Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Sassanid units reskin (request)

Default Re: Sassanid units reskin (request)

Quote Originally Posted by Iulian Bashir View Post
    Speculation yields no evidence.

If you insist that they have helmet with winged decorations, then you must at least have literature evidence that could confirm your claim!
    No i don't. There are already images and coins which show some kind of wings and there also also enough symbolic in Persian art that shows winged creatures. So there is obviously a connection with wings. What i did was explaining why there would be probably no helmet find which has them. It is the same with this for us strange looking crowns/turban like headgear. We haven't a surviving piece of it and we aren't even sure about the material they are based of but we are very sure that they existed.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

I don't think there would be any wing decorations for those helmet (for household warrior) unless there's any literature evidence or rock carvings about household warrior with helmets with wings or else the wing decorations should be considered as special decorations for the supreme ruler of Iransahr.

You seems to endorsed the idea of helmets with wings worn by these household warrior without any questions as if these was right and there is nothing wrong about it, have you ever question those people if they have any literature documents that describe such headgear ever appeared? You and Gaiiten should ask again those who have started such claims where's their evidence? are they fictitious? If they exist at least provide us a source of evidence instead of empty words!

Look if you agree with those "experts" blindly then i can't stop you but i urge you at least be a little bit curious, do not accept any information blindly.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Davout View Post

@Bashir

Do not turn this into a history thread. If you want, please contribute your information, I can understand what you mean but I'd rather YOU PUT some information here.
    Look if you want to do a serious reskin then you will need history to be the pillar of the reskin operation, i rather you guys just do more research and spent more time on it before releasing some reskin mod hastily. I have seen many mod about the Sassanian army, but almost everyone of them failed to meet a minimum requirement of historical accuracy. As a fan of Sassanian military i urged you and your friends spent more time on research and build a better mod pack!

I humbly request some1 to make me a reskin with turbans. I wish to see more of those on the sassanids.
    Last edited by Scythion; March 08, 2015 at 10:44 AM.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Look if you want to do a serious reskin then you will need history to be the pillar of the reskin operation, i rather you guys just do more research and spent more time on it before releasing some reskin mod hastily. I have seen many mod about the Sassanian army, but almost everyone of them failed to meet a minimum requirement of historical accuracy. As a fan of Sassanian military i urged you and your friends spent more time on research and build a better mod pack!
    Ok Lulian.

But as again, you should give your information as well. I found this stuff on google to help Rob. Now he's busy so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

And what by your definition is an accuracte Sassaind army?

Wings are for the the sovereign ruler of Iransahr and i could proved that, here's an article:

In mean time i will give you an extra article.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3257947.pdf   e-sasanika8-Compareti.pdf  

Here's some more examples:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I wonder if the later Sassanian kings's helmet do not have wings as decorations, then how his household warrior have these stuff?
    Last edited by Iulian Bashir; March 11, 2015 at 12:08 AM.

Here's some crown:

These are the early Sassanian rulers, it seems their crown didn't have wings as decorations. If they didn't have wings as the decorations, how could a household bodyguard use these decorations?

Here's some later crowns:

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi Lulian

Sorry for my late reply.

I'll be doing some research on the Sassainds myself soon, and I will work with you on it if you want.

I'll also be checking out many sources as well.

Early Sassanian crowns show no sign of wings as decorations which means it is impossible for princes and the king's household guardsmen or warrior to use it.

The wings are the symbol of kingship which means it was meant to grant the head of the state authority over the subject of the realm, later Umayyad Caliphate realized its importance of the wings as the symbol of kingship in Iransahr and they mint coins as a reminder to the Persian subjects that the Umayyad's authority continues to practice Sassanian bureaucracy and some of its traditions in some extent.
    Last edited by Iulian Bashir; March 14, 2015 at 09:21 PM.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

[QUOTE=Iulian Bashir;14421096]Early Sassanian crowns show no sign of wings as decorations which means it is impossible for princes and the king's household guardsmen or warrior to use it.

*sigh*
    Bahram II (r. 274–293):
    http://www.cngcoins.com/photos/big/1890063.jpg

The wings are the symbol of kingship which means it was meant to grant the head of the state authority over the subject of the realm, later Umayyad Caliphate realized its importance of the wings as the symbol of kingship in Iransahr and they mint coins as a reminder to the Persian subjects that the Umayyad's authority continues to practice Sassanian bureaucracy and some of its traditions in some extent.
    If the wings were the symbol of kingship, why did only some of the monarchs use it?

The wings can rather be connected to Ahura Mazda, representing him as God the Father (in Zoroastrian icongraphy). And therefore the connection of the bearer to Him.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Quick question about the auxiliaries of the Sassanids: are there enough skins in the game right now to create a new Dailamite and/or Gilani faction?

[QUOTE=Gäiten;14423279]
    Early Sassanian crowns show no sign of wings as decorations which means it is impossible for princes and the king's household guardsmen or warrior to use it.

*sigh*
    Bahram II (r. 274–293):

If the wings were the symbol of kingship, why did only some of the monarchs use it?

The wings can rather be connected to Ahura Mazda, representing him as God the Father (in Zoroastrian icongraphy). And therefore the connection of the bearer to Him.
    At some point, the reign of Peroz, they started to rewrite history, something that happends in any religion at some point. Before that the Parthian dynasty of the Karens claimed ancestry for a man named Kavad, who in the age of demons slayed the demon king and brought a new age of light to the world. After him came the Kayanids a mythical dynasty which ruled the world. Peroz took over this mythology. Entire placed were interpreted in this ideology like Persesoplis and the huge columns etc. With it came quite a number of changes in imperial ideology but also relating the government itself, especially after the death of Peroz and the annihilation of his entire army.

I wouldn't be surprised if the wings started to be used at this point.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Suebi's Avatar Foederatus

Hello guys

whether can you making sassanid Bahram red helmet and add hair like that below image?

Quote Originally Posted by Suebi View Post
    Hello guys

whether can you making sassanid Bahram red helmet and add hair like that below image?

Hi, I added similar hair to Bahram in last week. I will release 'Leaders Mod' in this week.

[QUOTE=Gäiten;14423279]

*sigh*
    Bahram II (r. 274–293):

Then i have ask you why some of the early rulers of Iransahr DID NOT use these wings as decorations?

Then i like to ask you why only the supreme ruler warrior of Iransahr use wings as decorations on their helmet and why them? Did the person fabricate such information have any insidious agenda?

So, you admit that it was available only to the supreme ruler of Iransahr then why are you insist that household warrior of the supreme ruler of Iransahr use these decorations?

I got an answer for you, it is because you cannot accept the fact that household warrior helmet with wings was a fabrication of a certain charlatan than a fact! You cling on these so called truth but yet refuse to do any research to confirm whether or not helmet with wings did exist in the Sassanian armory, instead you allow some garbage information to fill your brain with falsehood! I am very disappointed when you insist there's helmet with wings used by Sassanian household warriors while you cannot provide me a reliable source of information!

For a moment i believe on you and i thought you could persuade me with your knowledge but unfortunately you are no better than a certain bad scholar!
    Last edited by Iulian Bashir; April 06, 2015 at 09:54 PM.

[QUOTE=Marcus Aemilius Lepidus;14432026]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post

At some point, the reign of Peroz, they started to rewrite history, something that happends in any religion at some point. Before that the Parthian dynasty of the Karens claimed ancestry for a man named Kavad, who in the age of demons slayed the demon king and brought a new age of light to the world. After him came the Kayanids a mythical dynasty which ruled the world. Peroz took over this mythology. Entire placed were interpreted in this ideology like Persesoplis and the huge columns etc. With it came quite a number of changes in imperial ideology but also relating the government itself, especially after the death of Peroz and the annihilation of his entire army.

I wouldn't be surprised if the wings started to be used at this point.
    You proved yourself as a competent researcher, and i salute you comrade.

Suebi's Avatar Foederatus

Hi KLAssurbanipal

I Wanted to ask you if completed leaders Mod

Hey guys.
    I made unit card for Robtim92 Imperial Guard unit.
    This is my first step in modding, but i hope You like it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qx...ial_Guard.pack

Just replace old "Sassanid_Imperial_Guard.pack" file with new one.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011