Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 3.5.2 - Updated string handling

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: PFM 3.5.0 - Attila support

All praise the Community Stalwart Daniu!!! Yesh! What would we do without you?!

Okies, I was able to run the new PFM 3.5 once and opened up Attila to take a look inside. I want to post up at least a rudimentary Playable Factions faction-unlocker mod soon haha.

However, on second go of opening it up again, I'm getting the following error message, something to do with ModManager. I'll try uninstalling ModManager, uninstalling PFM3.5 and doing it over on a blank slate.

Here are three error messages.

ERROR MESSAGE #1

ERROR MESSAGE #2

ERROR MESSAGE #3

Note: I've long had an issue with PFM never updating itself for me. Hopefully, this will get fixed.

Anyways, I can't do much, without the tools working. As soon as the tools start working, I'll be crafting a Playable Factions mod unlocker for all the rest of the factions. There are even Magyars on the map, in the far east! Also, finally, the Sassanids and Arabs look different from each other. Overall, even in Prologue, the colors are a bit more vibrant, not a paste of yellow I remember from Rome 2. Also, battles seem much more difficult, for some reason. Mostly though I think it's just first-tier units with low health, armor, and morale.

Anyways, I'll be doing a Prologue and Hun campaign let's play on my youtube channel, Turan Khan. I just recently covered Grey Goo, brand-spanking new RTS game. I'm planning to do more LPs, working backwards, covering the Wrath of Sparta, probably as Sparta or Corinth. Then, Imperator Augustus which I didn't really play start to finish. Then, finish or just redo Hannibal at the Gates as Hannibal, and lastly Caesar in Gaul, the only campaign I finished, start to finish, as Caesar.

Best,
    TG/TK
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; February 17, 2015 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jthewonder View Post
    Can't get it to work. I extract the files into a folder, run the PFM and then i get the same error that Slashas did, however the workaround isn't working in my case unfortunately. The only TW game i have installed is Attila, and the gamedirs.txt has is listed aswell.

Also daniu if you're looking for trading cards i can give you a few for free, feels like the least i can do to thank you for your awesome work over the years.

Edit: Removed this folder C:\Users\Jthewonder\AppData\Local\PackFileManager and now it seems to be working. Im still getting an error when opening it, but im able to fiddle around with the tabbles just fine.
    Edit2: It only worked once apparently, now im getting errors despite removing the folder mentioned above.
    I found a possible work around,

i deleted schema_46 and the maxVersions_xxx files and the master_schema, then put the schema_45 in and ran it, no errors this time and it loaded up an existing pack file

the schema_46 has now reapeared, but its still loading without errors
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Quote Originally Posted by TuranianGhazi View Post
    All praise the Community Stalwart Daniu!!! Yesh! What would we do without you?!

Okies, I was able to run the new PFM 3.5 once and opened up Attila to take a look inside. I want to post up at least a rudimentary Playable Factions faction-unlocker mod soon haha.

However, on second go of opening it up again, I'm getting the following error message, something to do with ModManager. I'll try uninstalling ModManager, uninstalling PFM3.5 and doing it over on a blank slate.

Here are three error messages.

ERROR MESSAGE #1

ERROR MESSAGE #2

ERROR MESSAGE #3

Note: I've long had an issue with PFM never updating itself for me. Hopefully, this will get fixed.

Anyways, I can't do much, without the tools working. As soon as the tools start working, I'll be crafting a Playable Factions mod unlocker for all the rest of the factions. There are even Magyars on the map, in the far east! Also, finally, the Sassanids and Arabs look different from each other. Overall, even in Prologue, the colors are a bit more vibrant, not a paste of yellow I remember from Rome 2. Also, battles seem much more difficult, for some reason. Mostly though I think it's just first-tier units with low health, armor, and morale.

Anyways, I'll be doing a Prologue and Hun campaign let's play on my youtube channel, Turan Khan. I just recently covered Grey Goo, brand-spanking new RTS game. I'm planning to do more LPs, working backwards, covering the Wrath of Sparta, probably as Sparta or Corinth. Then, Imperator Augustus which I didn't really play start to finish. Then, finish or just redo Hannibal at the Gates as Hannibal, and lastly Caesar in Gaul, the only campaign I finished, start to finish, as Caesar.

Best,
    TG/TK
    I found a possible work around,

i deleted schema_46 and the maxVersions_xxx files and the master_schema, then put the schema_45 in and ran it, no errors this time and it loaded up an existing pack file

you'll need to download the schema_45, there is a link for that on the old TWR2 PFM front page
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Oh thanks, Balbor!

I'll give that solution a try

Unfortunately they did not fix the ships! They are unedittable. No more than 160 men per ship is possible. The rest is put in the middle of the map on the sea molten altogether in one place.
    He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts...for support rather than illumination.

Hey if anyone else is having issues opening the editor after downloading the latest version simply unpack the included "schema" zip file (schema_46.zip i believe) to wherever ur pfm files are and let it overwrite, this solved my issues with startup errors.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Moonflower View Post
    Hey if anyone else is having issues opening the editor after downloading the latest version simply unpack the included "schema" zip file (schema_46.zip i believe) to wherever ur pfm files are and let it overwrite, this solved my issues with startup errors.
    Thank you. I was having the same error messages as those above and this solved my problem. Works great now!

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

I'm having a slight problem, when I go to add an empty directory I can't rename it the name stays as "empty" and when I save my pack it disappears entirely.

EDIT: The issue seems to be fixed by unpacking schema_46 as Moonflower said, it still won't show as re-named until you save though. Either that or extracting all.
    Last edited by Brivime; February 17, 2015 at 11:45 PM.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I repeat this : Is there a quick way to switch between Rome II and Attila?

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    I repeat this : Is there a quick way to switch between Rome II and Attila?
    Alt-Tab.
    Just kidding... You probably mean in PFM.
    Game menu.
    Last edited by daniu; February 18, 2015 at 01:45 AM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

THANGDACLAC's Avatar Civis

Thank so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    you'll need to download the schema_45, there is a link for that on the old TWR2 PFM front page
    It would be great if you could help me track that problem down; it doesn't happen for me so I'm having a hard time fixing it.

You do have Update at Startup enabled? (Sounds like, otherwise schema_46 would not reappear).
    Could you repeat the broken install (ie without deleting schema_46 and the *schema*xml files), and then provide me with those xml files? They seem to be the problem, but I don't see the issue on my end.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Balbor's fix has worked for me. I deleted schema_46, all maxVersions apart from Rome 2, and the master_schema. Then I ran it with schema_45. It's throwing up an update error message, but other than that appears to work just fine.

I have the same problem than the described one.

I notice that it work only the first time.( When it ask you for a STW( ? ) folder ).
    And after i ran in the 3 error message described by TuranianGhazi.
    I have try to unpack shema 46 , but the result is the same.

So i have to delete the whole folder , unzip it a new time , and it work once.

Edit : Now i have notice that it work a second time but this time for an unknown reason
    there is no more shema46 in the folder and it keep the trace of the folder .
    Last edited by FréreAne; February 18, 2015 at 03:58 AM.

The amount of people who have the problem and are not willing to help me fix it is astonishing.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

daniu: First of all huge congratulations and thanks a lot for your very valuable PFM work! Without you we modders couldn't do anything and you are our hero who lets us mod.

I downloaded and installed your new PFM and it works fine for me besides the "update failed" message.

It's just a suggestion and could it be that some players are having problems because they didn't install the latest Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2?

@daniu, at work currently but I'll give it a go when I get home. I'm guessing it was removing shema46 and the files I mentioned that caused the issue to resolve itself, using shema45 might of just been a coincidence. Also Magnar (VV mod) said he had no problems like others. He installs by extracting the new PFM into the old PFM folder, replacing the old files. He is also running on windows 8 while I'm on 7. I'll delete PFM when I get home, do you want the for mentioned files that are there when PFM errors?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

@ FrereAne, try deleting shema46 and the files that are inside it (I mentioned them above) and then running PFM.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    I downloaded and installed your new PFM and it works fine for me besides the "update failed" message.
    It's just a suggestion and could it be that some players are having problems because they didn't install the latest Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2?
    The "update failed" is very probably due to sourceforge.net acting up at the moment... they seem to have stability problems right now and take the site offline periodically.
    I'm developing on .net 4.0 myself, so a missing update to 4.5 should not be an issue. Not entirely sure how that is handled if both are installed though (which I have).

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    @I'll delete PFM when I get home, do you want the for mentioned files that are there when PFM errors?
    I'm not entirely sure what exactly I need, but the master_schema.xml and maxSchema_*.xmls would be a good start; for you they seem to get corrupted when updating.
    If I need more I'll let you know.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

good god, thanks for the pfm update mate
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze