Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 133853545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1350

Thread: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

Happy New Year! This is the year guys and gals. Thank you for your patience with this mod!

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Happy New Year! This is the year guys and gals. Thank you for your patience with this mod!
    have an excellent 2018, we are all waiting eagerly for this great mod!

Hello jolly fellows, happy new year to the mod team and the whole community !

I was wondering if you managed to simulate the political life of Rome (the consulate, the election, the senate's opposition) in any way ?
    I remember in the first Rome that senate was a real obstacle to your progression, giving you orders like who to make war with or wich ports to blocade. You could of course disobey but you would get penalties with the Senate and other romans faction. You also have Rome to conquest at a moment to truly become a Emperor.
    Now with Rome 2, you get some missions from time to time but they only give you bonuses if you succeed it, and no maluses if you don't. You can do whatever you want without restiction (exept sometimes, when an opposite parties' member will try to kill you or declare civil war, but it doesn't feel like the senate is against you, more like other parties are jealous). You even control Rome as soon as the game begin, you won't have to struggle to capture it like in the Rome 1. The only reason you have to overthrow the republic is more bonuses (again - and less attempt to assassinate you) but no real needs.
    You don't have this feeling that you need to take the capital and overthrow the system like you did have (Or at least that I did have) when playing in Rome 1 to achieve success, and this feeling was for me one of the greatest thing of the game (because it reflects the internal struggle for power during republican Rome). In Rome 2 it's more like you are already the master of the political game and you are just trying to remain it. It's okay if you're playing a kingdom but I find it more boring if you play with a Republic or a confederation/league/oligarchy
    So I wonder if this old Rome's feeling will be back in Ancient Empires

Good luck with what needs to be done and keep up the good job !! I'm sure this mod will be awesome at release !

Quote Originally Posted by Siger V View Post
    Hello jolly fellows, happy new year to the mod team and the whole community !

I was wondering if you managed to simulate the political life of Rome (the consulate, the election, the senate's opposition) in any way ?
    I remember in the first Rome that senate was a real obstacle to your progression, giving you orders like who to make war with or wich ports to blocade. You could of course disobey but you would get penalties with the Senate and other romans faction. You also have Rome to conquest at a moment to truly become a Emperor.
    Now with Rome 2, you get some missions from time to time but they only give you bonuses if you succeed it, and no maluses if you don't. You can do whatever you want without restiction (exept sometimes, when an opposite parties' member will try to kill you or declare civil war, but it doesn't feel like the senate is against you, more like other parties are jealous). You even control Rome as soon as the game begin, you won't have to struggle to capture it like in the Rome 1. The only reason you have to overthrow the republic is more bonuses (again - and less attempt to assassinate you) but no real needs.
    You don't have this feeling that you need to take the capital and overthrow the system like you did have (Or at least that I did have) when playing in Rome 1 to achieve success, and this feeling was for me one of the greatest thing of the game (because it reflects the internal struggle for power during republican Rome). In Rome 2 it's more like you are already the master of the political game and you are just trying to remain it. It's okay if you're playing a kingdom but I find it more boring if you play with a Republic or a confederation/league/oligarchy
    So I wonder if this old Rome's feeling will be back in Ancient Empires

Good luck with what needs to be done and keep up the good job !! I'm sure this mod will be awesome at release !
    That could be a nice thought or submod opportunity for the community. However, currently active missions (which we just recently got working for Rome) are basically the same as Attila. I did receive a mission to start war with Veneti about 4 turns in, but as far as effects, it would be the same as attila's vanilla gameplay...for now.

Ok I see, this "For now" gives me hope, maybe one day someone will find a way to "reimplant" this simulation of the Senate and the struggle against it with the current political system in Attila
    Thank you for the answer UMCenturion, good luck for the future !

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Siger V View Post
    Ok I see, this "For now" gives me hope, maybe one day someone will find a way to "reimplant" this simulation of the Senate and the struggle against it with the current political system in Attila
    Thank you for the answer UMCenturion, good luck for the future !
    I seem to remember there being a thread here on this sort of subject. We were all coming up with possible dilemma events and stuff for possible implementation.
    I've always imagined that Senatorial elections could be simulated through offices and dilemma events.

It's just unfortunate, the limited active members we have to tackle multiple things at once. Right now just trying to complete the drawing, before adding the full color effect.

Hopes are still high!

4 years guys!!!!! we expecting this masterpiece soon or what??

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerjak93 View Post
    4 years guys!!!!! we expecting this masterpiece soon or what??
    Thank you so much for getting registered and contributing that much with modding community... You're a role model for new generations, congratulations

It's on it's way, one way or another.

IK know from an insider of this mooding team - that they never can open this mod for the community - they need months to do that. So why you kidding us all with this here !

Come on Der, give them a break. For me they can take as long as they want. I just want to see a full playable and finished mod when it comes out. And if they need more months to do it, that's fine

This mod is death believe me !

Der, stop being so pessimistic . Could you make a mod this complex , with this many features , from the ground up, with no glitches/ real life setbacks whatsoever ? have some patience ...

Quote Originally Posted by DerThüringer View Post
    Nope

IK know from an insider of this mooding team - that they never can open this mod for the community - they need months to do that. So why you kidding us all with this here !
    An insider from the modding team? So out of me and UMC who told you we were never releasing to the community because it sure as hell wasn't me
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

_Tyr_'s Avatar Civis

Man, you embarrass me for living in Thuringia as well.
    What is your point here exactly? You made 20 posts, most of which were sh itting on this mod and it's developers. If you want to see this mod come to life and are angry that it takes longer than anticipated, then why not just learn some modding for yourself and offer help, instead of whining and bi tching around and even telling lies? If somehow it would be possible, you ought to be excluded from downloading and enjoying this mod, once it's finished. But I doubt, you are able to enjoy something anyway...
    Last edited by _Tyr_; January 15, 2018 at 05:34 AM.

This had me chuckling!

I wanna smoke what he has smoked!