitable, am i just inpancient and have to wait 10-15 turns? or should they have been all over me by now?
    Forgot to mention, im running Radious mod together with yours as that's the only mod i have that have some campagin changes. But i have yours loading first, and theres no conflicts between those 2 mods in mod manager.
    Well i started a new one, and the enemy has much more troops indeed. But they still hardly ever attack me
    You always takes your time to reply in a very informativ manner, cheers mate. Yes your mod loads first. I play the Geats on hard, i conquered whole scandianavia and the angles. My territory is next to the franks whos rank 4 on strength and im in war with. They have like 4 armies to the sea just outside scandinavia and have stayed there for about 5 turns. They have never crossed my border on land. I have only garrisoned 2 towns as thats all that i can afford as defence while im battling it out in Britannia, still nothing. For fun, since i love town battles and defending my towns with underdog armies i declared war on the burgundians, longobards, saxons and the factions close to my lands. Zero attack against my towns. Im on 50th turn or something. It seems like all i do is complain :p, but thats not the case..ive allready seen some great changes on the CAI and i would't play without this mod for a second. I just wonder if im doing something wrong here? I am gettin pretty powerful, but that was what v2.5 would deal with right? Anyways, keep up the amazing job and much better than Creative are doin on the CAI.
    Quote Originally Posted by lamenam View Post
    ummm currently enemy are avoiding me. Maybe because im Huns and on the Desolate land mostly with 2 full stacks each. Im already 100 turns with 12tpy mod(and many including radious).
    http://www.speedyshare.com/pW86e/auto-save.save - Thats my savefile. Im gonna start a new campagin now with Radious OFF and see if they get more aggressive . I have a lots of other mods running, but theyre just homemade, mostly variantmesh and other unit / flagh / and faction name changes.
    After started a new campagin, i can conclude that radious s up your mod. Without it the AI now seems hungry for my lands ! I could't understand this as i found no conflicts in the 2 mods, but guess the problem was as you say, AI calculating hes move towards autoresult. Radious -> DELETED, let the horror begin . Thank you mate!
    Now remember i dont say using XXX mods bad, its just not everything mix up always turn out to be good, sometimes its only worsen it .

I haven't actually tried the latest version however I have noticed with the vanilla AI , there is far too much razing and it is very rare for land to ever be resettled...I've noticed that this mostly happens in areas with a low fertility. I know it sounds drastic but if this still happens in your mod (I haven't tested it for long enough so I am unsure) perhaps experiment with changing the fertility levels or even outright disable it for testing purposes?

Hmm i already try reduce the razing behaviour on the latest version, so i dont think i need to experiment with changing the fertility levels. Unless even with latest version AI razing is equal with Vanilla AI then i will try experiment, so far people using version 2.7 complain only one things , that to much - value on diplomacy, which i try to fix using Beta 2.8 , reduced to half.

Also Hun less stack issue, which i quite understand because Hun military structure is quite different, considering each stack represent city, which require couple amount of population before they can recruit another general and another city. Compare with other AI that can recruit as long they have money.