Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Eagles Features and Overview

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Fall of the Eagles Features and Overview

Hi Dresden. I'm happy to give FOtE a go. Couldn't wait to finish my vanilla campaign to install this mod (I always play the vanilla before installing mods).

Until now, I really like the reskins and I find most of ther campaign features very balanced to offer a fun and realistic, believable, immersive experience. I have to play a few more battles to have an opinion but everything seem

to work flawlesly except some minor traits problem (which I believe are due to the vanilla) and a strange wife issue which I might have reported to the wrong thread :

I'm using FOtE with AoC (Danes campaign) and my faction leader's wife's picture is the one of a muslim guy :-(
    Last edited by Yerevan; January 30, 2016 at 08:47 PM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Quick question here. Playing The Last Roman right now and noticed that both the FotE units and vanilla units are available. Stat-wise the vanilla versions are better and cheaper, but are they working as intended or should I only use the FotE units when they are available?
    "I'm playing the damn bongos and the world can go to hell."
    - James Dean

• Realistic, strategic, historically authentic battles.

Sounds really good, but where can I find something more specific please (same for campaign enhancementes, if any) thks

Civis

I quite recently started to play Attila and although I have only had some trial moves I find it ludicrous that a province becomes totally abandoned when the city in it gets razed. It would be much better if the province still belonged to the former owner and just lost all the buildings, like in earlier TW games. I decided to try out FoTE, together with a few smaller ones, and hope you have addressed this issue and done something about it, or at least will do it if that's possible and you too find it ludicrous/wrong.

Master & Commander's Avatar Libertus

Hey y'all I just got Attila a little while ago and started using this mod. Coming over from VV in Rome II this mod is awsome and right up my alley. But I do have a few questions. Are y'all planning on updating all the major cultures rosters or just specific ones like the Romans, Germans, and Huns y'all have done already. The culture I am mainly wondering about are the Celts. And if your not planning on updating the Celts or any other group are the units stats going to be updated? And finally are y'all going to focus on all the rebel factions that can pop up like Gual, Britan, Hispaniola and the like or just kind of leave them be.

We eventually plan on overhauling all the rosters, it just takes awhile.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

I really wanna play AOC as the Eastern Romans (Sicily). Are you planning on adding the faction, or is there already a mod compatible with FotE that adds Sicily?

Master & Commander's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    We eventually plan on overhauling all the rosters, it just takes awhile.

Awesome, sounds good to me Dresden. Thanks for the mod and keep up the great work!

I have been wondering if you could give the roman exculcatores (at least the comitatenses and palatina versions) the role of heavy infantry without armor but still retaining their skirmish abilities, given that Late Roman Armies did have troops that would take down their armor to have more flexibility and stamina in the battlefield. This would mean to give them skills such as shieldwall, testudo and maybe a little increase to their attack and defense stats. Also it would be nice if along the way when hard working Ahiga had finished all the rosters you could add to WRE and ERE rosters foedarati units suchas the Alani Noble calvalry (they did play a huge role in the battle of chalons), huns archer calvalry, Francisca frankish axemen and so on.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Just tried FOTE, looks really cool. Really like the Franks in AoC DLC. I also particularly like the choices for the Roman unit roster. I understand that the Celts in the main campaign aren't done yet, so the ones we see are placeholders- but if the placeholders look so good (IMO) when done properly they will look amazing, can't wait!

I really like the Mod's philosophy of mixing equipment! In connection of this, can I suggest that you give mixed shields for the Roman units which aren't specific regiments: all the generic comitatenses, palatina, etc, units.

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    In connection of this, can I suggest that you give mixed shields for the Roman units which aren't specific regiments: all the generic comitatenses, palatina, etc, units.
    Given that they were likely used for identification purposes the symbols on the shields are probably better left as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by marcello View Post
    Given that they were likely used for identification purposes the symbols on the shields are probably better left as they are.
    You mean the modders did this in-game? It would make sense because the Roman units (especially the all armoured ones) are a bit difficult to differentiate.

If you mean historically, yes the men in specific regiments probably had more-or-less the same shield designs. So, for example, "Cornutii Seniores" would have the same designs but generic palatina spearmen could have mixed shield designs.

I really dont think having mixed shields in a standard comitasenses is a good idea, but maybe after the teams overhauled every faction they could for example make different comitasenses regiments as individual units?

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    You mean the modders did this in-game? It would make sense because the Roman units (especially the all armoured ones) are a bit difficult to differentiate.

If you mean historically, yes the men in specific regiments probably had more-or-less the same shield designs. So, for example, "Cornutii Seniores" would have the same designs but generic palatina spearmen could have mixed shield designs.
    In essence since they would not have been likely mixed in practice it is probably "better" not to mix them in the game even in a generic unit. Granted, there is no ideal solution as then you then end up with twenty comitatense (or what have you) legions sporting the same symbol which in real life was used by only one of them. Or a bunch of clone units which clog the recruitment screen.

Quote Originally Posted by marcello View Post
    In essence since they would not have been likely mixed in practice it is probably "better" not to mix them in the game even in a generic unit. Granted, there is no ideal solution as then you then end up with twenty comitatense (or what have you) legions sporting the same symbol which in real life was used by only one of them. Or a bunch of clone units which clog the recruitment screen.

As you and I write, there are reasons for having it either way. I believe that my opinion is the right one

lufc, if you want to see different Roman regiments (for ERE, WRE, and Roman Expedition DLC) check the Radious mod. If you don't know it, you won't believe your eyes.

Just tried the mod out, I like it a lot. Looking forward to the finished product. The one thing that I found a bit bizarre in my Alamanni game is that the military tree is largely useless. Germanics, Nordics, settled Migrators and Celts (I'm guessing Slavs too but I haven't played them) get very few benefits from it since you don't build military buildings or don't have to upgrade troops anymore. Any plans to rebalance tech for those factions?

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

Would it be possible to have, like in Radious mod, the range of missile units displayed on the unit cards?

Shouldnt be too hard to add that to the ui table

Protector's Avatar Senator

BTW
    Is it correct, that a ressource is not giving benefit to units anymore ? Because new buildt sword units do no get any armor upgrade e.g. by iron in that region.
    I just regognized the same with a blacksmith, no any benefit for units.
    Last edited by Protector; March 27, 2016 at 11:17 AM.

We havent changed that as far as I know?