Thread: No Mercenaries?

Semisalis

Default No Mercenaries?

Perhaps this is a feature of the mod. Can not recruit Mercenaries nor Ships if dock is not built to support production. My questions are 3 fold: If I can recruit a general with a bad A$$ capital ship but I can not recruit a lowly basic ship then there is something wrong with that logically speaking. Being unable to recruit Mercenaries when you are so limited to production upgrades based on technology is like playing a sub standard game to me in many ways. If I wanted 4 units fighting half way through the game then I reboot Shogun 2. right?

BTW: Love your mod! I love that I have to disable all my other 20 mods to play it! Says alot about the class of mod it is.
    I never lie to any man because I don't fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid -John Gotti

Semisalis

Default Re: No Mercenaries?

I am playing WOS so to speak campaign wise and using Britain basically. No mecenaries ships nor soldiers. I hold 2 cities one large to my left and my original starting one.
    I never lie to any man because I don't fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid -John Gotti

Quote Originally Posted by SgtLong View Post
    I am playing WOS so to speak campaign wise and using Britain basically. No mecenaries ships nor soldiers. I hold 2 cities one large to my left and my original starting one.
    This is the Rome 2 mod named Conflictus Antiquarum Culturarum (CAC) and you write Shogun 2 and Britain????????

I think he means he is playing like Britain, whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I think he means he is playing like Britain, whatever that means.
    I know, but there are mercenaries for each campaign in CAC and I just want to be sure I understand the question

Semisalis

Well for those who can not read Total Warish reply Shogun 2 unit variation was vastly limited to Shogun or basically advanced society trees. So in the begining of campaigns you had Pike and militia line men to fight with. The country on the map that says Britana perhaps its the prior map to the W.O.S campaign slot.

Semisalis

Some people choose to see what they want other hear what they can not see.

The Brittoi factions have limited access to ships and all mercenary naval units are removed altogether in CAC in line with the scope of the mod. Basically it works as designed.

Semisalis

Solved the issue by not having a submod checked for mercenary recruitment costs lower.