Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

Default Re: Ancient Empires Attila, 200BC - Project Outline

This is unreal! I would pay money for this haha. If this is released it will be the best mod EVER!

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Any screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Davout View Post
    Any screenshots?

How's that?

Edit: I probably shouldn't be showing this yet as the units are no where near completed as many new models and textures will be replacing the ones shown here. By the by, that is the Attila engine...
    Last edited by Petellius; March 22, 2015 at 06:43 PM.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

dayyum looking good, keep up the good work bro

Petellius really does have a knack for capturing great in game shots. It's a great skill that will aid the previews we develop in the future.

I'm not particularly secretive and don't mind providing info. It's more of when we/I have something good to present, I'll provide it. Right now I'm kind of in a holding pattern on the Attila elements until CA gives us the mod tools. I'm not touching the startpos until I can use the Assembly Kit. For a task this size, it's necessary. Once I have it, though, I'm optimistic I can have some eye candy fairly quickly (within 2 weeks) such as of the new factions on the campaign map and such.

Aussie-tosser's Avatar Tiro

So quick question, it's impossible to port maps from Rome 2 to Attila right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie-tosser View Post
    Good question, one we don't know the answer to really. I don't think ABH has tested it yet but we are under the impression that it would not be possible though, and even if we could several features in the Attila campaign require that exact map.

I love the idea for this mod! Can't wait. Best of luck - make it great!

cant wait to take over the world with silver shields

Short answer: Not sure. Most likely not, but there may be a way to pull it off with CA's map tools. One of the first issues would be that the Attila startpos includes new information/tables so I would need to do way more than what I did when I brought the Imperator Augustus map to the Grand Campaign.

I'm going to give it a try, but I lean strongly towards no. Most likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsaces I of Parthia View Post
    This is unreal! I would pay money for this haha.
    I am strangely fine with that xD CA on the other hand might not like that all that much

I am sure the mod will be worth all this waiting upon its release

Can we expect a more classical Greece as well, namly sparta but a return to corintian style helmets and wide range of greek hoplon would be cool cause as so many have said i love the attila batle system and even the family tree and map, but other than the vikings i dont like the time period.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Apostate View Post
    Can we expect a more classical Greece as well, namly sparta but a return to corintian style helmets and wide range of greek hoplon would be cool cause as so many have said i love the attila batle system and even the family tree and map, but other than the vikings i dont like the time period.
    We will have Ancient Greece, but not Classical xD

The mod starts at 200 BC meaning Athens and Sparta aren't the powers they used to be but are part (not so much Sparta but sometime) of the Achean League. They will have the hoplons and Corinthian helmets of the older periods as you would imagine, but also more recent things such as pikemen and roman influenced infantry.

So could we potentially have the very scary situation of a unified Greece standing up to those upstart Romans with a modern, professional fighting force of thorax-wearing heavy hoplites and pikemen?

The Outsider's Avatar Civis

Guys will you be able to implement barbarian confederations into the game? It would be good to have that feature back.

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaSon21 View Post
    So could we potentially have the very scary situation of a unified Greece standing up to those upstart Romans with a modern, professional fighting force of thorax-wearing heavy hoplites and pikemen?
    Expect it

also I am sure we can do something about confederations, though you would have to ask ABH about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Expect it

also I am sure we can do something about confederations, though you would have to ask ABH about that.
    You've just made a friend and I very eager to play this mod. After we both read the info Sir_Pee_A_Lot posted in the DeI forums about the evolution of the Greek military forces we both came off very disappointed with how mods had portrayed them, especially when we got to the parts that said Alexandrian-era hoplites often had a 20 pound hoplon of solid bronze and 100 pounds of bronze cuirass protecting their torsos, making them essentially walking Juggernauts. I think the two of us will spend a lot of time playing the various Hellenic nations if we can expect that level of heavy infantry from the Greeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaSon21 View Post
    You've just made a friend and I very eager to play this mod. After we both read the info Sir_Pee_A_Lot posted in the DeI forums about the evolution of the Greek military forces we both came off very disappointed with how mods had portrayed them, especially when we got to the parts that said Alexandrian-era hoplites often had a 20 pound hoplon of solid bronze and 100 pounds of bronze cuirass protecting their torsos, making them essentially walking Juggernauts. I think the two of us will spend a lot of time playing the various Hellenic nations if we can expect that level of heavy infantry from the Greeks.
    Greeks in the Rome 2 version are already something not to be dismissed. I would say they aren't the most amazing infantry in the world in terms of attacking power but they will soak up everything you throw at them and it is very satisfying to see.

Then I'm definitely going to be waiting eagerly for either release.

Well I am glad to hear it. We are nearing a beta release, just waiting on some more campaign things. Though depends on what we decide.