Thread: Need help with the install

Default Need help with the install

Hey, I'm having some trouble understanding how to fully install this mod. So far, I have gotten to here
    http://gyazo.com/8e296d7a96c87fd25a306af9f8ca36d2
    What now? I don't see a .exe to launch

Default Re: Need help with the install

Run the .bat (batch) file, the one with the little gears in its icon. If you are using the mod with the steam version of medieval 2, right click -> edit the .bat file and change kingdoms.exe to medieval2.exe since the latest steam patches merged the kingdoms launcher into the medieval2 one and it wont launch without the change.

Thank you for helping.
    Ok, so I changed it to this - http://gyazo.com/f2e85305c4cc887caf67124a7ec32f90
    After that, I saved the notepad then i tried to run the batch file.
    This is what happens: http://gyazo.com/7798794cb7a9e260a5e01b0c20c61d0e
    Please help

Reinstall the mod, during part 2 of the installation make sure it points to \Medieval II Total War\mods\expanded_americas3.3\data, not just \Medieval II Total War\mods\expanded_americas3.3 like part 1 did. If that doesn't solve it I'm not sure sorry, but that was what caused that problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Minigrinch View Post
    Reinstall the mod, during part 2 of the installation make sure it points to \Medieval II Total War\mods\expanded_americas3.3\data, not just \Medieval II Total War\mods\expanded_americas3.3 like part 1 did. If that doesn't solve it I'm not sure sorry, but that was what caused that problem for me.

Hi, after searching and searching for days I finally find myself fortunate to end up in here were someone, had the EXACT same problem as me and now I'm sure I will be understood.
    I've been trying to install the 1143 Portuguese Mod and I have had the exact same issue with the black screen appearing and disappearing.Basically what the command prompt lines say is something like this:

C:\ Program Files <x86>\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War>kingdoms.exe
    @1143.cfg
    'kingdoms.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

I did what you said about changing it to medieval2.exe but no difference. The 1143 mod has it's own installation launcher and by default leads you to the Sega/Medieval 2 file, this must have been the old method of back in the days when people would use the disk version and not Steam. Anyways my first attempt was to install the mod into the Medieval 2 Total War file because the installation instructions gave me the impression that that is were it should end up. but didn't work. Then I uninstalled and installed it more specifically in the mods folder but still same result.
    Apparently all these issues are CA's doing from what I understood from this link:
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...7-2014-update?.

One of the instructions CA gives for example is to direct the mod into the mods folder, however I realised this shouldn't be done with the 1143 mod because when I did so I saw a mod folder, within the mod folder that leads you to the 1143 file, so I think it's best for it to go to the main Medieval 2 file as the this mod creates a separate file of its own automatically.How ever what needs to be done to solve this problem is to configure the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS just like CA tells you to. I had already tried that method before because I run into someone in Youtube but he gave the wrong things you're supposed to type, however without changing anything in with kingdoms.exe etc.. I managed to make the mod work just by doing what CA said so you do this in the Launch options: --features.mod=mods/name_of_the_mod_folder
    So what I did was: --features.mod=mods/1143 for my mod, just type the name of the folder exactly as you see it in your files.
    Then you launch Medieval 2 with Steam and you select to play Medieval 2 Total war, not any of the other kingdoms otherwise it says you get a fatal error. I hope I've been of some help.