Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 396479808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1868

Thread: Download Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 4.2 Official Release

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Download Better Aggresive CAI for Attila V 4.1 Official Release

As always, thank you for your time and effort. The assistance I have received so far has been nothing short of wonderful
    No problem just follow this simple step, you should done in no time
    1.open bacai file, look on effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables
    2.click it , you will see effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_RGM, click it again
    3.you will see many list, now just focus on effect key, look on att_effect_character_loyalty_mod_fame
    4.If you done it, you will notice there is also many table that have att_effect_character_loyalty_mod_fame, just on different political bundle level, change it to any positive value (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,...,99,etc) whatever you like as long its positive value, negative will work as decrease
    5.Edit , save it , that it you good to go ^^

Enjoy the tweaking experience
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

jookoo's Avatar Foederatus

Hi there. Recently updated BACAI to take up arms in the "Make war not love" contest
    I noticed that you disabled fleets, but I was under the impression this was for AoC ONLY. I don't own AoC and started a normal grand campaign and did not instal the fleet enabled version. Is it intentional to disable fleets in grand campaign? (I first thought it was because I was on the first level of imprium but at the second rank it's still only 0/0 fleets avaible.

If it was intentional does this naval bug affect the normal grand campaign as well? It's a bit of a bummer to play with a large portion of the gameplay (well not really large, don't use fleets much, but a world without it just seems strange). Anyhow.. Is it safe/possible to neable the fleet version after I've already started a campaign?

Or perhaps I'm just making a total arse of myself and the fleets comes avaible after imperium level 3 or something (I'm playing with the desert kingdoms factions). Thanks for any help!

The navy bug affected for all campaign, i pretty sure this problem, was not fix yet by latest patch from C.A (unless i am wrong, since its have been long time since i dont play Atilla)

I never wanted to disable the fleet , unless its was necessary in my opinion, the things is with navy is the calculation was on the wrong way, for example 1 full stack navy can prevent the whole invasion of 5 even 10 stack land army that floating in the sea (something that realy beyond repairable)

However by disabling fleet there is another setback, you see usually AI can and will explore the world using real navy, by disabling the navy however its also prevent AI to explore the land , making certain invasion may come slower, unless player or certain parties do take initiative.

You can enable fleet anytime you like by using "Navy_enabled.pack" inside navy enabled folder, just load it above BACAI , however remember this, once you enabled it, the AI will recruit Admiral as soon you hit the next turn, even when you disabled "navy enabled", the AI still have current Admiral, you can wait till the captain die or you manually destroy it.

I try to improve the campaign gameplay, however seem new patch only make things worse >,<

Recently updated BACAI to take up arms in the "Make war not love" contest
    Well its name was Atilla Total War right ???, how can player have a total war experience , if half the world, choice to world peace and trade flourish among nation :XD

People can use john lennon song "Imagine" as credit list songtrack

"Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; February 17, 2016 at 08:24 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Oh.. So this bug arrived with a recent patch (haven't played in a while).. I'll take my chances though, just feels too strange without anyone sailing the seas
    Thanks for your great work and hey, maybe you should fire up a game of attila again and help with the contest. It's very even In case you didn't know all owners of attila get the coming slavic dlc for free if we win http://www.makewarnotlove.com/results.php

Civis

I'm new to Attila: Total War and wanted to try out an overhaul mod. I had read some about this one and the Radious one. But I decided to try this one out first. Could anyone who has played both mods give some info about the differences between Better Campaign AI and Radious? Are the differences huge or not so huge? Does this mod have 4 moves each year and most importantly: when using a mod manager where in the order should this mod be? Should it load before or after the smaller mods?

I've decided to play my first Attila game as the Visigoths and hope that it won't be too hard facing a more aggressive AI that wants to defend its cities on my way to build myself the medieval Aragon Kingdom positions, Calabria/Sicily (The Visigoth Blood Boars camp) and later on southeast Spain (The Visigoth Doom camp).
    Last edited by Pethom; February 25, 2016 at 07:37 AM.

BACAI is less an overhaul mod and more a...gameplay mod? Radious changes units and a whole bunch of other stuff. In this respect, it's similar to the Fall of the Eagles mod. The differences between Radious and FOTE usually come down to some variation of "arcade-style battles and campaign that make it fast-paced" vs "much more historical and slower (in terms of progress, not game speed)," and it's up to the player to decided what they'd like. BACAI makes it so that the AI--never a strong point of TW games--is a little less stupid and more challenging. Also, BACAI actually has different versions for Radious and FOTE that are designed to better work with each of their play styles. Make sure you choose the correct top-level version for the overhaul mod you're playing.

FWIW, I played an Ostrogoth game that kind of mirrored your Visigoth plans, and it was challenging, but not impossible. I wanted to wait until (1) I could build enough hordes that I could take over 6+ cities at once, and (2) let the Romans build Tier III and IV buildings (the Ostrogoths have a unique trait that allows them to recruit from Roman military buildings). Generally speaking, if you're planning on settling, you should be aiming at building a huge treasury, somewhere around $75k-$100k, because once you settle you lose all the income from your hordes while still paying for the armies, and you probably have a ton of buildings that you have to convert.

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

Hello, its working with new patch 1.6.0?
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Methoz View Post
    Hello, its working with new patch 1.6.0?
    Also wondering if the new patch has any effect on BACAI considering the patch made CAI changes. I'm playing on a campaign I started with 4.1 and I haven't noticed any issues but it's harder to notice if a mod like this is working correctly compared to let's say a new unit mod

Just tried to start up a campagin as mercia in AoC. game crashes when setting up the campagin. Mod doesnt seem to work in aoc anymore.

I am having the same problem as Clee23

Mod will be updated shortly , stay tune everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Mod will be updated shortly , stay tune everyone
    Thank you!

This mod changes faction traits. However all the Viking factions have Immunity to winter, high-sea attrition and sea-sickness. But Geats and Jutes have additional faction tratis besides these, the Danes do not. As such the Geats and Jutes are surperior to the Danes.

Will update it again, right now i been trying update the mod , 4.2 vs 4.1 will have very different playstyle, lots of new feature as well.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

You can add a faction trait for Danes that will reduce the recruit cost of navies for example, like I did, just an opinion

No its even better sharp, i just combine danes AOC trait into navy stance, you know docked stance right ? Once ai or player docked their unit , after next turn its will get huge movement bonus, its will effect either land unit or navy unit as long its docked for 1 turn in your own port. However its will not worked if you put land unit inside navy unit even both of it was on docked stance, i still investigate it, however this new docked port mechanic, will availabe in next beta version 4.2.C .

Here the New Mechanic preview :

If you docked your army (land or sea), you will get certain amount of movement bonus, notice the 200 %, yep that it ( still trying to find the right balance)

After you wait for 1 turn, boom massive movement bonus, Denmark to London can be sailed right away , notice how far you can reach

Remember this bonus movement will not last forever, when your ship is floating in open sea / not in docked stance you will lose the movement bonus.

The logic behind this : As you know when ship docked in any port the crew, can rest, get laid, eat, drink, gambling , all the fun stuff , so their morale and stamina reach the highest peak, however if the ship stay on open sea, the only stuff the crew can see was infinite salt water, so morale and stamina will drop to normal.

The benefit :
    - AI and Player can utilize hit and run tactic, raiding far away land , tested AI realy docked his navy unit meaning there is another poor victim on the next turn
    - Since its was hidden mechanic trait, its dont mess up with original movement , so its was separated, you dont want every land unit able to craw with that crazy distance every time right
    - Its realy boost and enchance Navy Invasion feature actually.

The problem :
    -Player will get abused by AI very badly,especially if you own port city, just imagine easy sea movement + huge stack navy unit lining behind your port all,ready to sack and plunder your city riches, and its will happens a lot >,<

The idea itself emerged after i talk with my friend weirdoacensor, since he talk that actually danes- london can be achieved only 2 month only, while 2 month itself = 1 turn in the current game, this is why danes is very powerfull since they can raid far away land in very short time and bring back the booty back home.
    I realy want to realize this insane dream, however i also dont want to increase movement at all, since we know increase campaign movement, will affect both land and sea unit as well, so its will ruin. If i put on double stance navy, its will be not usefull at all, since in double stance we cant attack, while raiding and patrol dont have any current logic that can support the idea.

The only possible way is using docked stance, add little this , mix little that, voila new mechanic is born ( a very simple and yet powerfull mechanic), no other mod as far as i know have it, including Radious Mod as well, i also plan to put this update on Rome 2 BACAI

Docked stance mechanic will replace the loss of double stance feature which is now currently dont used anymore. Actually this mechanic is more deadly then double stance, if player know how to use it right.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; March 11, 2016 at 11:49 AM.

Very awesome! you are the true High King! can't wait to create a new vikings campaign with this mechanic!

FYI, i already check danes trait, and yeah seem its was missing something, so i decide to give 25 % movement bonus for danes faction, its should fit the description well,while the new mechanic you see above will work for every faction and for every campaign as long you are in docked stance.

The reason i used viking as fine example regarding how far you can reach using new stance, i will use denmark-london reach under 1 turn as standart for how far movement both ai and human can gain . While most people will think this is quite op and insane, they should read this first

https://www.quora.com/How-long-was-t...-days-or-weeks

The stance will work for both land and naval unit, however its will not work if you put it together (land inside sea unit), theorically, you can move your army from port to port, virtually both ai and player should capable to guard their sea border, however if the ship not reach nearby dock, the movement bonus will turn normal as usual

this is quite op and insane, they should read this first
    not really op but a little unbalanced.....Campaign movement in TW was always unrealistic(to jump from one city to another is already really strange in the last TW Games )^^

if you implement this can you share how to disable this feature?
    Last edited by Teil; March 12, 2016 at 07:33 AM.

Is there any ETA on the next release? because right now im playing with the better A.I mod from steam workshop, and that is terrible