View Poll Results: How do you rate Attila?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll

3 1.44%

0 0%

2 0.96%

4 1.92%

7 3.37%

7 3.37%

10 4.81%

25 12.02%

72 34.62%

61 29.33%

17 8.17%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How do you rate Attila?

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Default Re: How do you rate Attila?

9- easily
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Solid 8 most likely a 9 with some minor bug fixing and more optimization but its very stable (for me at least) wich when compared to rome 2 release, Attila is a PARADISE!! This game is 10x more immersive and has more depth than rome 2 even at emperor edition, family/diplomacy/others has way more layers than the rome 2 "politics" than was pretty much a placeholder of a former idea....
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

priam11's Avatar Campidoctor
    Toronto-Home of the crack smokin Robbie Ford

I am loving the crap out of this so far.

Now I just played only a hour before I had to go to work but I am back home early due*cough*malaria and/or plague and/or dysentery *cough* or whatever......

Really liking the politics, family tree and empire management. I actually love trying to figure out that part vs. the standard build armies, crush your enemies and hear the laminations of their women.

Will reserve a rating until further playtime.
    "Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.
    Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
    -George Carlin

I am loving it! I have started campaigns over and over to try and get the different faction experiences, and it is fun! On one campaign the ai actually saw that I was mobilizing for war near their border and attacked me! I was not even ready for it!

The campaign feels alive, very detailed, and a lot of stuff is going on. Vikings plundering and desolating regions in britain, raiding happening often, a lot of stuff is going on. When playing horde faction Eastern Romans (visigoth) will eventually catch up to you, and you gotta make a break for it!

Hasnt the game only just come out? How can you rate something after just a few hrs or so....?

My initial impressions are it's better than Rome2 but the performance issues are a real downer. I'll post a score when have done more...at this stage it's just impressions...

Somewhat of an unrealistic poll I think.

AlyssaFaden's Avatar Civis

This thread is quite heartening. I'll snag this one when it hits a sale later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaFaden View Post
    This thread is quite heartening. I'll snag this one when it hits a sale later this year.
    Well I got it for 50% off already...otherwise wouldnt have got it...

Spent a couple of hours with it so far and enjoyed it alot.Much more immersive feeling with actual interesting things to do!Ai seems fine no biggie problems.Only downside, and has been said, is the optimization but that was the same for R2 so I can wait for the updates and new drivers.Good 8/10

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Well the reception appears better than with Rome 2. However, TW games are long and this is that `honeymoon` period when faults tend to be ignored, so let`s see what the feeling is a week into the game...

You may not vote on this poll... okay...

Someone rate Attila a 8 in my name please

Loving the hell out of it.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I gave it a 9, guess I'm a hopeless fanboy

Glad to see many others are enjoying it as much as I am, and I've only scratched the surface. Seems CA has really stepped up, Rome 2 was no easy ride for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Well the reception appears better than with Rome 2. However, TW games are long and this is that `honeymoon` period when faults tend to be ignored, so let`s see what the feeling is a week into the game...
    thats quite a way to try undermine this game from the start, previous games had that "honeymoon" period and that didn't stoped people from spoting the good and the bad right out of the bat....... for newcommers yes, that might apply, for veterans like me that standed with this franchise since day 1, we can spot the good, the bad and the ugly with few hours poured, by checking and double checking the features and so on........ This game isn't perfect and no TW will be, but if we're capable to bash for bad release (rome 2) from day 1, we can give credit when due (Attila), honeymoon or no honeymoon

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Can't vote yet. Stuck at work. Really want to go home now.

Wait...did TWC just give positive day 1 impressions!?!?

This...was not what I expected; however it's great to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    thats quite a way to try undermine this game from the start, previous games had that "honeymoon" period and that didn't stoped people from spoting the good and the bad right out of the bat....... for newcommers yes, that might apply, for veterans like me that standed with this franchise since day 1, we can spot the good, the bad and the ugly with few hours poured, by checking and double checking the features and so on........ This game isn't perfect and no TW will be, but if we're capable to bash for bad release (rome 2) from day 1, we can give credit when due (Attila), honeymoon or no honeymoon
    erm no I think he is being realistic. This poll should really have come after at least a few days....how many votes are by people who just play for a bit and think wow it's great and give it a 9...

And a few hrs you can judge the entire game...? Sorry but I need a lot longer to discover things...

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    erm no I think he is being realistic. This poll should really have come after at least a few days....how many votes are by people who just play for a bit and think wow it's great and give it a 9...

And a few hrs you can judge the entire game...? Sorry but I need a lot longer to discover things...
    Well, he`s in his `honeymoon` period. I can forgive him.
    But you are exactly right. Many of Rome 2`s reviews were giving 80-90% after only a few hours play. How easy people forget that it takes a little time to really get the measure of a TW game.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

About a 7 or an 8 so far. But, I honestly don't feel like I can adequately rate it yet though since I haven't finished at least one campaign yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post

this isn't a RPG like skyrim or DA:O that you need days to see what it offers overall....... TW if you played previous games and on this case rome 2 (by wich this game is built upon and shares so much) you don't need too much to have clear idea of what you got, 10h or so later you've good idea. but thats what it is for NOW......days later yes opinions can change depending on what CA fixes or breaks. making analogy to rome 2 release than who trashed the game on day 1 "was not realist" or people aren't realistic when they give credit or positive impression?

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Well, he`s in his `honeymoon` period. I can forgive him.
    But you are exactly right. Many of Rome 2`s reviews were giving 80-90% after only a few hours play. How easy people forget that it takes a little time to really get the measure of a TW game.
    No, i'm just a gamer and fair person......... i don't jump into bandwagons or eternal hater or fan of conspiracies (psssssssssh its because of consoles........)...... I don't take sides, so i forgive who gets bothered by this.

I'm really surprised by the reaction here. I haven't seen anything this positive since Shogun 2, and initially I think the reaction is better than it was even for that game. As for me, I can't rate it. I don't have a copy and it is unlikely I will get one for a few days yet. I'm getting it for free as a birthday present, so that's a bonus.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast