Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Let me know when you get close guys, looking forward to buying Attila!

Good luck on the journey!
    Thank you sir. We cannot commit to a date, but we as a team are about to get into a phase where significant progress is made, and ironing out the rough edges become the priority. We will certainly post any updates as soon as they are available.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Thank you sir. We cannot commit to a date, but we as a team are about to get into a phase where significant progress is made, and ironing out the rough edges become the priority. We will certainly post any updates as soon as they are available.
    Thanks for the info!

Libertus

I dont know if its been mentioned but what about the line relief system. Could you guys implement something like that. I know it would be a massive challenge with the animations not only for the men exchanging postitions but also when they die and someone has to take their place. Could this be done in some way as a special ability or something. That has always been my desire in a total war game to see proper roman formations battle tactics etc.

When you say 'line relief system' which theory do you mean? (I happen to be quite well versed in this subject)

I'll take for now that you mean where the line of each century (4-8 deep) rotates the men inside forward to replace the man at the front, who then heads to the back of the line to conserve his energy. I would love to say that this is possible, but I fear it may not be. I have been able to get a century into a checkered formation before...

The topmost formation
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A very bad in game view of the formation.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

...unfortunately even this had its own problems. If I do find a way, trust me on this, it will appear in Rome 2/Attila.
    Last edited by Petellius; July 30, 2015 at 12:51 PM.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Libertus

Thats what i meant. Yeah probably not happening but it would be awesome .

Had a chat to the animations guy in DeI and he's pretty uncertain too
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Libertus

Again i apologize if its been asked but how are you guys gonna tackle reforms. I know about the early republic units and that you guys want them to be used for a long period which is historically accurate and awesome. But how are you guys gonna enforce this. I know CAC for rome 2 made it a scripted event which unlock the units at the accurate historical date and i think personally that would be the best option. Also are you guys gonna remove the one on one matched combat for the romans. I dont know how this can be done for only one faction (you would probably have to do it for all of them) but if you guys could do that it would also be awesome. And if you could make them only stab with their swords instead of the ridiculous slashing animations. Also there is a lot of debate as to the spacing between cohorts so how did you guys tackle this. Btw beacuse of you guys and this mod ive stopped playing attila completely. I just hate the time period and im too excited for this mod. You guys are awesome for doing this keep up the awesome work.

Quote Originally Posted by nodithegreat View Post
    Again i apologize if its been asked but how are you guys gonna tackle reforms. I know about the early republic units and that you guys want them to be used for a long period which is historically accurate and awesome. But how are you guys gonna enforce this. I know CAC for rome 2 made it a scripted event which unlock the units at the accurate historical date and i think personally that would be the best option. Also are you guys gonna remove the one on one matched combat for the romans. I dont know how this can be done for only one faction (you would probably have to do it for all of them) but if you guys could do that it would also be awesome. And if you could make them only stab with their swords instead of the ridiculous slashing animations. Also there is a lot of debate as to the spacing between cohorts so how did you guys tackle this. Btw beacuse of you guys and this mod ive stopped playing attila completely. I just hate the time period and im too excited for this mod. You guys are awesome for doing this keep up the awesome work.
    Hasnt total war always been a what if scenario and not a 100% historical simulator? I dont think scripting the reforms is the way to go. If you want to unlock the reforms at the correct date then wait to unlock it at that date.

And personally I love the "ridiculous" slashing animations. This can perhaps be sorted with a submod?

Libertus

I guess its down to preferance. I agree a submod would "fix" that on both these things. Again personal preference.

Tiro

Yeah, the reforms should be done thru techtree, that way its easier to have a nice multiplayer compability and it is up to the player when to reform
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy

not to mention it would take a huge amount of turns to get from polybian to imperial or marian

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Marcellus View Post
    Yeah, the reforms should be done thru techtree, that way its easier to have a nice multiplayer compability and it is up to the player when to reform

I'm more inclined to have reforms within the tech tree, and through script - For example if you take a look at Europa Barbarorum's approach with the construction of Latifundia. This signified a time period where economic growth boomed, and the division of classes became more significant, hence the need for a more professional military. This obviously was only one reason the reforms came along, but could be a part of a script such as 3-6 Latifunida must be built within provinces, before it triggers. Just an idea, and not sure if possible in Attila or Rome 2 for that matter, like it was with the original Rome 1 engine. Something the team will discuss down the road.

While we're on the subject of scripted events, is it possible to script children? If you have certain requirements of family members met certain children will always be born or available to marry in so we can get dope historical characters?

Also will titles be available too? I enjoyed having my generals renamed for their exploits in Rome 1. Titus Victor, and Flavius the Conqueror etc. If this question is in the improper place I apologize.

Either way, just watched Oakley's vids and your mod looks great so far. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by jlarue39 View Post
    While we're on the subject of scripted events, is it possible to script children? If you have certain requirements of family members met certain children will always be born or available to marry in so we can get dope historical characters?

Also will titles be available too? I enjoyed having my generals renamed for their exploits in Rome 1. Titus Victor, and Flavius the Conqueror etc. If this question is in the improper place I apologize.

Either way, just watched Oakley's vids and your mod looks great so far. Keep up the good work!
    Titles are something that has been discussed, and when we get to the point where scripting becomes a priority, this is definitely an option. As I would love to have that in there. For example the EB1 (not sure if its implemented in EB2) they have titles given based on conquering certain lands or cultures: Germanicus, Africanus, Gallus, etc. Again this may me way down the road as we are in the early stages of core development.

Tiro

I would love it if it were possible to have the family name stick. Titus Flavius son is name "something" Flavius etc etc..
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    When you say 'line relief system' which theory do you mean? (I happen to be quite well versed in this subject)

I'll take for now that you mean where the line of each century (4-8 deep) rotates the men inside forward to replace the man at the front, who then heads to the back of the line to conserve his energy. I would love to say that this is possible, but I fear it may not be. I have been able to get a century into a checkered formation before...
    The only thing I could think of to emulate this would be in an abstract way. You could give legionaries a skill named "Line Relief" or whatever you want to call it that would work like Second Wind except it would be a self buff.

or just increase their stamina constant

ReaperXM's Avatar Foederatus

So are you going to implement the Mauryan Empire (I don't remember exactly what it's called) in the game? Because I feel it would work well as a horde of a four or so armies just down in the edges of the Seleucids. I seem to remember them and the Seleucids not getting along very well, and having them in the game seems to fit.

Smiling Hetairoi's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperXM View Post
    So are you going to implement the Mauryan Empire (I don't remember exactly what it's called) in the game? Because I feel it would work well as a horde of a four or so armies just down in the edges of the Seleucids. I seem to remember them and the Seleucids not getting along very well, and having them in the game seems to fit.
    Beyond the battles between Seleucus and Chandragupta Maurya which ended in a peace treaty and a marriage the Seleukids and Mauryans had friendly relations.

ReaperXM's Avatar Foederatus

Oh, okay. Shows what I know then. But I still feel like having them down in the corner of the map, doing nothing expect getting really really strong would be cool though. Even if they don't fight the Seleucids.