Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

Default Re: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

Hello, can you please translate your mod (with submod ?) in French when he will be ready, if you have volunters to do it ? (maybe you could create a subforum to recruit people to translate it in different language ?)
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Quote Originally Posted by super_newbie_pro View Post
    Hello, can you please translate your mod (with submod ?) in French when he will be ready, if you have volunters to do it ? (maybe you could create a subforum to recruit people to translate it in different language ?)
    Talk to ABH after the mod is released to the general public. He will set you up with everything. It is always nice to get translators from a language other than Spanish .

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Do you plan on doing anything at all similar to the supply system DeI has at some point? It's very good.

Well we can if we want to just straight up rip it out and re purpose it for AE. I definitely think we will do something with it, alongside added importance to the integrity mechanic for armies in campaign, which will likely work alongside something similar to the supply system.
    Last edited by ABH2; January 15, 2016 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Correction
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

When will this awesome mod release ?

Some time around late April, to late June if all goes well.

Do you guys need help ? I know how to word with PFM, editSF, and Bob, i make my own mods. I have free time if you need help with data editing or testing.

Put your name and what you can do on the pinned thread above for wanted help. I think we are pretty sorted right now but you never know.

ReaperXM's Avatar Foederatus

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grant/Desktop/So%20Excited!.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Grant/Desktop/So%20Excited!.jpg[/IMG]http://45.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq...v7a0o1_250.gif
    I'M SO EXCITED!

ReaperXM's Avatar Foederatus

NOOOO IT DIDN'T SHOW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figured I'd post these here. Just showing a little update of the recent campaign progress. It's rough around the edges (female portrait of Scipio etc.), but you can see some stuff is starting to get implemented:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Have you guys planned to do anything with the skins of the campaign map cities? I know Linke from Desperatis Rebus managed to import the Rome II terracotta-themed skins.

We'll see. I'd have to see what goes into it. I may have to import building models, anyway, but right now our mod is already quite large. Most likely, yea, we'll bring over the campaign models.

Adding to ABH's display of some campaign mechanics, here's a quick preview of the implementation of another area, army traditions. There's been some rapid progress here in the past week, both in terms of implementation and mapping out some new trees. There are also some more firm plans on how to construct the skill trees now, something I'm certain we'll reveal more about later. The same principle goes here, character portraits aren't matching the faction. At least in my mind, it'd be great covering the campaign more thoroughly in a focused preview featuring one or several youtubers and imagery taken from the mod's campaign, in a few weeks or months from now when it's playable from a balancing viewpoint rather than technical alone.

For some reason the image can't be uploaded correctly right now, so a link will have to suffice.

Parthian Traditions - Light Horse Drafshs
    Last edited by Sheridan; January 23, 2016 at 04:07 PM.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Hey guys I´m finally going to buy attila as soon as my finals are over, where do I sign up for testing?

Best regards
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    We'll see. I'd have to see what goes into it. I may have to import building models, anyway, but right now our mod is already quite large. Most likely, yea, we'll bring over the campaign models.
    Oh please include rome 2 cities models into campaing map,it would be so great!!!

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

For the character portraits, will you use the ones from Rome II or some of the ones from Attila? Or make your own? The faces I mean.

I believe Rome 2 though can't say for sure

Super-excited about this mod! There are a number of great features in Attila that I think would be great for a game set in classical antiquity. I really missed the family tree system in R2...

Quick question: why did you choose 202 BC as the start date for the mod? Several earlier projects (EB, DEI) chose the 270s as the beginning point, presumably to encompass the time frame of all three Punic Wars. Why begin the campaign on the eve of Zama in 202, as opposed to 218, 241, or 272?

Quote Originally Posted by adun12345 View Post
    Super-excited about this mod! There are a number of great features in Attila that I think would be great for a game set in classical antiquity. I really missed the family tree system in R2...

Quick question: why did you choose 202 BC as the start date for the mod? Several earlier projects (EB, DEI) chose the 270s as the beginning point, presumably to encompass the time frame of all three Punic Wars. Why begin the campaign on the eve of Zama in 202, as opposed to 218, 241, or 272?
    It's mostly due to Attila's map, which isn't adequate for a time period that early especially in places like Greece.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)