Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 121 to 130 of 130

Thread: Better Call Saul

  1. #121
    Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Azuchi-jō Tenshu
    Posts
    23,247

    Default Re: Better Call Saul

    The Season 5 ending was really dumb. What with whats his face (Lalo was it?) taking out a half dozen cartel operatives single handedly.

    "Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

  2. #122

    Default Re: Better Call Saul

    Episode 4 was a slow burn. Will skip rest of the episodes and binge it later, this is pure binge material not meant for single episode viewing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    The Season 5 ending was really dumb. What with whats his face (Lalo was it?) taking out a half dozen cartel operatives single handedly.
    Yes Cartels are known to hire ex-military personnel but I thought it was plasuible because he boxed them in the tunnel and they never anticipated that something like this could happen.

  3. #123
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    14,841

    Default Re: Better Call Saul

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Yes Cartels are known to hire ex-military personnel but I thought it was plasuible because he boxed them in the tunnel and they never anticipated that something like this could happen.
    Yeah, it wasn't like Lalo was Arnold Schwarzenegger killing a thousand dudes in Commando without even getting wounded, Lalo got hurt in the fight and only survived because his young bodyguard dude was in the way arguing with him in the kitchen and took the bullets instead. Lalo only escaped because of his secret tunnel through the bathtub, and then used the same tunnel to funnel the kill squad into one point where he could just kill them in a confined space. Overall not extremely likely given the ratio of 5/1, but certainly possible if not slightly plausible. At the very least they managed to kill everyone else in the hacienda, including his innocent cooks and gardeners.

  4. #124

    Default Re: Better Call Saul

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Yeah, it wasn't like Lalo was Arnold Schwarzenegger killing a thousand dudes in Commando without even getting wounded, Lalo got hurt in the fight and only survived because his young bodyguard dude was in the way arguing with him in the kitchen and took the bullets instead. Lalo only escaped because of his secret tunnel through the bathtub, and then used the same tunnel to funnel the kill squad into one point where he could just kill them in a confined space. Overall not extremely likely given the ratio of 5/1, but certainly possible if not slightly plausible. At the very least they managed to kill everyone else in the hacienda, including his innocent cooks and gardeners.
    Yes it seems more believable to me how the whole character was established. He's much smarter than ruthless cousins. His presence of mind and tactical calm rivals Mike. Seriously, Lalo is easily the most impressive character I have seen in a while on telly.
    Man I'm still shattered from the episode 3.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nacho was a total gem as well. His character is the most belieavable. Thug with a conscience & who genuinely overcame his fears and survived. Greatest risk taker in the show.

  5. #125
    Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Azuchi-jō Tenshu
    Posts
    23,247

    Default Re: Better Call Saul

    Lalo is way too overpowered. That actually ruined the Season 5 ending for me. I mean if it was like 3 operatives then maybe, but he killed something like 5? Who is this Lalo guy? Was he in the Mexican Special Forces or something?

    Anyway I hope to finish this show because I feel that it is close to its "natural" end. I'll start this new season as soon as all of the episodes come out.

    "Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

  6. #126

    Default Re: Better Call Saul

    Damn what an ending for s06-part 1. I was not expecting that. Kinda sad to see how it ended. Now the wait till mid July starts, final season should be epic.

  7. #127
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    14,841

    Default Re: Better Call Saul

    Yeah, that was a shocking death but I kind of saw it coming once he started lingering there too long at the end of the episode. You have to expect something bad to happen to characters who do not appear in Breaking Bad, although I've always hoped that some of them just went into witness protection programs or moved overseas or something. RIP!

  8. #128

    Default Re: Better Call Saul

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Yeah, that was a shocking death but I kind of saw it coming once he started lingering there too long at the end of the episode. You have to expect something bad to happen to characters who do not appear in Breaking Bad, although I've always hoped that some of them just went into witness protection programs or moved overseas or something. RIP!
    What a great actor though. BB\BCS has some of the best acting captured on film. I mean i disliked the guy, but on occasions liked him as well. His character was like...you don't like him, and sometimes feel envious but overall an "okay" type guy.
    Then eventually you see him as a very professional and the cold shoulder type. His overall demeanour was too formal in a way it looked fake but actually was geniune. It takes time to realize that he's not your enemy. He admired Chuck a lot as well, and even though he was born in money, he earned with his own talent and hard work as well.
    And the can rotating and Lalo rotating silencer, the candle flame shaking...great scene.

  9. #129
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    14,841

    Default Re: Better Call Saul

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    What a great actor though. BB\BCS has some of the best acting captured on film. I mean i disliked the guy, but on occasions liked him as well. His character was like...you don't like him, and sometimes feel envious but overall an "okay" type guy.
    Then eventually you see him as a very professional and the cold shoulder type. His overall demeanour was too formal in a way it looked fake but actually was geniune. It takes time to realize that he's not your enemy. He admired Chuck a lot as well, and even though he was born in money, he earned with his own talent and hard work as well.
    And the can rotating and Lalo rotating silencer, the candle flame shaking...great scene.
    Great points; I agree about Howard's character. He was definitely a mixed bag when it comes to likeability but actor Patrick Fabian always played him well. He also grew on me as the seasons rolled on and you gained a better understanding as to why he behaved the way he did and how he formed his opinions. He was also no fool and caught on quick that Jimmy and Kim were messing with him. At the very least he was not an antagonist, just a regular hot shot attorney caught in the middle of the messes caused by the McGill family drama. He might have been a bit tactless and arrogant, but he was ultimately well-intentioned, wanted no part in Jimmy's juvenile schemes, and simply wanted to clear his name and restore his reputation. He wasn't even being hostile to Jimmy and Kim, but they interpreted everything he said as condescending, with a high-and-mighty attitude.

  10. #130

    Default Re: Better Call Saul

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Great points; I agree about Howard's character. He was definitely a mixed bag when it comes to likeability but actor Patrick Fabian always played him well. He also grew on me as the seasons rolled on and you gained a better understanding as to why he behaved the way he did and how he formed his opinions. He was also no fool and caught on quick that Jimmy and Kim were messing with him. At the very least he was not an antagonist, just a regular hot shot attorney caught in the middle of the messes caused by the McGill family drama. He might have been a bit tactless and arrogant, but he was ultimately well-intentioned, wanted no part in Jimmy's juvenile schemes, and simply wanted to clear his name and restore his reputation. He wasn't even being hostile to Jimmy and Kim, but they interpreted everything he said as condescending, with a high-and-mighty attitude.
    Yes, that's also a well executed form, that, we see in societies as well. Rich are often demonised as arrogant and pompous but in reality some of them are just like that and professional. I also admired the fact that even though Howard played an important role in building HHM, he always gave full credit to Chuck. He valued him too much and kept on praising him, even when he witnessed his downfall. So he was sentimental as well. The coffee scene was also perfect description of his character, where he executed a brilliant coffee and the wife just pours his hard work in the flask/thermos. You could see his irritation that it wasn't even acknowledged, meaning how people fail to see him.
    Howard was smart but not street smart like Jimmy, which is where he failed. Jimmy & Kim also had a skewed view of Howard because they always saw him from below and never shoulder to shoulder.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •