Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Eagles Features and Overview

Default Re: [WIP] Fall of the Eagles

Yes the Gatling gun towers are rather annoying

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

In Roman fortifications, each window had a Scorpio in it, and nobody I know has never been able to get off more than 4 rounds a minute from a Scorpio.

A Polybolos could do 11 rounds a minute, but they fell out of use almost as soon as they were invented, in the 3rd-2nd century BC.

I hope the team would avoid making all the Limitanei units being upgradable to Comitatenses, and increase the number of armies per imperium in order to allow the player to play with the actual late Roman army and its command structure. As of now, you can't even recruit Comitatenses units in Rome, the same applies to the Palatine units.

You might be able to upgrade Limitanei units into pseudo-Comitatenses units, but it would add more fun if there is some sort of regional difference between a field army based in the interior and frontier units. As of now, we get this weird army structure whereby you recruit individual legions starting from limitanei units and having to upgrade them into Comitatenses units via research.

It completely defeats the point of having Limitanei units.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Yea, we aren't exactly fans of the strange upgrade stuff going on in Attila, so we are definitely looking into ways to improve it.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...acement-System

There is this mod that is being worked on right now. The upgrade system they have now seems like a lazy way to represent reforms. Plus I imagine having to fight all elite troops with the bonus stacks the ai gets is more than annoying. Hope you guys work on unit caps also

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

My idea is that for the Romans it wont be easy to recruit new units, but instead if you want new units you will have often have
    too take Limitanei and uppgraderar them to psuedocomitanses.

Only thing that annoys me a bit, is the look of the roman units. Maybe... you could upload your current roman legio reskins and I would be more than happy.

Well, you guys will make me buy the game eventually....

Hi Dresden,

Just want to chime in and say that your work (DeI and prior) for Rome 2 was nothing short of phenomenal.

Do you have any plans to do a Traits mod as was done for Rome 2? I'm assuming if so, it would also be part of this project, so I figured I'd ask here. I think that was by far one of the best additions for Rome 2.

I also can't wait for the combat balances. Ranged is just stupid right now and combat movement speed is way too fast. I've been spoiled by DeI for a bit too long LOL.
    We have faith in you, 'Gunny. Combat definitely can't get much worse than vanilla battles..

I like that you're aiming keep to scale of the project limited - at least for now. I'd much rather have a mod that improves the gameplay (enough to be playable) and deals with the most immersion breaking aspects now than a complete historical conversion project full of placeholders because it's so ambitious that it'll take a long, long time to be finished.

Raied's Avatar Tiro

I dont have Attila yet, waiting for a mod similar to DEI for Attila, I guess this mod will be a reason for me to buy Attila, keep it up.

Crappy's Avatar Civis

Looking forward to an initial beta release! DeI is my favorite mod, and even if it's just battle mechanics, it will help me enjoy Attilla a lot more!

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

So after hours of deleting, copy pasting and other nonsense, I've finally eliminated the vanilla upgrade system. Here's what your recruitment options look like as the Franks with tier one research complete:

There's more but it it didn't show up all at once.

Civis

Awesome!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Very promising mod.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    So after hours of deleting, copy pasting and other nonsense, I've finally eliminated the vanilla upgrade system. Here's what your recruitment options look like as the Franks with tier one research complete:

There's more but it it didn't show up all at once.
    Can they still be upgraded using the same system, or was that also removed? I kind of liked this feature.

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

As of now it's been completely removed. It will most likely end up staying that way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

IMO, it could actually be useful for the Barbarians, where after a certain time they can recruit "Romanized" units that are more standardized in appearance, have armor, and better discipline/morale.

I probably won't be buying Attila till a year after release, as I couldn't bear to have to play vanilla TW anymore, and I'm guessing by that time this mod will be in excellent state. For now I'll keep enjoying DeI, despite the unavoidable itch of not having a family tree...

If ever I'll buy a new Total War game, it will be because of mods made by this team. So keep up the good work, and thank you