Page 1 of 68 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

Default Ancient Empires Attila, 202BC - Project Outline

I'm proud to present the Ancient Empires overhaul for Attila. This campaign will be set in the 202BC just prior to the climax of the Second Punic War at Zama. Carthage has been severely weakened, and the now united Numidians have their eyes set on their territory. Rome itself now finds itself as the dominant power in the Western Mediterranean, but it still has not tested itself against the Successors of Alexander. It intends to settle its score with Macedon for its recent transgressions and the support provided to Hannibal, but still has to deal with a threat closer to home in the form of the Cisalpine Gauls who have been in revolt since 218. With new territory in Hispania, more wealth is filling its coffers than ever, but the Celtiberians are getting restless.

Antiochus III has returned from subduing the East, and for at least the time being he has unified the Seleucid Empire. Baktria and Parthia have been put back in their place and are now compliant client states while Armenia has been divided in two. The time has come for revenge against the Seleucids for their victory at Raphia, and after that? Greece is ripe for the taking. Up in the North, the Scythian hordes are having their territory encroached upon by the Sarmatians. The building pressure has to come to a conclusion, and the loser will need to find a new home.

Featuring over 148 factions on the campaign map to start along with 187 emergent factions, the Ancient Empires Attila campaign will offer the most in-depth experience possible on the TW engine. It will feature a host of new peoples never before seen in any TW or conversion mod to date. The goal is to create the most immersive and dynamic campaign experience ever seen in a TW game while also placing an emphasis on historical accuracy and strategic choice.

Faction List
    1. Rome
    2. Carthage

British Isles (9)

• Iceni
    • Dumonii
    • Demetae
    • Catuvellauni
    • Parisii
    • Brigantes
    • Votadini
    • Caledones
    • Ebdani

Iberia (17)

• Turdetani
    • Carpetani
    • Illercavones
    • Edetani
    • Lusitani
    • Celtici
    • Vettones
    • Astures
    • Galleaci
    • Bracari
    • Brigantes
    • Cantabri
    • Arevaci
    • Vaccaei (horde)
    • Illergetae (horde)
    • Cessetani (horde)
    • Baleares

Balkans (16)

• Breuci
    • Scordisci
    • Dalmatae
    • Daesitiates
    • Galabri
    • Thunaki
    • Triballi
    • Epirus
    • Macedon
    • Achaean League
    • Aetolian League (horde)
    • Byzantium
    • Odrysian Kingdom
    • Bessi
    • Ardiaei (horde)
    • Daorsi (horde)

Narbo and Cisalpine Gaul (13):

• Massilia
    • Salluvii (Entremont, horde)
    • Segusini (Segusio)
    • Allobroges (Vienna)
    • Volcae Tectosages (Narbo)
    • Volcae Arecomici
    • Sotiates (Elusa)
    • Bituriges
    • Liguri
    • Veneti
    • Insubres
    • Cenomani
    • Boii (horde)

Gaul, Belgica (15)

• Aedui
    • Arverni
    • Carnutes
    • Unelli
    • Namnetes (horde)
    • Veneti (horde)
    • Pictones (horde)
    • Sequani
    • Mediomatrici
    • Treveri
    • Atrebates
    • Nervii
    • Raeti
    • Nori
    • Vindelici

Germania (27)

• Frisii
    • Chauci
    • Ubii
    • Chatti (horde)
    • Cherusci
    • Cimbri
    • Teutones
    • Ambrones (island)
    • Suiones
    • Semnones
    • Rugii
    • Gutones
    • Nahanarvali
    • Marcomanni
    • Quadi (horde)
    • Suebi (horde)
    • Harii
    • Triboci (horde, across from Mediomatrici)
    • Vangiones (horde)
    • Boii
    • Eravisci (east)
    • Azali
    • Getae
    • Apuli
    • Carpi
    • Bastarnae
    • Osi (horde)

Northeast (21)

• Helveconae (Silesia)
    • Helisii
    • Aestii (Germansarmatia)
    • Venedi
    • Tauci
    • Iazyges
    • Royal Scythia
    • Roxolani
    • Budini
    • Alans
    • Iastae
    • Thyssagetae
    • Saka
    • Massagetae
    • Dahae
    • Cimmeria
    • Siraces
    • Aorsoi
    • Colchis
    • Kartli
    • Ardhan

East and North Africa (28)

• Nabatea
    • Mascat
    • Qidri
    • Gerrhaea
    • Saba
    • Ma'in
    • Himyar
    • Blemmyes
    • Meroe
    • Axum
    • Seleucid
    • Ptolemies
    • Galatians
    • Cappadocians
    • Armenians
    • Sophene
    • Garmantes
    • Numidia
    • Nasamones
    • Pontus
    • Bithynia
    • Atropatene
    • Baktria
    • Parthia
    • Pergamon
    • Knossos
    • Rhodes
    • Mauri

As for the campaign itself, the goal was to emphasize the new barbarian regions which CA's map tends to improve. We also hope to bring in the new horde feature to create a truly chaotic and dynamic political situation North of the Alps that will demand the player's attention. In Hispania, we are glad to be able to represent more tribes than any other campaign to date. For whatever reason, CA emphasized the Iberian peninsula in its map, and we intend to take full advantage of that fact.

The 2nd century was the peak of the Republic, but also saw Rome hit its darkest days since the sack of the eternal city in the early 4th century. It was a time of expansion and social unrest that pushed the Republic to its breaking point. It is a unique starting point for a campaign that will hopefully bring new experiences even for seasoned TW players.

The Attila campaign will attempt to bring over what we had from Rome 2, and then some. This includes the already mentioned emergent factions, new battle mechanics, a complete 100% building overhaul with the return of roads (among numerous other options), dynamic and strategic resources, and much more.

Thanks
    ABH and the Ancient Empires Mod Team
    Last edited by ABH2; November 26, 2015 at 12:19 AM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Attila Rome 2 Project

It all sounds like a very detailed and thoroughly researched concept. I will be following both/all with interest. I am confident that word of your detailed plans will spread and attract huge following.

Well, we certainly hope. I understand the lack of attention for an unreleased mod of Rome 2 at this stage. Other mods have already done some great work that's made players happy.

But I do feel we can breathe some life into Rome 2 and we are apparently the only ones looking to move over an earlier campaign to Attila. We'll do our best.

Well I hope I'm now in the right thread now, but yeah, I'm looking forward to this a lot, I love Atilla's new features but I just don't connect with any of the factions or the time period the way I do with Carthage in the Punic War or Ptolemaic Egypt

It's hard to want to expand my empire without feeling some kind of cultural connection lol

Ok woops not the right place, just saw the link in your post ABH2 lol

Default Re: Ancient Empires Attila, 200BC - Project Outline

Updated this to include a bit more info and a new campaign map preview.

Words cannot described how stoked I am for this.

Wow I have dreamed of such a thing...if only India was on the map a dream would come true. I am impressed by the level of research.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Updated this to include a bit more info and a new campaign map preview.
    Would you not have the Iceni and coreiluteuvi switched round? I feel the Iceni were normally a bit more north east than that.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Sorry keep getting double posts at the moment
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; March 01, 2015 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Dp

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Would you not have the Iceni and coreiluteuvi switched round? I feel the Iceni were normally a bit more north east than that.
    Fair point actually, the Iceni should be in the northern most area sharing with Trimovantes in modern Norfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Antiochus Philopappos View Post
    Fair point actually, the Iceni should be in the northern most area sharing with Trimovantes in modern Norfolk
    He told me its so they had a walled settlement, which is fair

It's a fair point and been changed. As for the Corieltauvi, I was thinking of changing them out for another faction entirely. They weren't all that significant in terms of warfare or the conquest, as I understand it.

Well you have some way to go to finalise anything

Perhaps you could put the Atrebates in south, part of which are the Regnenses which became very pro Roman. Just a suggestion

PonySlaystation's Avatar Tiro

TW:Attila features and gameplay in my favourite time frame of RomeII (roughly)? sounds great and cant wait for this to be fleshed out! =)
    Ferrum Noricum

TEAM SKAVEN
    TEAM DARK ELVES
    TEAM TOMB KINGS

Quote Originally Posted by PonySlaystation View Post
    TW:Attila features and gameplay in my favourite time frame of RomeII (roughly)? sounds great and cant wait for this to be fleshed out! =)
    Actually a lot of it is already fleshed out . You see we have most of the stuff done for Rome 2 and we have already created a similar battle mechanic in Attila (Warriors of Faith), so all we really need to do now is add in units and then add in the new building structures. Everything else is just little bits like UI, campaign effects on armies and agents as well as making hordes work how we wish in Attila. There is still no definite release date but we are getting a lot closer to a beta with the much needed help of new additions to the team.

All I can say is that battles are pretty much done for both Attila and Rome 2, the campaign for Rome 2 is mostly done excluding buildings, agents and CAI. The units are quite few so far but with rosters being completed at a pretty fast pace I would keep your eyes open for anything interesting happening on this forum! (though we aren't magic it isn't going to get done in a few weeks)

Hope this keeps you on your toes!

Petellius

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Actually a lot of it is already fleshed out . You see we have most of the stuff done for Rome 2 and we have already created a similar battle mechanic in Attila (Warriors of Faith), so all we really need to do now is add in units and then add in the new building structures. Everything else is just little bits like UI, campaign effects on armies and agents as well as making hordes work how we wish in Attila. There is still no definite release date but we are getting a lot closer to a beta with the much needed help of new additions to the team.

All I can say is that battles are pretty much done for both Attila and Rome 2, the campaign for Rome 2 is mostly done excluding buildings, agents and CAI. The units are quite few so far but with rosters being completed at a pretty fast pace I would keep your eyes open for anything interesting happening on this forum! (though we aren't magic it isn't going to get done in a few weeks)

Hope this keeps you on your toes!

Petellius
    SOUNDS AMAZING! I've really been wanting an ancient mod for Attila

Big thanks to the Total War Zone channel for making this great overview of our combat overhaul Warriors of Faith.

Big thanks to the Total War Zone channel for making this great overview of our combat mod Warriors of Faith.

Page 1 of 68 12345678910112651 ... LastLast