Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 3.5.2 - Updated string handling

Default Re: PFM 3.5.0 - Attila support

I'm sure the master_scema.xmls that comes with the 3.5 download is the one that causes errors as it always fails to update... I'd noticed I was getting a lot up update fails a few days ago but I put it down to my internet connection as steam was also randomly dropping out.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Daniu, I just emailed you some data. Let me know if you need anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    @ FrereAne, try deleting shema46 and the files that are inside it (I mentioned them above) and then running PFM.
    This was what it be done ( without my action or i have deleted by "inadvertence" the shema46 folder in the zip file ) since it is no more in folder ( shema46 folder ) program seems work ( as far i test it ) normaly .
    The other file mentioned are still in but seems not to bring problem .( i signal that i have a folder shema46 in the upper dirrectory , it may not be a matter but it is )
    Last edited by FréreAne; February 18, 2015 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FréreAne View Post
    This was what it be done ( without my action or i have deleted by "inadvertence" the shema46 folder in the zip file ) since it is no more in folder ( shema46 folder ) program seems work ( as far i test it ) normaly .
    The other file mentioned are still in but seems not to bring problem .( i signal that i have a folder shema46 in the upper dirrectory , it may not be a matter but it is )
    not sure i understand you.

in your PFM folder you have the Shema46 rar file (or it might be a zip), if you looks inside that you see the maxVersions_xxx files (4 of them) and the master_schema files. Those files are also in the PFM folder, so delete them as well as the Shema46. When you run the program it will/should update properly.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

It work ( afat ) with only the supression of the ( zipped ) shema46 folder , the other files are still in pfm3.5 folder and it seems work ( i have no more the 3 error messages that i had mentionned , followed by a non display of the pfm main window ( like ctd )).
    For the update , i don't know...( edit: effectivly it said that it failed to ...)
    But when having supressed all the file mentionned ( but the 5 maxVer (not 4 only ) and master ) have bring in a earlier try to have :
    the program was effectivly launched ( got the pfm Windows but when load mod got most file in db in red and so be unabble to edit them ).
    I suppose that it have to keep at least one maxVer***.xml the one for rome2 that is effectly used ( as you have mentionned it ) and that migth be the mistake ( fast reading ) .
    But having the other one don't seems to bring the problem earlierly uncountered.

Edit : having supressed them ( 4 and master ) have bring to have a we have to create shema pop up and
    the restoration of the 5 maxver and master and the shema46 folder and the pfm was launched with no
    error message at all , and since seems work perfectly , THANKS A LOT.
    Last edited by FréreAne; February 18, 2015 at 08:59 AM.

Anyone else having problems opening a factions table in the db?

Yeah, the factions table doesn't open for me. Other tables, such as land_units, seem to work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lnrd907 View Post
    Anyone else having problems opening a factions table in the db?
    i have just trying to open faction_groups(_tables) and faction_to_faction_groups(_tables) and it work for me ....
    Last edited by FréreAne; February 18, 2015 at 09:22 AM.

I get the attached message whenever I try to open the factions_table. All the other tables I've tried work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails factions_table.jpg  

crawe, I didn't get your email yet... once I did I'll try to repair the schema_ update file.
    Until then, you can edit the master_schema, find factions_tables version 14, change the last item from unknown2 to unknown54.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Hi,

How can I edit the technologies_tables? I want to change the research rate.

I Changed the values on the "research_points_requeried" column but it won't take effect.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    crawe, I didn't get your email yet... once I did I'll try to repair the schema_ update file.
    Until then, you can edit the master_schema, find factions_tables version 14, change the last item from unknown2 to unknown54.
    Strange, I emailed you via this site. If you pm me your email address and I can send it direct to you.

Thanks for that - just edited the factions_table as you suggested and it now works fine.
    Last edited by crawe1; February 18, 2015 at 10:37 AM.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Thank you Daniu.

Edit: I downloaded and now I'm getting all sorts of error messages when I try to open multiple PFM windows. Do you know what the problem could be?
    Last edited by Sebidee; February 18, 2015 at 11:34 AM.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by cutsi View Post
    How can I edit the technologies_tables? I want to change the research rate.
    I Changed the values on the "research_points_requeried" column but it won't take effect.
    It's possible the schema isn't quite right for all tables; some didn't effect before they were corrected, so that may be a problem.
    Won't be able to help with individual tables though, you'll have to do that yourself or wait until someone else figures it out

Quote Originally Posted by crawe1 View Post
    Strange, I emailed you via this site. If you pm me your email address and I can send it direct to you.
    Can't you upload it somewhere, mediafire or dropbox? That would be best.
    Come to think of it, if you have a directory from which you start PFM and get those errors, could you just zip the whole folder and upload it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    I downloaded and now I'm getting all sorts of error messages when I try to open multiple PFM windows. Do you know what the problem could be?
    That really depends on the error messages...
    I'd assume "file already in use" sort of things which happens if you try to open the same pack file in several instances (which is a bad idea to begin with tbh).
    Other than that, not sure what could go wrong. Opening PFM a few times worked fine here just now.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    That really depends on the error messages...
    I'd assume "file already in use" sort of things which happens if you try to open the same pack file in several instances (which is a bad idea to begin with tbh).
    Other than that, not sure what could go wrong. Opening PFM a few times worked fine here just now.
    First this:

Then this:

If I try to update then it says not update and goes to the next error, pressing no goes to the next error too.

And then nothing happens.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    First this:
    [...]
    And then nothing happens.
    that sounds like the error the other are havin.
    please zip the installation folder and appdata/local/packfilemanager and upload them somewhere for me to analyse.
    then delete your schema files as suggested in the posts above and retry.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

thnx a lot ..... by ur help i made my first battle camera mod but u need to help me for the update ...... and how can i upload in TWC

FIXED - Failed to load DBE error on startup of PFM

Delete the following file from the PFM folder

master_schema
    maxVersions_STW
    maxVersions_ATW
    maxVersions_ETW
    maxVersions_NTW
    maxVersions_R2TW

Turns out my previous method of also deleting the schema_46 and replacing it with schema_45 wasn't really doing anything and it was just a coincidence as it was deleting those files xml files that were resolving the issue.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Balbor, got your .zip with the corrupted install, thanks a lot, found the problem I hope.
    Deleting master_schema.xml before update should suffice to work around it. I'll have to provide a fixed PFM software to fix it entirely.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

i have made a mod so how can i upload ??? its my first mod ever thanks to your pack file manager