Thread: How to deal with raiding armies

Default How to deal with raiding armies

How do yall deal with factions raiding your lands? Specifically factions that you either don't want to start a war with at all or aren't yet prepared to initiate a war with! There needs to be a "Can you please GTFO" diplomacy option

legate's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: How to deal with raiding armies

I think the non aggression treaty stops them raiding. My policy is simply attack anyone that crosses my border.

Quote Originally Posted by legate View Post
    My policy is simply attack anyone that crosses my border.
    Some Mr. Orban called and asked for you

legate's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    Some Mr. Orban called and asked for you

well im trying to play as the saxons and franks and lango both raiding my ass

well im trying to play as the saxons and franks and lango both raiding my ass

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seahtech View Post
    How do yall deal with factions raiding your lands? Specifically factions that you either don't want to start a war with at all or aren't yet prepared to initiate a war with! There needs to be a "Can you please GTFO" diplomacy option

Saying GTFO is a bit to Trump- Dont be Trump. Trump will be you.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Any AI army that enters your lands should be immediately attacked with the full weight of your forces. Try to keep your cavalry alive until the enemy is routing, so that you can chase them down and exterminate them utterly. Kill all prisoners. No mercy. Wipe them out!

Notwithinstanding hordes, I've found that neighbouring factions typically do not move their armies into your lands to raid if they have good relations with you (100+? Can't remember..), which is to say that sometimes they do move their armies into your land, but they typically do not raid and do not cause any mischief. When I see armies from neighbouring factions in my lands, they are usually factions I have poor relations with, and they are usually up to no good. I don't see how a "GTFO" diplomacy function would help when they probably do not give a whit what you tell them to do. I actually quite like this mechanic, which was sorely missing from previous TW games.

The solution is actually quite straightforward. If you have enough strength to quash the raiding army, you quash them. And after that, send your army across the border to raid, conquer, or raze their settlements. If you don't want to conquer or raze their lands, you can stay an extra turn after you occupy their cities and dismantle everything for extra loot. If you don't have enough strength to quash the raiding army, then you just have to pray and hope they don't escalate their antics by attacking your settlements directly.

Demonic Punisher's Avatar Civis

ฉันค้นพบว่า การที่ฉันไม่ให้เขาเข้าร่วมสงคราม, เป็นเหมือนการกีดกันสำหรับพวกเขา, จึงทดลองจ่ายเงินและชวนเขาร่วมทำสงครามด้วย, แล้วจึงพบว่า พวกเขาเริ่มออกเดินทาง ภายในเทิร์นเดียว.

I discovered that not allowing him to join the war was a form of deprivation for them, so I tried paying him and inviting him to join the war, and then I found that they started to travel. Within one turn.