Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Default Re: Better Call Saul

Someone who still has a thing for their ex constantly complains about them. Considering Jimmy doesn't even mention Kim throughout the entire Breaking Bad series, I'm pretty sure that couple ends in a spectacularly terrible fashion.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

I hope that ugly dies in a horrific way.

chriscase's Avatar Chairman Miao
    Civitate Patrician

No, I predict she will die tragically, likely due to one of Jimmy's missteps. This will sever whatever tenuous ties he might still have with ethical practice of the law and push him firmly to the shady side where we meet him in BB. The BS with the high and mighty brother has already pushed him more than halfway there. Fact is, Jimmy probably can't become Saul Goodman if he feels he has to be accountable to Kim's moral compass. So the final severance will no doubt look to him like his equivocation between good and evil is what finally caused the death of someone he loved. Ergo, embrace his dark side.

Edit - yeah, basically what Knight of Heaven said.
    Last edited by chriscase; June 29, 2017 at 01:53 PM.

Why is it that mysteries are always about something bad? You never hear there's a mystery, and then it's like, "Who made cookies?"
    - Demetri Martin

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

The car crash is foreshadowing.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

A Man's Avatar Senator

I don't think she'll necessarily die, but it seems to me Jimmy will feel betrayed by her. I'm predicting she will partner up with Howard and possibly screw Jimmy in the process, directly or indirectly, intentional or unintentional, won't matter for Jimmy.

He's crazy about her. Why wouldn't he marry her?

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

He's a f-up and she's uptight on integrity and probity, it's not a match to start with. He's going to f-up again.

Yes One thing jimmy isnt, is Big on commitment, imo. I dont think marriage was ever on the table, or a theme to begin with. And to be honest, it realy doesnt need to be, in the equation, anyhow.

Regardless, the feel i get is Kim and jimmy were in the phase of figuring how to make things work still. Working and living together that is.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

He mentions he was married once. Then his wife cheated on him. Jimmy found the guy and defecated into his car via the sunroof. That's when we learn what a "Chicago Sunroof" is. It's also why Chuck had to travel to Chicago and get Jimmy out of jail.

Last edited by IronBrig4; September 29, 2017 at 09:49 PM.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

When will we be graced with the next (and maybe final) season?

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

This fall I think.

If I remember correctly there were either scheduling or other issues (nothing to worry about) that forced the production back. Or maybe it was AMC meddling.

I think 1-2 more seasons would be perfect. No need to drag it out, though, like Breaking Bad was (slightly, if we are being honest)
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    This fall I think.

If I remember correctly there were either scheduling or other issues (nothing to worry about) that forced the production back. Or maybe it was AMC meddling.

I think 1-2 more seasons would be perfect. No need to drag it out, though, like Breaking Bad was (slightly, if we are being honest)
    Yes you're exactly right, though I disagree Breaking Bad was drawn out at all. Was it realistic? Maybe, maybe not, but they never jumped the shark. Once Walt fell from grace, he remained fallen. It would have been miserable if he returned from VT and supplanted everyone - his fate was perfectly timed. I hope Jimmy's fate in this series will be similarly timed. I don't know if it will end in Kim's death or just Kim's ultimate realization that Jimmy will never change. Jimmy isn't disbarred, which means that despite Chuck's efforts, his license is reinstated with no issue.

Blog Entries

Good god this season...It has been incredible.

I know it's controversial to say but I think I might like it better than Breaking Bad. But then again I binged all of BB before the final half season aired so having it drawn out and being able to discuss it with fans has been great fun.

Finale is tomorrow, and hopefully we will hear of a renewal soon.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Blog Entries

My jaw dropped in the last few minutes, even though I was expecting it.

We have finally reached the "Saul" persona.

Good god AMC please don't end it now

Yeah i finally got around watching the 4th season and it was bloody incredible. Can't wait for the next one. Besides Jimmy, all the rest of the major characters are fun to watch as well. Brilliant acting. Mike Ehrmantraut being my favourite.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Okay, gonna start the fourth season now. All the praise has me hyped.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

I love how i get to see the older characters from BB developing slowly. Seeing Gale in the lab was also a pleasant surprise and goes to show how methodical and dangerous Gus was.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Can't believe this thread has been ignored since 2019. The 6th and final season airing now on AMC is just incredible with three episodes thus far, but obviously the time gap with the thread here means Season 5 hasn't even been discussed here yet! I just want to chime in and say that Eduardo "Lalo" Salamanca is easily one of the best villains produced in the BB fictional universe, right up there with Gustavo Fring and way more dangerous than Tuco considering the latter was just a thug, not a conniving strategic thinker. Hector was also ruled by his emotions and his actions were almost purely driven by his rage in any given situation, unlike Lalo who is a master of concealment like Gus. Lalo certainly makes for a more imposing antagonist than Walter "Heisenberg" White, since he started as a protagonist and we know most of his flaws well before Breaking Bad ended.

SPOILER AHEAD, STOP READING RIGHT NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED:
    . . . . . .
    ...Just want to say how great Michael Mando was playing Ignacio "Nacho" Varga, what a performance! His last scene was incredibly powerful, such a badass way to go out. I was rooting for him most of the series, and wanted him to escape with his dad under a fake identity, but this is obviously a more poignant way to go. That's especially since he managed to get under Hector's skin, right before blowing his own brains out. I chuckled when the Salamanca twins lifted his wheelchair and let him shoot Nacho's dead body over and over in revenge for the heart pills swap and his stroke. LOL. Nacho truly got the last laugh! I just hope Hector doesn't go after his father or that the latter manages to flee.

As for Kim Wexler, per the conversation above, it's incredibly how she's "breaking bad" in the series and becoming a monster of Jimmy's creation. That has to make him a bit unsettled, and you can see it in his facial expressions whenever she does something unethical now. He sees what he's done but can't stop it, like a slow moving train wreck. Given how this show is a tragedy like Breaking Bad, I don't see her surviving in some witness protection program, unfortunately. Like BB, this show has a Shakespearean tendency when it comes to killing off beloved characters, and especially amoral ones or those who've slid down the wrong path even slightly.

The morale of the story is never to get involved with the Cartel, as those who do so eventually get burned, and also to never underestimate the capabilities of others. Mike Ehrmantraut committed both sins and wound up getting killed by Walt the chemistry dork after insulting him. He was also attempting to live on the run with dirty Cartel drug money he intended to give to his granddaughter. I hate to say it, but Kim is probably going to have a similar moment, obviously under different circumstances, but I would bet money on her trying to save Jimmy and his actions wind up getting her killed as she steps in. She already shielded him from harm when Lalo came to their apartment to interrogate him, which leads me to suspect Lalo is the one to kill her (and who knows what happens to Lalo after that, probably gets killed by Mike or something, or Hank considering his Salamanca kill count in BB).

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Huh. So I guess everyone here completely lost interest in the show, then? It's as good as Breaking Bad, so I'm genuinely surprised by this deflated response.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Huh. So I guess everyone here completely lost interest in the show, then? It's as good as Breaking Bad, so I'm genuinely surprised by this deflated response.
    BCS is the only show I have been waiting for ever since season 5 ended. And what a blast this has been. Binged all three in 1 go, so will wait for full season release. I regret watching first 3 episodes, should've waited. :luaghter:
    And yeah, great acting by Nacho, he aced everything and really love how he handled stressful situations. Though, Lalo was shown very less in these episodes, so I think now we will get more footage from him.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast