Thread: Can't Install

Icon4 Can't Install

The mod manager is a wonderous thing, but it seems that I am completely stumped.
    I have a plethora of Dresden's mods and Radious Total War.

I decided after a while to get DeI because of the great things I hear about it,
    so I disable ALL my mods (including the compatible ones) and add in DeI.
    I start it up and 2 seconds in get a CTD.

I was baffled so I wondered what it was. I removed DeI readded my former mods and it worked.
    Now I began to disable them 1 by 1. As soon as I disable Radious TW I crash. So it isn't any of Dresden's Mods it's Radious Total War that I can't seem to disable.
    So I try something different. I try to go vanilla by disabling ALL mods. Lo and behold, I crash 2 seconds in.
    I decide to re-install my R2 completely (and I did) and it doesn't seem to start without adding Radious.

I decide to remove my save games and store them on a folder in my desktop because they have Radious implemented stuff (e.g units blah blah etc) so my R2 can be as Vanilla as possible.
    It still doesn't seem to work. I'm completely baffled and have no idea what to do. I would love to play DeI
    and everyone seems to be basking in it's divine glory and I'm left here alone in the dark (not saying Radious is a bad mod, it's great but I want to try a different fruit)

Any help would be amazing thank you very much

Default Re: Can't Install

My suggestion:

1. delete all mods (if nessecary manually)
    2. unsubscribe from all mods
    3. delete all files in C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2
    4. check game cache on steam
    5. start Rome 2 vanilla once (check if it works by starting a campaign)
    6. subscribe to DeI on steam and download it (even better: use stand-alone here from TWC, really much better, less bugs, easier to handle)

Doing everything you said step by step,
    will get back to you as soon as it's done thank you very much for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplitus View Post
    My suggestion:

1. delete all mods (if nessecary manually)
    2. unsubscribe from all mods
    3. delete all files in C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2
    4. check game cache on steam
    5. start Rome 2 vanilla once (check if it works by starting a campaign)
    6. subscribe to DeI on steam and download it (even better: use stand-alone here from TWC, really much better, less bugs, easier to handle)
    Although minor the standalone has less lag as well.

Followed ALL the steps.
    Deleted everything.
    I even went into my AppData and deleted everything there aswell (minus my save games, I took those into a separate folder on my desktop for safe keeping)
    Uninstalled Rome2, Re-installed it, Vanilla works fine.
    I plug in the TWC DeI into my Data folder, open Modmanager, check the box, launch, and crash on startup.

I'm watching Massalia Tales on Youtube and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO pumped up to play, this is killing me.
    It's like I'm a child who begged his mother for candy and after crying for hours finally gets it only to find that the wrapper is an impenetrable web of twists and tangles
    Btw I use the standalone version

Edit- Guys seriously help, I'm going to cry (not literally but I feel so left out)
    In the corner of my Rome 2 Emperor's Edition Vanilla it says I have v2.0.0 I'm positive I have everything I need and I even verified my game cache on steam and it said everything was fine.

Edit2- I did some snooping online and on steam and I guess I'm not the only one with the startup crash issue, I'm positive it's version compatibilities and I am 105% sure there are no mods snooping on my R2
    I have no idea what to do
    Last edited by here4thehax; February 15, 2015 at 10:41 PM.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

What modmanager are you using?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Have you tried steam version of the mod? In 99% cases standalone is the bug solving one, but I remember many months ago that standalone crashed the game for me, while steam version worked.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    What modmanager are you using?
    Is there another kind of mod manager that I am not aware of?

And Kam I'll try the steam version right now and see how that holds, only reason why I haven't is because everyone suggests the standalone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 123564798.jpg  
    Last edited by here4thehax; February 16, 2015 at 03:27 PM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Rome 2 mod manager ; D
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Andd nope, doesn't work, although I already expected that to happen for the steam version anyways
    What version is you guy's Rome 2? I'm pretty positive mine is fully updated

If what you said about version 2.0.0 is accurate, then you're not up to date.

Looks like I'm a patch down, and woah one big patch it seems (where have i been the past couple months)
    I didn't seem to notice because all my mods worked compatibly so I never really had any issues,
    I'll be right back soon after updating to let you know if DeI finally gets working

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by here4thehax View Post
    Looks like I'm a patch down, and woah one big patch it seems (where have i been the past couple months)
    I didn't seem to notice because all my mods worked compatibly so I never really had any issues,
    I'll be right back soon after updating to let you know if DeI finally gets working
    LOL. Always make sure that you have the latest patch. Are you not set to auto Update on steam? DeI is always updated for the latest patch and it usually doesnt take long before it is updated so just have steam auto update.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    LOL. Always make sure that you have the latest patch. Are you not set to auto Update on steam? DeI is always updated for the latest patch and it usually doesnt take long before it is updated so just have steam auto update.
    To be honest I have no idea, but I did patch up and wow, I have been missing out on alot!
    But all that aside, guess what! DeI works! The Gods have spoken thanks everyone for helping me out, who knew it was so simple lmao