Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Eagles Features and Overview

Default Fall of the Eagles Features and Overview

Fall of the Eagles for Total War: Attila

Mod Download
    Download Page

Mod Overview

- The Mod Team for Constantine: Rise of Christianity would like to announce our plans for Attila. Our first project will be Fall of the Eagles, a mod for the base Attila time frame.
    - The main goals of the mod are twofold:

• Historically accurate units for the Attila period with fully fleshed out rosters for the various factions.
    • Realistic, strategic, historically authentic battles.

- We plan on using assets developed for Constantine for the various Attila units. Either in improving the existing vanilla units or in creating new units, the plan is to bring the historical authenticity found in our current models and textures into the new game.
    - The goal of the battle system will be to improve on the existing vanilla formula by adding realism to the morale, fatigue and projectile systems while increasing battle time if necessary.
    - This mod is NOT DeI for Attila in any way. The scale of the project will be nothing like DeI or really even Constantine (since the campaign scenario will remain roughly like vanilla). The focus of this mod is to improve battles and unit models/textures.

Current Version's Features
    - Sassanid, Desert, German, Hun, White Hun and Roman reskins and new models based on historical sources.
    - Sassanid, Desert, Roman, Hun, White Hun and German recruitment system overhauled.
    - Updated/upgraded garrison system
    - More realistic, historical battles.
    - Seasons modded to have more of an impact.
    - Various smaller campaign tweaks and changes.
    - Now compatible with the Europa Perdita campaign overhaul!

Mod Team
    Units and Textures:
    Ahiga, Maximus183, Avetis, Don_Diego, Hadrien Ier, CJiaba
    Battles: 'Gunny
    Campaign Team/General Edits: Dresden, Cgma
    Models: zkajo
    UI: char, Verzione
    Testing: Friar Chris

Credits
    Massive thanks to Cgma who has joined and redone the mod for our new update
    Thanks to Mr. Jox and Caligula for their long bow animation fix.
    Thanks to Swiss for his custom battle fix.
    Thanks to McNaughton for the Roman icons!
    Europa Perdita for use of their faction emblems/colors.
    Razor (Fall of Rome developer)
    Imperator of Rome (Various Swords/Spears)
    Counterpoint (Deir el Medina helmet)
    Narf (mail and lamellar patterns)
    Kuauik (Texturing mentorship)
    Dejawolf (Spears, helmets)
    Song of Taleisn (helmets)
    masterofseppuku for use of his Copy Units mod.
    KAM 2150 for parts of the Faster Battle submod.

Previews: Preview Thread
    Last edited by Dresden; March 08, 2019 at 01:47 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [WIP] Fall of the Eagles

I am signed up!
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Decanus

w00t

Hey D, looking forward to seeing how this comes along (as you know I loved Constantine).

One question I have for you is, I thought that the Romans had shield uniformity during the time period? I know that different legions had different patterns (this could be achieved via AoR recruiting) but I wasn't aware that soldiers within the same cohorts had a mix match of shield designs and equipment.

I remember that in Constantine there was shield uniformity (on a unit basis anyway) which seemed to match the time period. That being said, perhaps you guys could just make very slight difference in the shields for men in the same unit - some shields being more battered, others slightly off colour etc) just for the sake of variety and realism.

I'll be watching this mod with great interest, since I know how great Constantine is
    Last edited by Cope; February 18, 2015 at 09:50 PM.

Will you also unite the rosters of WRE and ERE so that they can both recruit the same units if they have the right location?

Good news

I hope to see a release soon.

Can't wait for this. Been a fan of DeI since the beginning and you always do top quality work Dresden

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    Hey D, looking forward to seeing how this comes along (as you know I loved Constantine).

One question I have for you is, I thought that the Romans had shield uniformity during the time period? I know that different legions had different patterns (this could be achieved via AoR recruiting) but I wasn't aware that soldiers within the same cohorts had a mix match of shield designs and equipment.
    I will have to forward this question to Ahiga, but the previews are really early versions of seeing what assets from Constantine work in Attila.

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    Will you also unite the rosters of WRE and ERE so that they can both recruit the same units if they have the right location?
    The rosters are in no way determined yet, but our early plans are to use vanilla units and add only when necessary. We hope to make this mod compatible with other mods as mainly a battle/unit overhaul for now. This will not be on the scale of a DeI overhaul, but more an improvement of specific areas of the vanilla game (battles/textures).

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Sweet Dresden! So this mod focuses on the time period vanilla Attila is set in right? And I agree that the unit rosters are don't need too much work on them just balancing. I hate seeing a badass sword unit like Elite Palatina have less attack than a Nordic spear levy.

Civis

Great news! Your work is topnotch, Im glad this team is modding Attila as well! Cant wait to try out this one!!

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

I'm working on battles right now, trying not to screw anything up too badly

In the meantime, here is another picture from Maximus of the Geats wreaking havoc.

I now have the tingles. Thank you.

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    I'm working on battles right now, trying not to screw anything up too badly

In the meantime, here is another picture from Maximus of the Geats wreaking havoc.

What settlement was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post

I remember that in Constantine there was shield uniformity (on a unit basis anyway) which seemed to match the time period. That being said, perhaps you guys could just make very slight difference in the shields for men in the same unit - some shields being more battered, others slightly off colour etc) just for the sake of variety and realism.

I'll be watching this mod with great interest, since I know how great Constantine is

The Roman units were a proof of concept test to verify that my tunics ported over properly. We haven't begun to deal with shields - CA's patterns are fantastic though I want to remove the out of date narrow oval shield (they should be either the CA concave oval shield that is narrow, or my fat oval shield from Constantine). It's remarkable how effective the steppe tunic model is. It was how Constantine was able to jury rig short sleeved mail hauberks, and one of CA's cut versions of it in Attila works perfectly with their mail hauberks. Which has meant that I didn't have to redo the tunics. And after doing a tweak of CA's "Physical model" Roman belt I am able to port over my unarmored late roman tunics with the proper decorum.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

This is excellent news and I look forward to seeing the mod develop. If you need help with research at all I can help. I have most period sources in translation.

Miles

Why are the Saxons wielding Dane Axes? Thats an axe design that only started to get popular in rest of northwest Europe when the Danes started raiding and settling along Normandy and England in 10th - 11th century. Shouldn't they be using something more similar to the francisca axe blade in design?

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

Lovely to see Ahiga's textures will be carried over to the Attila engine, I'm very optimistic for this!

totalingend's Avatar Civis

Champions.This is the one to watch!

I never tried Constantine, but have been using DeI since it's early stage. I hope this turns into DeI's successor in the long run! Do you guys plan on bringing features such as PO penalties for armies in settlements (And stronger garrisons.)? It seems like it could work even better in Atilla with the new governor feature. Any plans to get KAM involved for some unit balancing or is somebody else taking care of it (I have no idea what was, if any, is relationship with Constantine.)?

In any case, I am excited to see you jump onto this project Dresden, you have more than earned my trust in your creative vision with DeI!
    Last edited by krunsh; February 19, 2015 at 04:02 AM.

Once more unto the breach, dear modders, once more....

Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast