Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: An Official note on ATTILA & Performance

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Default Re: An Official note on ATTILA & Performance

So basically what your'e telling us is that there is no card in existence which can run Atilla on max quality settings ??!!

Why is that i wonder, Atilla doesn't look anywhere near as graphically amazing as as some of the other games out there which i can run perfectly at 50-60 fps

I was just about to pre order the game aswell, but hear hear oh people of the twc, CA has messed up again !

I just bought an overclocked r9 280x 3gb for my system, it runs everything perfectly at full settings including games like assassins creed unity, shadow of mordor, far cry 4 all of which i argue look a whole bunch better than Atilla, so why should it be that i must run Attila at "quality" or "max quality" for the game to not play out like a powerpoint presentation !

Simply put, your publisher sega (may the lord of light burn them) are pressing you to release games asap for profits, youv'e rushed it and messed up the game again like you did Rome II and are now making ridiculous claims that my system, which can run everything else perfectly, can only run this game at a mid-high level since no card alive can possibly atilla at max quality !!!
    Last edited by kamikazee786; February 13, 2015 at 12:58 PM.
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee786 View Post
    So basically what your'e telling us is that there is no card in existence which can run Atilla on max quality settings ??!!

Why is that i wonder, Atilla doesn't look anywhere near as graphically amazing as as some of the other games out there which i can run perfectly at 50-60 fps

I was just about to pre order the game aswell, but hear hear oh people of the twc, CA has messed up again !

I just bought an overclocked r9 280x 3gb for my system, it runs everything perfectly at full settings including games like assassins creed unity, shadow of mordor, far cry 4 all of which i argue look a whole bunch better than Atilla, so why should it be that i must run Attila at "quality" or "high quality" for the game to not play out like a powerpoint presentation !

Simply put, your publisher sega (may the lord of light burn them) are pressing you to release games asap for profits, youv'e rushed it and messed up the game again like you did Rome II and are now making ridiculous claims that my system, which can run everything else perfectly, can only run this game at a mid-high level since no card alive can possibly atilla at max quality !!!
    If you read what he posted hes saying high end cards will run the game at max quality that's where your card lies in the graphics hierarchy. A mid range card like mine should run the game at quality to max quality depending on the setting (i have a 7950 btw).
    Last edited by swoosh so; February 13, 2015 at 01:00 PM.
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY

Quote Originally Posted by swoosh so View Post
    If you read what he posted hes saying high end cards will run the game at max quality that's where your card lies in the graphics hierarchy.

I don't want to play it at max quality, i want to play it on EXTREME QUALITY

I can play all other games on the highest settings, why is it that there is no card in existence that can run Atilla on extreme quality !

I can play all other games on the highest settings, why is it that there is no card in existence that can run Atilla on extreme quality !
    Then play it at that and take a framerate hit this is just the auto settings hes talking about, he already said you can manually configure it. Maybe one of the youtubers with a similar card would be so kind to test the game and benchmark it with a similar card to yours.

He stated that these are just the presets.
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Extreme Quality - For getting what should already be in the game and optimised, but at a later date when no one cares.

This setting is no doubt pointless as Rome 2 struggles to run well on all i7 Quad-Cores never mind anything else. CA still can't admit that their engine is unoptimised and past its use-by date.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Then play it at that and take a framerate hit this is just the auto settings hes talking about, he already said you can manually configure it. Maybe one of the youtubers with a similar card would be so kind to test the game and benchmark it with a similar card to yours.

He stated that these are just the presets.
    Why must i take a frame rate hit when i can play every other game out there till date on the highest graphical settings possible with no frame rate hits. These games, which look a whole lot better than Atilla, run perfectly yet when it comes to playing at extreme quality on atilla i must accept a frame rate hit or wait till the future to get a better GPU !

because that's what he's saying:

Quote Originally Posted by Nico CA View Post

• ‘Extreme Quality’ – future cards – no card is set to this out of the box

‘Extreme Quality’ also activates 4XMSAA, which will have a particularly big performance impact. Please note, that the ‘Extreme Quality’ setting is meant for future graphics cards, not for current gen. This is why it's above Maximum Quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    Extreme Quality - For getting what should already be in the game and optimised, but at a later date when no one cares.

This setting is no doubt pointless as Rome 2 struggles to run well on all i7 Quad-Cores never mind anything else. CA still can't admit that their engine is unoptimised and past its use-by date.
    Exactly my point of view. The game is not anywhere near optimized which is why CA has lied saying "oh we've optimized it however we cant really know for sure how it'll run on your system"

Do you think we were born yesterday !
    Last edited by kamikazee786; February 13, 2015 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post

Rome2 runs fine on my i7 an its one of the older models the 860, dunno what your talking about?

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It's like me trying to sell a nuclear missile to Kim-Jong Un without the ballistic weapons platform to fire it lol. What's the point if I apparently can't use it until your next, surely better game is out.

Rome2 runs fine on my i7 an its one of the older models the 860, dunno what your talking about?
    Runs fine on mine too. I was actually referring to a guy I was talking to in the DeI forums who has a very similar setup than can't get this game running smooth.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 13, 2019 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Merged posts.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Why must i take a frame rate hit when i can every other game out there till date on the highest graphical settings possible, games which look a whole lot better than Atilla, yet when it comes to playing at extreme quality on atilla i must accept a frame rate hit or wait till the future to get a better GPU !

because that's what he's saying:
    I just don't understand the instant negativity on here of course when you up graphical settings you take a framerate hit, the fact of the matter is we have no idea what your framerate will be or what that hit will be for going extreme. You cant write off a product based on nothing wait and see what people get with similar cards who knows you may be surprised.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    Sorry to say but I think thats baloney. Have been a member of a tech site for years and have never heard of or seen it done.

Wait I'll ask the owner of the site...
    Have you been a part of any game dev house ? A big one of course.....

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7882/g...-crytek-epic-m
    http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/18...controversyore
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Have you been a part of any game dev house ? A big one of course.....

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7882/g...-crytek-epic-m
    http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/18...controversyore
    erm no so what? and this is just more waffle/rumour/speculation.

Last thing I will say here is why didnt CA just come clean and say they added a lot of new effects which have put more of a strain on performance and they are still working on a very unoptimised engine?

Surely thats better than making stuff up/lying? And yes I dont like to accuse people of this but without anything concrete and I mean actual proof they are in "cahoots" with gpu makers.....

I wonder what would happen if I asked nvidia/amd for an official statement? Would I get one....yeah right.

End/

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Let us remain, broadly, on topic, shall we gents?

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Does the performance still take a hit when you select a city? And how balanced is the performance in all stages (Campaign, land battles, naval battles and sieges)? Will I have to lower the settings just because one particular scene is more demanding than the others?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    what no x2 msaa...and whos the 8xmsaa for 4x980 sli on 1080p?

oh wait sli isnt working so pray tell what use is 8xmsaa?
    Hey Headache don't overdrive it please. SLI is actually working as you can see here.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...view-of-Attila

Implementation of 2x and 4x MSAA or even other more advanced filtering methods is very much needed and appreciated Nico CA.
    I know it might be a bit early but is DirectX 12 optimization for Rome 2 and / or at least on your Agenda? Just a couple of months till Win X will hit the scene.

Thanks for a (vague) reply.

Please also have a read at my Rome 2 release vs Rome 2 patch 16.1 performance comparison Nico CA and share it with the devs. It's now evident that the performance increases haven't been that huge in the Rome 2 benchmark as they MIGHT have been in the rest of the game like the campaign map for some configurations.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14346624

I really hope that you can use this findings and make the optimization better in Attila. Please not just by removing features as you also did in Rome 2.

When I did the comparison of Rome 2 1.0 vs Rome 2 16.0 it was obvious enough that some things have been changed, like:

- more LoD issues (texture poppings)
    - removed ground textures
    - no water drops on the cam lens
    Last edited by alQamar; February 13, 2015 at 06:10 PM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    Hey Headache don't overdrive it please. SLI is actually working as you can see here.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...view-of-Attila

Implementation of 2x and 4x MSAA or even other more advanced filtering methods is very much needed and appreciated Nico CA.
    I know it might be a bit early but is DirectX 12 optimization for Rome 2 and / or at least on your Agenda? Just a couple of months till Win X will hit the scene.

Thanks for a (vague) reply.
    What sub 60fps isnt working from where I am looking at...but yeah I guess you could say its working in its relation to the other results. But 970 sli to 980 sli showing a 6 fps gain that again tells me something aint right...

But then quad sli doesnt work very well yet either I am led to believe so my post re 8xmsaa still stand...it just aint gonna happen on any rig that I can see..
    Last edited by Totalheadache; February 13, 2015 at 06:14 PM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

What sub 60fps isnt working from where I am looking at..
    Which I can understand and take it very seriously, you know me I am the last one defending the current situation however it's wasted time to rage about, THEY are obliged to find solutions as they brought this game to its technical limits.

Rome 2 was also made for next gen GPUs, as we can see now how "good" a 970 GTX performs compared to my "old" 670. Sad enough to be honest. The last game I knew that planned resources for non existant hardware was Doom 3 it was released for GPUs with an amount of VRAM that did not yet exist so in the first place no one was able to run it maxed out.

This "strategy" can barely be explained by any kind words to a customer that paid 300+ € for a GPU in HOPE that this would boost this game. Also machinima creators will not be able to show us the content that the game has maxed out.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    Which I can understand and take it very seriously, you know me I am the last one defending the current situation however it's wasted time to rage about, THEY are obliged to find solutions as they brought this game to its technical limits.

Rome 2 was also made for next gen GPUs, as we can see now how "good" a 970 GTX performs compared to my "old" 670. Sad enough to be honest. The last game I knew that planned resources for non existant hardware was Doom 3 it was released for GPUs with an amount of VRAM that did not yet exist so in the first place no one was able to run it maxed out.

This "strategy" can barely be explained by any kind words to a customer that paid 300+ € for a GPU in HOPE that this would boost this game. Also machinima creators will not be able to show us the content that the game has maxed out.
    Well I am not raging trust me. This is me lukewarm. But you were right to correct me on the sli bit so yeah I will take that back....

And I agree I dont actually think they could do much anyways with the current engine and you know what that's ok...we mostly all knew that. But this we designed it for future gpus. Now this is too much!

Judging by vids they have added loads of fire effects...I mean of course this is going to affect things...why not just say that?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

I guess you should buy one of these future graphics cards he honestly talked about, it has a tons of VRAM and several competent GPU cores. It worked like a charm with Rome 2 and I hope the drivers are still compatible with Attila

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Wait for next gen GPU are out like AMD 300x series and the next NVidia Pascal.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Yes the engine isn't optimized well. But it sounds like you would be happy if they just removed the extreme quality and let max be the highest just so you can say you can play on the highest settings. There really is nothing wrong with having a graphical setting which is currently too demanding... just don't use it if you can't! It may be a weird choice, but I fail to see how some level of future-proofing is bad.

Please note I am not saying that the game engine is optimized to a satisfactory level, but we are well beyond any chance of that for this game.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast