Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Sarmatians (eg. Roxolani, Alans) should be Indo-European, not Mongoloid

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Sarmatians (eg. Roxolani, Alans) should be Indo-European, not Mongoloid

Yeah when you say Old Bulgarian I immediately think the Oghur Turkish dialect spoken by Old Great Bulgaria/Qagan Asparuch/etc.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Default Re: Sarmatians (eg. Roxolani, Alans) should be Indo-European, not Mongoloid

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Yeah when you say Old Bulgarian I immediately think the Oghur Turkish dialect spoken by Old Great Bulgaria/Qagan Asparuch/etc.
    I understand. For future reference I will use Old Church Slavonic for this for the proto-South Slavic djalect, and Old Bulgarian for the Oghur Turkic dialect.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Quote Originally Posted by KLAssurbanipal View Post
    or maybe... copy/paste Huns is easier than make unique units.
    It's close to the response in real life!
    HI!
    The main theory is that genetics of huns mingled genes with many people. For example, Alans and Roxolani also, I thinkthey got 10-30% (maximum) genes of Mongoloids. Of course including a previous history of mixing races.

And these 10-30 percent. Not sudden. It took a decades for mixing proces or centuries. Late Sarmatian tribes- the most suitable version for the game (personally, my opinion) it's Caucasoid with dark hairs

The next stage of mixing of genetics is the Mongol Empire

And not to forget! That in the midst of the Hun "kingdoms", the name - Huns it were all peoples that have merged into one army.

(sorry for bad English)

Last edited by xeofox; October 08, 2015 at 12:01 PM.

To put the final nail in the coffin concerning the appearance of Sarmatians from north of the Black Sea, here is a mural discovered in Pantikapion of a Bosphoran cavalryman dueling Sarmatian horsemen. Credit goes to druzhina345 for finding these images and posting them to TWC.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

More info: http://www.warfare.altervista.org/An...ran_murals.htm

Great success

Yeah I double posted

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456