Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Occupation and Diplomatic Options (Confederations, etc.)

Default Re: Occupation and Diplomatic Options (Confederations, etc.)

Hi Dresden, I was wandering, does the All Occupation Options also include (re)settle for nomads? (Hunns etc.) And if so, can you maybe make ver., without settle option for nomads?

Into which folder do you put this mod into? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Go0lden_Archer View Post
    Hi Dresden, I was wandering, does the All Occupation Options also include (re)settle for nomads? (Hunns etc.) And if so, can you maybe make ver., without settle option for nomads?
    Sure.

Edit: Download for that version is now on the main thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Faini View Post
    Into which folder do you put this mod into? Thanks.
    Into your Attila data folder. Then when you run Attila, click Mod Manager and activate the mod.
    Last edited by Dresden; March 16, 2015 at 07:14 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hello,the occupation option do not seem to be working.I tried playing as the ostrogoths and they have no option to make the faction a puppet.They used to before.
    It might be because of the new patch?

Are you using any other mods?

Well it's been about a month and I haven't touched the game once. Has there been any news on the region giving feature? This feature being removed is the biggest thing that ruins Atilla for me, it's why I can't play the game anymore. In Rome 2 it was better without the feature but it still lacked so much, but in Atilla when every faction simply razes everything and automatically goes into horde mode - Atilla in my eyes just can't survive as a game without region giving.

The AI with or without the feature are just as terrible as hell, but the AI is worse without it in the long run.

I'm not sure if its possible but if anyone can figure it out its you. I found some references to gifting and demanding regions in diplomacy_negotiation_string_options. I'm not sure if they are the keys that allow the migrating factions to do this, but its worth a look.

Maybe there is a way to apply this to other factions, but its beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderin View Post
    I found some references to gifting and demanding regions in diplomacy_negotiation_string_options. I'm not sure if they are the keys that allow the migrating factions to do this, but its worth a look.

Maybe there is a way to apply this to other factions, but its beyond me.
    Hmmm... I think that CA put the 'concept' of the original region giving in the game but they locked it so hard a nun would be put to shame. I still believe that a single developer could probably take 2 hours and implement the entire feature in the game because I believe it's already there due to the giving regions to a horde, and from the strings that you found - it just adds more evidence that the core feature is there it's just hidden and locked.

CA, if they had a brain, could probably just patch the feature in in a 3mb patch.

Agreed, but there has to be a reason it was excluded from the last two or three total war games. It would open up so many more options for gameplay and make allies feel less like a burden taking up space.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderin View Post
    Agreed, but there has to be a reason it was excluded from the last two or three total war games. It would open up so many more options for gameplay and make allies feel less like a burden taking up space.
    I remember playing with the feature as far as Empire Total War and it worked. I've never had any serious problems with the AI using the feature. I think the reason they took the feature out though was too many butthurt people that said it was immersion breaking and people who complained for years that the feature couldn't be used with AI because they weren't 'smart' enough.

miTo82's Avatar Libertus

Hey!

I never played another Total War game before (except Medieval 2, but not very long) and now I am looking for some small mods that make the game a little bit more versatile, especially the diplomatic part.

I have to say that I only play barbarian and migrating factions. As far as I know, the satrapy option is only available for some major factions (WRE, ERE and Sassanids??) and its quite similar to a tribute state.

I havent tried the mod yet, but before I will test it I have some questions about the confederate-feature (I still read something about it, but some things I don’t understand):

1. When I confederate with another faction, what happens to them? Will they be completely removed out of my campaign? Or am I able to play “two factions” (my own and the confederated one).

2. What happens with their armies? Will I have controll over them? Or will they act as usual?

3. When I confederate with another faction, will I be able to recruit their units?

Or do I only get their land, cities and armies without “defeating” them in battle??

Sorry for this questions, I know that this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread… bus thanks for your help =)

You get their lands and armies (if I remember correctly), but the faction goes away. They are basically converted into your faction. You do not get to recruit their units, though.

The only factions you can confederate with are the ones that share the "same blood," which is determined by subculture.
    Last edited by Dresden; April 01, 2015 at 12:34 PM.

Hi

Thank you for the mod

I have united all britan (same blood)

Just a few ajustments

When absorve one of the faction of britan the generals does not apear on the familiy tree (my party or the oposition)

Now i have 2 faction heirs.

Even if i disband the 2 general from the caledonion they dont apear in the family tree, they just desapear.

thanks for the good work

Quote Originally Posted by guspin View Post
    Hi

Thank you for the mod

Just a few ajustments

When absorve one of the faction of britan the generals does not apear on the familiy tree (my party or the oposition)

Even if i disband the 2 general from the caledonion they dont apear in the family tree, they just desapear.

thanks for the good work
    Not "disband" replace

Hi

Thank you for the mod

Just a few ajustments

thanks for the good work
    Yes, the generals from the other faction can only be seen when they are actually leading an army, or when you change an army's general, they will be in the list of selectable generals is they were replaced before.
    You can't do any political actions against them, can't give offices to them, so if their loyalty gets too low, they might become a problem.
    The safest solution is to get them killed as soon as possible, or replace them and hope they won't revolt later.

I am not sure it is something that can be changed, simply because the mechanic was not meant to be in Attila

dont be sad dresden

i am super happy with this mod. I like in rome 2 and dont understant why CA cut it

so best thing is replace them and tey desapear.

thanks again and keep the excelent work tha you do.

update

i'm playing with alamans, and suebians (hord) are same blood. they join my confederation and i keep the general.

dont be sad dresden

i am super happy with this mod. I like in rome 2 and dont understant why CA cut it

so best thing is replace them and tey desapear.

thanks again and keep the excelent work tha you do.

Update 2

so i think it works like this

When we absorve a faction in a confederation you keep the generals of that faction, but they dont apear in the family tree (your or in other party)

you can disband but they dont apear also, but when you rase a army they are there but still dont apear in family tree.

in rome II it was diferent. They apear even if you disband they go to the other familys

Hi Dresden! My friend in version 1.2 added the faction with the help of the Confederation and the generals of that faction appeared in the family tree. Also attachable army factions appear in the player.
    Sorry for my english, I hope you understand.
    http://imtw.ru/uploads/imperiall/img...4-06_00016.jpg

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast