Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: An Official note on ATTILA & Performance

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: An Official note on ATTILA & Performance

Quote Originally Posted by IamOdysseus View Post
    Nice find!

+rep
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Nico CA View Post

Please note, that the ‘Extreme Quality’ setting is meant for future graphics cards, not for current gen. This is why it's above Maximum Quality.

In ATTILA it is based on available VRAM.

Which generation hardware can play this game without lags/massive fps drops during battles or in campaign map? This hardware still exists or it's better to wait for future generation? let's say 2022 or 2025.

I have another question with VRAM. The GPU performance in this game then depends on VRAM, but why I have seen benchmarks in which the player has a GPU with above 3 GB VRAM and the game states only 3 GB?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure whether that's due to the benchmark not taking more than 3GB RAM, or that the "allow unlimited video memory" setting wasn't ticked
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Almost 2022 now. Here I am in the future letting everyone know that with an Nvidia RTX 3080 and a Ryzen 9 5900x the game still chugs.

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Incendio View Post
    Which generation hardware can play this game without lags/massive fps drops during battles or in campaign map? This hardware still exists or it's better to wait for future generation? let's say 2022 or 2025.

I have another question with VRAM. The GPU performance in this game then depends on VRAM, but why I have seen benchmarks in which the player has a GPU with above 3 GB VRAM and the game states only 3 GB?
    Im the same person 3 years after. I switch from MSI GE75 laptop with CPU i7 10750H, 32 GB RAM DDR4, 512 GB SSD, GPU Nvidia RTX 2070 Super to Asus Rog Strix 18 with CPU i9 13980HX, 64 GB RAM DDR5, 4 TB SSD, GPU Nvidia RTX 4090 and still the game does not work well for me. I have lag in battles, how can I contact Creative Assembly support? Improving computer specs didnt work for me.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

This game is famously poorly optimized and I doubt CA can do much for you in light of that. CA in my experience also doesn't typically respond in an effective or timely manner for most issues on games that have been released a good while. If it's still acting up it's not likely to get much better unless you strike gold in config tweaks (the usual on reducing graphics, playing with settings) or a blend of external/general purpose performance enhancing methods.

I'd direct you to the official forums performance section for Attila but it seems you have found it, and that's the best I'd hope for.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678