Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Attila (UPC-ATT) - updated 30.5.2018

Icon3 Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Attila (UPC-ATT) - updated 30.5.2018

Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Attila (UPC-ATT)

What is the UPC?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The UPC project is necessary for all languages except English, because of added custom texts to the game by modders. Most of these texts are from Unit Pack Mods, Gameplay Mods and Overhaul Mods. Without the UPC you can not see these custom unit names, descriptions and other texts if you don't use the English language version.

Mods are not compatible if they all include an own language file which contains the file localisation.loc. Therefore this mod aims to create an universal localisation.loc file that can be used to make as many mods as possible compatible. Then you can see all custom unit names, descriptions and other texts from the included mods.

You can switch your language in the Steam options of Attila. If you switch to English, then all custom texts appear without the need of the UPC. This is because only the English language file system can directly read the custom texts from our mods. All other languages ignore the included custom texts. Therefore we make this UPC project. Each language needs a separate UPC language version.

I will update the UPC with new orignal vanilla texts from future official patches and DLCs.

The UPC doesn't contain any mods and you must download the mods from the related sites. It contains only the custom texts of the included mods.

Please note that not all mods in each language are translated, but all custom entries are included in English and you can see at least English texts.

There is a little rule in the UPC history. "It is better to see at least an English text, as there would be otherwise just a blank text."

UPC Team and current language/localization support

Current localization version

- localization compatible with the latest patch and all DLCs

Swiss Halberdier
    (Leader)
    DramaBelli (Co-Leader - retired)

Current language support

German translated by Swiss Halberdier (additional translation by Knobloff and Moozipan)
    Italian translated by DramaBelli
    Czech translated by Radious
    French
    translated by Yoyo80 and Shoryn
    Spanish
    translated by Cpt. Cortes and cachulfaian
    Russian translated by 633 - Totalwars.ru
    Polish translated by reffan
    Turkish translated by Nizam - Total War Turkiye community

Special thanks to RedOctaNe02 for some text fixes.

Thanks to all translators for their very valuable contributions!

Thanks a lot to SilentResident for her UPC-ATT Banner.

Current mods support

Information for players

Please choose your language and read the installation instructions.

Please note that not all mods in each language are fully translated yet, but all entries are included in English.

There is a little rule in the UPC history. "It is better to see at least an English text, as there would be otherwise just a blank text."

Information for modders

The UPC project is fully free and you can use it for your own mod as a base. Please give credits if you use the UPC.

If you want to be included in this project, then please upload your exported TSV file with just your related entries here on the thread. We will include your entries as soon as possible into the next version.

Installation

Download, unpack and place the file in your Attila data folder here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Attila\data

Please check if there is more than one UPC_*.pack file in your data folder. If there are other custom language files from mods in this folder, then you have to delete them as they would conflict.

The UPC file doesn't show up in the official Mod launcher and there is no Mod Manager needed to activate the mod.

The UPC file is a special Movie type format file which loads automatically if you put the UPC file into your data folder.

Enjoy UPC-ATT
    Swiss Halberdier

Downloads

UPDATED ALL LANGUAGE FILES - 30.5.2018

UPC language files

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Attila (UPC-ATT) - (Released 20.2.2015)

Hello UPC-ATT users,

I released the first version of the UPC-ATT.

Thanks to Radious (Czech) and Dramabelli (Italian) for their translation of my unit.

Cheers and enjoy UPC-ATT
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Attila (UPC-ATT) - (Released 20.2.2015)

Hello UPC-ATT users,

you probably heard about the new DLC "Longbeards" which comes out on 5. March. If a new patch or DLC comes out, then there are mostly new lines in the vanilla language files included. This time are for sure new entries included as it's a DLC with new units and other new vanilla lines.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Attila (UPC-ATT) - (updated 25.2.2015)

Hello UPC-ATT users,

I updated the UPC-ATT with the upcoming release of Radious Unit Packs and my AUM-ATT 1.1.

New mods included:

Radious Total Units Mod by Radious
    Additional Units Mod - Attila (AUM-ATT) by Swiss Halberdier
    Viking Factions custom units by Zaskar70

Thanks a lot to Radious (Czech), DramaBelli (Italian), Nizam (Turkish), Cpt. Cortes (Spanish) and Yoyo80 (French) for their valuable translation efforts. I did the German translations.

Cheers and enjoy UPC-ATT
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Attila (UPC-ATT) - (updated 27.2.2015)

Hello UPC-ATT users,

just a small update because of my AUM-ATT 1.1. It adds short text descriptions to my units (hoover the mouse directly over the unit name). The translations will follow.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Attila (UPC-ATT) - (updated 27.2.2015)

Hello UPC-ATT users,

I updated the UPC-ATT with the upcoming releases of these unit packs:

Thanks a lot to Radious (Czech), DramaBelli (Italian), Nizam (Turkish), Cpt. Cortes (Spanish) and Yoyo80 (French) for their valuable translation efforts. I did the German translations.

You can fully use the UPC-ATT until I updated it to the new patch/DLC. But like always you will not see the new unit names of the DLC units in your language until I released the UPC-ATT with the new patch/DLC content.

Cheers and enjoy UPC-ATT
    Swiss Halberdier

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Attila (UPC-ATT) - (updated 4.3.2015)

Rock on the Swiss is baaack!

upc has a conflict with the new dlc, no unit names & texts are displayed. (german version)

BUT only for the new units ...

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    Rock on the Swiss is baaack!
    Thanks a lot for your overall help my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tark_24 View Post
    upc has a conflict with the new dlc, no unit names & texts are displayed. (german version)
    BUT only for the new units ...
    I don't have any problems with my latest UPC-German file. Please re-download the UPC_German.pack file.

Please check if there is more than one UPC_*.pack file in your Attila data folder. If there is more than one UPC or another custom created language file, then you have to delete them as they would conflict each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post

I don't have any problems with my latest UPC-German file. Please re-download the UPC_German.pack file.

Please check if there is more than one UPC_*.pack file in your Attila data folder. If there is more than one UPC or another custom created language file, then you have to delete them as they would conflict each other.
    yeah thats it, my upc was not updated ...
    thanks Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Attila (UPC-ATT) - (updated 9.3.2015)

Hello UPC-ATT users,

I updated the UPC-ATT with the following mods.

Updated mod included:

New mod included:

Viking Forefathers DLC Reskin Unique Roster Expansion by XtrufrE

Thanks a lot to Radious (Czech), DramaBelli (Italian), Nizam (Turkish), Cpt. Cortes (Spanish), Yoyo80 and FréreAne (French) for their valuable translation efforts. I did the German translations.

Cheers and enjoy UPC-ATT
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Attila (UPC-ATT) - (updated 13.3.2015)

Hello UPC-ATT users,

I updated the UPC-ATT with the upcoming releases of these unit packs:

Updated mods included:

Thanks a lot to Radious (Czech), DramaBelli (Italian), Cpt. Cortes (Spanish), Yoyo80 (French) and Nizam (Turkish) for their valuable translation efforts. I did the German translations.

Cheers and enjoy UPC-ATT
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Attila (UPC-ATT) - (updated 13.3.2015)

Hello UPC-ATT users,

I re-uploaded the Italian and French versions with some fixes. Thanks a lot to DramaBelli (Italian) and Yoyo80 (French).

Cheers and enjoy UPC-ATT
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Attila (UPC-ATT) - (updated 16.3.2015)

Hello UPC-ATT users,

I updated the UPC-ATT with the upcoming releases of this unit pack:

Thanks a lot to Radious (Czech), DramaBelli (Italian), Cpt. Cortes (Spanish), Yoyo80 (French) and Nizam (Turkish) for their valuable translation efforts. I did the German translations and fixed some entries too.

Cheers and enjoy UPC-ATT
    Swiss Halberdier

Russian translated by U633
    93Radious+10_Vik+5aum_Rus
    https://yadi.sk/d/0uzl6qLZfFcCv

Quote Originally Posted by 633 View Post
    Russian translated by U633
    93Radious+10_Vik+5aum_Rus
    https://yadi.sk/d/0uzl6qLZfFcCv
    Thanks a lot for your Russian translation and it's very appreciated.

I updated the official UPC-ATT with the new Russian translation.

updated
    93Radious+10Vik+5aum_Ru
    https://yadi.sk/d/jpUNb62mfHbdT

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast