Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Eagles Features and Overview

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Fall of the Eagles Features and Overview

Quote Originally Posted by Frosted Flaker View Post
    I think Late Antiquity is way more interesting than the period Rome 2 is set in. I know the release of Rome 2 made people gunshy with Attila, and may CA didn't lend the support they could have, but I just seeing the CA blog post about Shieldwall and DEI gives me hope. Even moreso, I think the new DLCs for Rome 2 were driven by their recognition of the DEI playerbase, and my hope is that they give Atilla the nod too.
    Additionally, the ATW has much better engine (eg for the battles) than Rome 2. However, The Empire Divided DLC should have been for Attila, and yet - it wasn't. Therefore I doubt there'll be another DLC for Attila.

Are the new battle-pack innovations made in DeI going to be implemented here? Infantry handle so much better when they're not using formation attack.

Quote Originally Posted by chriswhr View Post
    I do not wish to pressure anyone,but are there still plans to continue this great mod?
    I've pretty much passed the reins onto Cgma and provided him the most recent work I did as it stood in the messy pack file. I feel bad about it but I got burnt out and with my life's schedule I am not sure when I'd have to time to be able to return to it. As I say to anyone who PMs me for assets, please do feel free to take what you need from FOTE just copy our credits and credit our team. I'm happy to see my work recycled and given new life. I might return to it eventually, I'd love to be able to finish all the stuff in Attila visually at least so I could have a campaign of entirely updated visuals.

Not to bad mouth CA but I hope they never do the Attila system of every unit upgrading and replacing itself as that was the biggest reason I had to go and redo entire rosters - it was too bad for me to have it so you end up with nothing but Herculani Legionaries or lose access to Limitanei or Comitatenses. If it was like Rome2 I wouldn't have had to redesign and recalibrate everything. Or if I did it'd be easier to replace existing units with new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    I hope they never do the Attila system of every unit upgrading and replacing itself as that was the biggest reason I had to go and redo entire rosters - it was too bad for me to have it so you end up with nothing but Herculani Legionaries or lose access to Limitanei or Comitatenses. If it was like Rome2 I wouldn't have had to redesign and recalibrate everything. Or if I did it'd be easier to replace existing units with new ones.
    As i can remember it exists from at least Rome I, with your newest update system is gone for good in FotE, but few units of "early" - "late" relations + selected warlord units.
    The problem is with that how to force AI to recruit better units on later stages...

Maybe to make the system only appliable for the player? So for the rest of the factions the old systm remains? Is there a way to achieve it? I think in total war warhammer 2 the recruitment pool they use is always the best units cost/efficiency .

Quote Originally Posted by alevort View Post
    Maybe to make the system only appliable for the player?
    That would be best, but not possible, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by alevort View Post
    I think in total war warhammer 2 the recruitment pool they use is always the best units cost/efficiency .
    Because it uses the same system as TWA.

Added Cgma as a team member to the mod team list.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Awesome! So glad to see this mod still moving along. Had a lot of great moments playing. Looking forward to doing so again. Pleasant surprise

A suggestion:

Please please please please puh-leeze add Ritter-Floh's barbarian charge animations from Divide et Impera to this mod (I realize that you'd have to ask permission of course)! With the majority of the factions being barbarians--this mod could really use this extra layer of immersion on the battlefield. Please consider, gents.

I'm very glad that this mod came to life!

found some things that could use a quick fix.
    In custom battle, i noticed all celt factions have two units with the same name and card. the Uchelwr Bwyellwyr Axe infantry.
    And the Lakhmids have two cav units with roman infantry cards, Just the cards are wrong the unit is accurate in battles.
    Also the Lakhmids are missing any lv 3 units, save the general unit, not sure if that's intended for dificulty purposes or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BearSkin333 View Post
    celt factions have two units with the same name and card. the Uchelwr Bwyellwyr Axe infantry.
    They are the same unit, one is lower tier, one is upper, after tech upgrade.
    And the Lakhmids have two cav units with roman infantry cards, Just the cards are wrong the unit is accurate in battles.
    Yeah, they will be fixed with next update.
    Also the Lakhmids are missing any lv 3 units, save the general unit, not sure if that's intended for dificulty purposes or not.
    Actually they have like those units with mismatched icons.

What will be the next for this mod? AOR, an overhaul for Charlemagne campaign, more units to different factions? What do you guys have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by curro123 View Post
    What will be the next for this mod? AOR, an overhaul for Charlemagne campaign, more units to different factions? What do you guys have in mind?
    I guess nothing else. FotE and EP (R) are definitely closed. Only FotE+EP Revised is still in development, but also final stage is done and waiting to release last patch.

A shame. Attila has so much modding potential as can be seen with 1212ad, ancient empires and the lotr mod.

I'd like to see Attila's period have unique maps, more factions and rework. Alas a man can but dream.

Quote Originally Posted by skillfultree View Post
    I'd like to see Attila's period have unique maps, more factions and rework.
    Actually unmoddable (or not working), but anyone is welcome to add any content. I spent 1,5 year to see Revised as i want it to be, really lot of time and mostly enough for that game.

The game is really good as it is. Playing this after 3K, the atmosphere is captivating and amazing. And what Cgma has done with the unique units is amazing. It brings so much character to the Roman armies. I've played a monstrous amount of Total War over the decades, but I don't remember ever being this involved in a particular time period. The setting is absolutely epic and this mod is the best way to enjoy it.

Cgma has done a excellent job for sure.
    Last edited by skillfultree; September 02, 2019 at 12:26 AM.

This mod is great!

Are there any plans to update the unit cards for the celts, slavs and nords?

Quote Originally Posted by chriswhr View Post
    This mod is great!

Are there any plans to update the unit cards for the celts, slavs and nords?
    That was answered many times - no.

Many thanks for updaiting this great mod.
    Fall of the Eagles is optimized for using with Charlemagne?
    I see beautiful reskin of Charlemagne units but when I played For earlier I always had a CTD in early stages of the game.