Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Occupation and Diplomatic Options (Confederations, etc.)

Default Re: Occupation and Diplomatic Options (Confederations, etc.)

I still think this community to gets off its arse and raise awareness to CA about unlocking the ability to let us implement region giving in the games again.

what do i have to change to put it back so the huns can no longer occupy cities

I have no idea why, but the one feature from this mod that I wanted doesn't exist in game... I'm playing as the Saxons, and there is no Liberate option on any towns or desolate locations. It seems all the other things are in the game (but most features for this mod is already in the game) but there is no Liberate. When I defeat a new town I get Sack, Vassal (or join/puppet state), Loot and Occupy, Occupy, and Raze.

''cause there's no faction to liberate for those places?

Quote Originally Posted by Earende View Post
    ''cause there's no faction to liberate for those places?
    Negative. For any settlement owned by a faction at the start of the Grand Campaign should count, and to be honest - I would be happy with "Previous owner before currently defeated owner".

For instance, I just defeated Roma, technically I should be able to liberate Roma for the Western Roman Empire, but for every settlement I've defeated, there is no "Liberate" option.

Is this save Compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by xronaldz View Post
    Is this save Compatible?
    That is something I'm honestly wondering. I want to say that it isn't save-compatible, because I have it installed and activated using the mod manager... but it still feels like something is missing.

I think the Barbarian Confederacy mod is save compatible because I being Saxony can make a Confederacy with Angles [confirmed], but I cannot liberate any settlements (from the standard Diplomatic mod).

Yes it should be save compatible.

I will look into the liberate function, but it could operate differently in Attila rather than Rome. In vanilla, only the barbarian cultures have the option.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Is Saxony one of those barbarian type cultures? That's who I've been playing as. I can open a confederacy with Angles, and I think that's part of your mod. I know you can only make a confederacy if they're the same kind of culture - so that might be caused by your mod or not. I just know I can't liberate, and I have 5 settlement defeat options. I took Roma from the Franks when they took it from the WRE, and I wanted to liberate it back to WRE but couldn't, so instead of razing it and destroying every building in it, I occupied it in a hope that I can some how do something with it later on from a mod or from a patch or something.

I found a...thing. I don't know if this is because of the mod or vanilla. Playing as Jutes, tnx to the mod i was rampaging through europe and made everyone puppet states (Jutes can originally only make them Tributary states). However when declaring war on another faction i demanded my puppet states to follow me.... they declined and broke the puppet state agreement!, the are no longer my puppets because of that. To my understanding they shouldn't even be abel to decline!? its a fundamental thing as a puppet state, you dont have any diplomatic privileges at all.

Autaritus's Avatar Libertus

I would like to make a comment about the "give a region" diplomatic option. Modifying it would be interesting so it represented the Roman institution of foedus, where the empire gave a territory -or its tax collection concession- to a barbarian nation in exchange of military aid in the defense of the border and -more in the paper than in practice- its obedience to Rome. I think that changing the script so giving a region to a horde faction made it automatically a military ally of the player would be enough.

Theora just because they are your puppet states doesn't mean they won't decline to join a war. It the same as when they declare independence sometimes. Their is still a local ruler for that faction but instead of having total control he has to do what he is told until he decides that's enough and declares his faction independent. It depends on how much they like you and their relationship with the faction you are planning on attacking. If they hate you and they really like the faction you asked them to go to war against they will probably decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Autaritus View Post
    I would like to make a comment about the "give a region" diplomatic option. Modifying it would be interesting so it represented the Roman institution of foedus, where the empire gave a territory -or its tax collection concession- to a barbarian nation in exchange of military aid in the defense of the border and -more in the paper than in practice- its obedience to Rome. I think that changing the script so giving a region to a horde faction made it automatically a military ally of the player would be enough.
    Sadly... I'm beyond turn 100, and if there is anything I've learned. The AI is too flushing stupid for that. This applies to nearly everything. The AI horde in this case is to freaking stupid to take it's horde in a logical place near your territory to allow you to give them a region. The AI is too stupid to turn itself into a horde to get a better vantage point by going to somewhere that I'd give it a region.

Hell, the AI is too flushing stupid that when I give them 100,000 gold to fight one single simple enemy. They do nothing. The only time they chimed in was when I already had two militaries in the area that was used in the battle also. Other than that they just run back home to their one single region and cry like pansies while sitting on around 200,000 gold and 2-3 formidable armies.

Dresden I was wondering if you could tell me how to remove the raze option from all factions. Would I just delete the raze row for each culture.

Does not work with: Radious Total War Mod (Released 20.2.2015)

(Sorry for the text, unfortunately, can not speak English)

:; [QUOTE = White_Eagle 14376975] funktioniert nicht mit radious Total War Mod (Veröffentlicht 2015.02.20) ?
    ? -> Könferderation Verknüpfung ist dann nicht mehr möglich ist, das gleiche Blut dann nicht mehr angezeigt (Sorry für den Text, leider kann Englisch sprechen) [/ QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by White_Eagle View Post
    Does not work with: Radious Total War Mod (Released 20.2.2015)?
    The same blood is then no longer displayed -> Könferderation join is then no longer possible?

(Sorry for the text, unfortunately, can not speak English)
    Kann mein Text leider nicht Editieren, kein Button?

If you load this before Radious' mod, it should work. I am not sure what he has included in his mod exactly.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Unfortunately, this does not, either yours, Dresden or radious Mod, both missing along the function: Confederation "the same blood".

Have activated later in a stored Score the Ratious-Mod,
    the opportunity to: Confederacy "the same blood" was missing then.
    ???
    (sorry for the english, is Googleenglisch , I speak German)

@ Dresden,
    Can Radiuos your, Occupation and Diplomatic Options (Confederations, etc.), do not integrate into his?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast