Thread: Vini, Vici, Voce Roma (we came, we saw, we conquered) :Rise of Rome~

Default Vini, Vici, Voce Roma (we came, we saw, we conquered) :Rise of Rome~

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_heights.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	321184

Name:	kingdoms 2015-02-16 16-04-42-85.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	321185

Name:	kingdoms 2015-02-16 16-04-29-07.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	321186

Name:	kingdoms 2015-02-16 16-04-21-53.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	321187

this is a mod which is about the earliest rise of Rome,
    starting with just a small town and the rest of Italy mostly independent, villages, and small towns only
    Greece will be strong and built up
    Factions:

Italian:

Romans
    Etruscans

Greek:
    Athens
    Sparta
    Makedon
    Syracuase
    Troy

and possibly like two more

Also:
    Carthage
    the Persian Empire
    The Ptolemaic Dynasty

most of the map will consist of non-playable rebel factions such as Thracian and Dacian and Germanic tribes but the mod is really about building up Italy and conquering all of Greece
    the menus and whatever else previewed is very preliminary I am just starting on this today~
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; February 23, 2015 at 01:43 PM.

Default Re: Adventus Roma: Rise of Rome~

Have you considered helping out EB2? It's somewhat like your intended mod, and they need workers.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Have you considered helping out EB2? It's somewhat like your intended mod, and they need workers.
    let the right person approach me and I will certainly be open to the idea! Frankly K/T it would be a whole lot easier to contribute to an already advanced project like EB2 than start from scratch by myself!~ but see the thing is I do not mind starting from scratch on my own in actuality cause were where any of those modders offering help when I lacked skills, it was the same old "Talking down to me" about learning to do it yourself! (which I did) and will continue to do!
    Ya I received a request to work on that mod several months ago but ignored it, not because I do not admire their work or respect them as modders, but because of my early modding experiences I feel it best to work alone~ but more importantly yes I would consider it now as correct you are~ in citing the similarities

buildings will be simple:

town

fishing villiage (allows for basic seagoing operations)
    trading Square ( allows for basic trade operations)
    small Shrine (allows for simple worship)
    Dirt Roads ( allows for basic infra-structure of movement for the military and trade )
    Basic Barracks (allows for limited recruitment of basic units, two recruitment slots)
    Patricians Manor (allows for basic residences for the Aristocracy, needed to upgrade your settlements but pop. growth bonus given)
    Small Plebeian Apartments( basic living area for the common pheasant which you will need to upgrade your settlement but they will give a pop growth bonus)

Large town

trading port (expanded sea trade and ability)
    Large market (expanded trade)
    Large Shrine (larger worship place)
    Paved roads (EXPANDED INFRA STRUCTURE FOR MOVEMENT)
    Large Barracks (expanded recruitment, now four slots)
    Large Patricians Manor ( better "digs" for the Aristocracy again needed to upgrade your settlement but pop bonus given)
    Large Plebeians apartments (more residential space for the pheasants again needed to upgrade your settlement but pop growth bonus given again)

City

Merchant and Foreign point of Entry port (advanced sea/military operations and allows increased foreign and domestic trade)
    Emporium ( advanced trade center)
    Legionary Barracks (advanced recruitment of all units and which now produce Archer and Cavalry units, recruitment slots are six)
    Patricians Villa ( most lavish homes for the Aristocracy)
    Plebeians quarter ( whole neighborhoods and large parts of the city designated for the common Pheasants dwellings and means of livelihood, needed to build Arena, Emporium, public baths , Aqueduct, circus maximus, Amphitheater and all temples)
    Arena (hosts Gladiatorial spectacles)
    Amphitheater (host plays, poetry and philosophy recitals, political orations and the like)
    Circus Maximus (hosts Chariot races)
    Public baths ( public bathing and Semi "spa" and "gym" like building catering to both Patrician and Plebeian alike)
    Aqueduct (water infra- structure network for the settlement)
    And about nine different temples ( advanced worship, one for each major deity)

there will be no castles and settlements will "cap out at city"
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; February 18, 2015 at 01:41 AM.

Name:	map_regions.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	321222

this the map regions so far, I am open and thinking about enlarging the ma eastward to include the rest of the mediterranean like this:

Name:	map_heights.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	321223

of course the final map will be more accurate this was just done up quickly to articulate my concept and factions would look like this:

Name:	map_eights.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	321224

Hello! I've always been interested in a Rise of Rome scenario. Are you planning on depicting the Romans before the Camillan reforms when they still had the Servian Army System?

Example in the top row here:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Hello! I've always been interested in a Rise of Rome scenario. Are you planning on depicting the Romans before the Camillan reforms when they still had the Servian Army System?

Example in the top row here:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    no I haven`t even thought about units yet, but this is a very helpful piece of info when I begin on units~

Centenarius

The map looks very promising! good luck Druvatar
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    The map looks very promising! good luck Druvatar
    thank you! Warcraft,

the only help I need on this is possibly someone who can "script" for some y/n events and some added game play dynamics, such as the ai getting big time re-enforcements in the late game, it is a real bummer when u get strong and r ready to "brawl" almost all factions r depleted and weak in comparison

Default Re: Vini, Vici, Voce Roma (we came, we saw, we conquered) :Rise of Rome~

some preliminary campaign Menus for the Romans, Etruscans, and Syracusians

Name:	kingdoms 2015-02-23 11-38-51-03.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	321565

Default Re: Vini, Vici, Voce Roma (we came, we saw, we conquered) :Rise of Rome~

Nice!

Paeninsula Italica is also pretty good for reference since you seem to be doing a time period close to it?

I think that can add map Eurpean and Asia for this mod I see it is very good but I think that Ytalia can are Roman Empire (SPQR) is better

Foederatus

Hello Druvatar De Bodemloze

This looks a brilliant mod, good luck with it, I hope it gets completed and I'm looking forward to playing it when it's finished, this is one of my favourite periods of history.

Some research material which might help:

Books

Greece and Rome at War - By Peter Connolly
    Early Roman Armies - By Nicholas Sekunda (Osprey Men at Arms 283)
    Early Roman Warrior 753-321BC - By Nic Fields (Osprey Warrior 156)
    The Beginnings of Rome: Italy and Rome from the Bronze Age to the Punic Wars (c.1000-264 BC) (The Routledge History of the Ancient World) - By Tim Cornell

Also there seems to be loads of info on Wikipedia.

Best of luck with the mod.