Thread: PFM 3.5.2 - Updated string handling

Default Re: PFM 3.5.1 - Attila support

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIO_XXX ULPIA View Post
    Same problem for me!
    and here...

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Save files aren't .packs, they're ESFs. You need EditSF to open them.
    Oof... Thanks Still completely new to warscape so didnt know that
    Please excuse my noobness

EDIT:: Nvm

EDIT 2::
    Getting an error when trying to load this up on my surface tablet for smaller file editing.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by RandomSarmartian; February 23, 2015 at 02:55 PM.

RoninX2807's Avatar Senator

does somebody know where the loc-Tables are for the french Attila version. pfm cant find them in local_fr.pack
    there seems no text\db path included.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomice_158 View Post
    Sorry for repeating this, but could someone explain this error?
    I get it when starting PFM 3.5.1., the net framework is updated. I could use PFM 3.2 for Rome2 before on this system.
    The german text means: "The value is not supposed to be zero"

http://i.imgur.com/9hQodHH.jpg

Is Rome II path in the gamedirs.txt file?
    It gets set as the default game to be edited when started, or when you previously used a mod for Rome II it will set it to that.

I'll try to include a fix for this.
    For now, if you don't have Rome II at all, it should work to just enter the Attila path to the "RTW" entry, if only to start up PFM once and set the edited game to Attila.
    Last edited by daniu; February 24, 2015 at 04:59 AM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

hi bro im preety new modder ....thnx to ur PFM 3.1....but i heard the patch is going to relese so how can i update with the relative patch??....will we be getting a new PMF or we have to change the whole db charts and all.....plz help big issue for me atleast....

Hmmmm.... It can't open Land_Units, and the other files seem to have somewhat bugged support in saving at the moment, even if they read fine.

A good portion of the games data is readable, but it will be a bit longer before we will be able to finalize our Atilla Mods.

Is Rome II path in the gamedirs.txt file?
    It gets set as the default game to be edited when started, or when you previously used a mod for Rome II it will set it to that.

I'll try to include a fix for this.
    For now, if you don't have Rome II at all, it should work to just enter the Attila path to the "RTW" entry, if only to start up PFM once and set the edited game to Attila.
    thanks for ur help bro now i can edit

Quote Originally Posted by *** RoYaL sPaRtAn GuArD *** View Post
    i heard the patch is going to relese so how can i update with the relative patch??....will we be getting a new PMF or we have to change the whole db charts and all.....
    You will be getting updates for the db schemas.
    PFM will automatically check if new updates are available if you chose that setting (Options->Update on Startup).
    This will update both PFM if a new version is available, or just the schema if only the db schemas were updated.

You can also manually search for new updates under Help->Search for Updates.

Actually, you may want to do so now if you don't have autoupdate selected, I just uploaded a new schema with input from Magnar who provided names for some columns in ancillary_tables.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I get massive virus scan from that PFM and everything was deleted! Damn Norton.

Mitch/Daniu, I have a question about the tables in Attila and if one could hypothetically edit them. I noticed there isn't the region_unit_resource_requirement column in main_units in Attila. There is still a region_unit_resource table, but it has no new entries since Caesar in Gaul.

My question is: Do you think it would be possible to graft the region_unit_resource_requirement column onto the Attila rawdb file / schema? Specifically (in the main_units rawdb of Rome 2): <region_unit_resource_requirement>Auxilia_Sabaean</region_unit_resource_requirement> or entries like that?

I noticed in the rawdb that not all entries in it have the region_unit_resource_requirement entry. My thinking is perhaps the code behind it is latent, and if we can simply put it back in the main_units table it will 're-activate' itself. We'll still have to populate the map with unit resources, but it looked like with daniu's editESF there is still a blank entry for region's unit resources in attila.

I am getting an Attila crash whenever I modify the melee weapons table, and a freeze on start up when making a mod which modifies the effects to effect bundles junctions table.

I have done extensive testing just to make sure that it isn't just a value I am putting in crashing the game (I cannot make mod with the default files cannot be made to work when saved with PFM in regards to these specific tables, regardless of what I name the tables.)

I hope this information helps.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Mitch/Daniu, I have a question about the tables in Attila and if one could hypothetically edit them. I noticed there isn't the region_unit_resource_requirement column in main_units in Attila. There is still a region_unit_resource table, but it has no new entries since Caesar in Gaul.

My question is: Do you think it would be possible to graft the region_unit_resource_requirement column onto the Attila rawdb file / schema? Specifically (in the main_units rawdb of Rome 2): <region_unit_resource_requirement>Auxilia_Sabaean</region_unit_resource_requirement> or entries like that?

I noticed in the rawdb that not all entries in it have the region_unit_resource_requirement entry. My thinking is perhaps the code behind it is latent, and if we can simply put it back in the main_units table it will 're-activate' itself. We'll still have to populate the map with unit resources, but it looked like with daniu's editESF there is still a blank entry for region's unit resources in attila.
    One of the unknown columns in main_units in the Attila DB is a region_unit_resources key, but they aren't used in vanilla so they are all blank. I don't know which one.

Is it easy to find out which, or do we have to wait until they release the mod-tools? When I did a really amateur hour test I assigned some unit resource (Auxilia_whatever) to Limitanei, first in the unknown0 and then unknown15 and unknown16 columns. It didn't cause a CTD but it also didn't apply to recruitment in the campaign - I could recruit a Limitanei I had assigned to a unit_resource. My assumption was "If I give it auxilia_sabaean" or whatever as a requirement then even if the campaign map doesn't have any unit resources assigned, the absence should mean I cannot recruit them anywhere.

Also unknown0, unknown15 and unknown16 show up in rome 2 already. But my assumption was it has to be a non binary checkbox column. Might be it can be the checkbox column, it just has to be set up in the schema to allow you to enter values rather than yes/no?

Quote Originally Posted by Walrusjones View Post
    I am getting an Attila crash whenever I modify the melee weapons table, and a freeze on start up when making a mod which modifies the effects to effect bundles junctions table.
    Try editing the schema of that table and retry. If you manage to find a set of field types that work, make sure you provide them to me so I can update the released schema for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Is it easy to find out which, or do we have to wait until they release the mod-tools?
    You'll have to try and error as it sounds like you did. I'm not sure if them releasing the mod tools will even help because those don't provide the schemas PFM needs. It will make it easier to have them for people to find out what is what though.

I'd like to stress again that I'm relying on people providing me with schema updates, as I don't mod myself.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Try editing the schema of that table and retry. If you manage to find a set of field types that work, make sure you provide them to me so I can update the released schema for everybody.
    So, simply alter the max version until I find one that works?

No worries Daniu, wasn't quite sure. I'm not familiar with schema editing but I will see if I can give it a whirl.

The problem I am encountering is if I replace a boolean or int table with <field fkey='region_unit_resources_tables.key' name='region_unit_resource_requirement' type='string_ascii' /> (or optstring), it won't let me load the table. Seems that you cannot convert a binary or number entry to string_ascii.

Which limits my options to unknown 0, 15, 16, 36, 37, or 38. It cannot be 36, 37 or 38. They are already occupied by entries (unknown35 seems to be culture, 37 something to do with stats, 38 is navy related).

I don't see 0, 15 or 16 being it because they existed in Vanilla. And trying to replace 15 or 16 as entries with <field fkey='region_unit_resources_tables.key' name='region_unit_resource_requirement' type='optstring_ascii' /> did not work.

Unless it's possible to switch a boolean or int entry to ascii strings, I'm not sure there'll be an entry for unit resources. Removing the f from fkey does let me load it, though. But then the game doesn't load, hangs up at the splash screen.
    Last edited by Ahiga; March 03, 2015 at 06:14 PM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

New melee weapons table

Code:
      <table table_name='melee_weapons_tables'
             table_version='7' >
        <field name='armour_penetrating' type='boolean' />
        <field name='armour_piercing' type='boolean' />
        <field name='bonus_v_elephants' type='int' />
        <field name='bonus_v_cavalry' type='int' />
        <field name='bonus_v_infantry' type='int' />
        <field name='key' type='string_ascii' pk='true' />
        <field name='damage' type='int' />
        <field name='ap_damage' type='int' />
        <field name='first_strike' type='int' />
        <field name='shield_piercing' type='boolean' />
        <field name='weapon_length' type='float' />
        <field name='melee_weapon_type' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='audio_material' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='unknown13' type='float' />
      </table>

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

After the last patch i can't work on the melee weapon table...it's empty

Edit: i just saw Magnar post...I'm almost new to modding and i don't know what i have to do...have i to wait a new update or can i manually upadate PFM?

Edit 2: Ok, I just figured out how to do, i manually copy and past the code posted by Magar in the master schema...thanks Magnar
    Last edited by Cesco; March 04, 2015 at 10:28 AM.
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Verzione's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    New melee weapons table

Code:
      <table table_name='melee_weapons_tables'
             table_version='7' >
        <field name='armour_penetrating' type='boolean' />
        <field name='armour_piercing' type='boolean' />
        <field name='bonus_v_elephants' type='int' />
        <field name='bonus_v_cavalry' type='int' />
        <field name='bonus_v_infantry' type='int' />
        <field name='key' type='string_ascii' pk='true' />
        <field name='damage' type='int' />
        <field name='ap_damage' type='int' />
        <field name='first_strike' type='int' />
        <field name='shield_piercing' type='boolean' />
        <field name='weapon_length' type='float' />
        <field name='melee_weapon_type' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='audio_material' type='string_ascii' />
        <field name='unknown13' type='float' />
      </table>
    Could you update building_levels_tables as well? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Verzione View Post
    Could you update building_levels_tables as well? Thanks!
    This please