Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243444546474849505166 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

Default Re: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

Will be the Faction Massalia playable at Release?

A little suggestion. A "storm" script, for ships. In sea, each naval force have a % of being destroyed by a storm. Well balance can be a very realsitic mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassassins View Post
    A little suggestion. A "storm" script, for ships. In sea, each naval force have a % of being destroyed by a storm. Well balance can be a very realsitic mechanic.
    That sounds like a really interesting idea! It could potentially be a great mechanic to discourage things like hordes going on huge naval adventures, as well as mitigating the issues where a destroyed faction stays alive from their navy roaming the seas. It would also add some much needed flavour to the game IMO.

Would you mind if we used this idea or some variation thereof for Medieval Kingdoms?
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Quote Originally Posted by Hassassins View Post
    Dayum, yeah that sounds good, like in Rome 1!
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

I'm completely new to Attila and to its modding community, and so I have to ask: is this essentially a mod to bring the setting of a DeI-type modded Rome 2 over to the Attila platform - with its better political/family mechanics and a functioning nomadic horde system that can now be applied to the Sarmatians and Scythians, etc?

If so, then this mod could be the Rome sequel that we never had, and should sate my Total War appetite for years to come

Cannot wait to see what the final product will be like.

Will you add cities to Attila's basic grand campaign map? Will you add city for Pictones, Suebi, Daorsi, Vaccaei, Namnetes, Aetolian League, Quadi, Triboci?
    Last edited by briks; November 27, 2016 at 03:08 AM.

It's not possible to add cities, as far as I know. What they tried to do however, was make them hordes with permanent camp, but that it functions like a city. So they own the "town", but some other faction controls the actual region. They're experimenting with this, we'll see how it'll turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheKlever View Post
    I'm completely new to Attila and to its modding community, and so I have to ask: is this essentially a mod to bring the setting of a DeI-type modded Rome 2 over to the Attila platform - with its better political/family mechanics and a functioning nomadic horde system that can now be applied to the Sarmatians and Scythians, etc?

If so, then this mod could be the Rome sequel that we never had, and should sate my Total War appetite for years to come

Cannot wait to see what the final product will be like.
    Kind of, its more akin to Roma Surrectum II for the original Rome Total War, if you ever played that.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Kind of, its more akin to Roma Surrectum II for the original Rome Total War, if you ever played that.
    Nah, when I played Rome as a kid it was in its initial release year, and a game modification was completely beyond my radar at the time.

But am I right in assuming that the Sarmatians etc will now actually function like nomads and form hordes?

WhatAnArtist's Avatar Foederatus

Are there any plans further down the line to make Ancient Empires compatible with the 12 Turns Per Year mod?

Quote Originally Posted by WhatAnArtist View Post
    Are there any plans further down the line to make Ancient Empires compatible with the 12 Turns Per Year mod?
    I think that their scripts are compatible with both 4tpy and 12tpy, if I remember correctly, at least. For the most part it's really in the domain of needing a submod to make AE 12tpy rather than AE being compatible with an existing 12tpy mod though.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Today is the day right?

Quote Originally Posted by chris2005 View Post
    Today is the day right?
    The day?

The day of release. You said before December.

I know you receive this question all the time but haven't seen any update in a while. Any idea of when campaign will be released? Still thinking before Christmas? Please don't mistake my excitement for impatience. I am so stoked that people talented enough to undertake this project are volunteering their time to make this mod what we all wanted out of Rome 2 (though Creative Assembly would have never achieved this deep of an experience with it). Thanks Petellius and AE team!!

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by DrJCaesar View Post
    I know you receive this question all the time but haven't seen any update in a while. Any idea of when campaign will be released? Still thinking before Christmas? Please don't mistake my excitement for impatience. I am so stoked that people talented enough to undertake this project are volunteering their time to make this mod what we all wanted out of Rome 2 (though Creative Assembly would have never achieved this deep of an experience with it). Thanks Petellius and AE team!!
    Ahhhhh - the question we modders love and hate - I want to answer so bad, but who knows if we can hold to that promise. Which is why we are always tight with what we say. Sooner than you think.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Default Re: Ancient Empires Attila, 200BC - Project Outline

Several legions in AE have imperial cohort with legionaries equipped only lorica segmentata (for example Legio IIII Flavia Felix) . I suggest add to these legions imperial cohort with legionaries equipped only lorica hamata too. Several legions in AE have imperial cohort with legionaries equipped only lorica hamata (for example Legio XX Valeria Victrix) . I suggest add to these legions imperial cohort with legionaries equipped only lorica segmentata too. In one imperial legion were legionaries equipped lorica segmentata and legionaries equipped lorica hamata and in cohort were legionaries with lorica segmentata and in another cohort in the same legion were legionaries with lorica hamata. In one imperial legion weren't only legionaries equipped lorica segmentata or only legionaries equipped lorica hamata. In every imperial legion were legionaries with lorica segmentata and legionaries with lorica hamata, but legionaries equipped lorica segmentata were in cohort without legionaries equipped lorica hamata, and legionaries equipped lorica hamata were in cohort without legionaries equipped lorica segmentata, but they were in one legion, in another cohorts, but still in one legion. In one legion weren't legionaries equipped only lorica segmentata or lorica hamata, every imperial legion had legionaries with lorica segmentata and lorica hamata.
    Last edited by briks; November 30, 2016 at 02:50 PM.

Charerg's Avatar Citizen

I think the team has chosen to equip some with only hamata/segmentata to make them somewhat different from each other. After all, what would be the point of separate units if they were absolutely identical? Remember that this is also a gameplay choice to a degree, since for a Total War game it's usually desirable to have distinct units. To take an example, in reality units like spearmen and archers often operated as a single unit, but in-game they're always two separate units for gameplay reasons.

Furthermore, we don't really know the details of how these armour types were distributed among the Roman legions. It's likely that there were variations in equipment between legions stationed at different parts of the empire. Since a Total War game is at the end of the day an approximation, a computer game, not a historical simulation, giving some legions hamata and others segmentata may be considered a good way to translate this variation into the game.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post
    I think the team has chosen to equip some with only hamata/segmentata to make them somewhat different from each other. After all, what would be the point of separate units if they were absolutely identical? Remember that this is also a gameplay choice to a degree, since for a Total War game it's usually desirable to have distinct units. To take an example, in reality units like spearmen and archers often operated as a single unit, but in-game they're always two separate units for gameplay reasons.

Furthermore, we don't really know the details of how these armour types were distributed among the Roman legions. It's likely that there were variations in equipment between legions stationed at different parts of the empire. Since a Total War game is at the end of the day an approximation, a computer game, not a historical simulation, giving some legions hamata and others segmentata may be considered a good way to translate this variation into the game.
    Its something like the above. They are clearly different, cuts down on texture load (to keep that lag nice and low), and also because our combat system works in single values (you can't for example have units mixed with hamata and segmentata) though we do have units that are mixed in other factions using a special value that... so maybe one day we'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2005 View Post
    The day of release. You said before December.
    Afraid not but looking to have some updates soon!