Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extracting sounds

Default Re: Extracting sounds

How about adding own music and sounds? In RTW there was a small file we had to delete and then it went trough text files. However, here I don't know from where I should extract the files anyway...

Well, I hear reports that adding own sounds (music) and deleting events.dat does NOT work. I have unfortunately no time to look into this ATM, as I'm preparing the release for the new version of Fourth Age: Total War, Forth Eorlingas! and all it's audio. Might look into it in January though, when all Xmas and so is over.

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

yes, how to add own music?
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Methoz View Post
    yes, how to add own music?
    I just flew over the first post but it seems everything is explained there

Didn't try it yet, tho...

Hello, friends! I have followed the instructions, but it doesn't work. The music is not heard. I don't know what to make. Caliban said in a post the following thing:

"Ok, I had a chat with Jeff our sound guy. At the moment pathing is broken for mod folders. This means you can only mod your vanilla folder at the moment. This pathing problem for textures and sounds are fixed internally and will be in the next patch.

Being a art guy, I havn't played with the sound system, but I'll go through the basic steps to add new sounds. (only works from vanilla folder currently)

- extract all your sound files to data\sounds\
    - delete all .dat and .idx (including events.dat and idx)files from your data\sounds\ folder
    - copy new sounds (mp3 format) to data\sounds\ (will be referenced by your descr)
    - copy the released sound descrs to \data\
    - edit your descr_sounds_music.txt (or relevant sound descrs) from the \data\ folder to include your new sounds
    - run the game, let it rebuild the pack files, test your sounds!

I hope this helps, I havn't had time to test this."

I have made this and this doesn't work . Sound is not heard and, like Caliban, "it rebuild the pack files" said. The game never builds back the events.dat & idx files correctly, it appears different, with less weight

Please, I need that you help me. Thank you for the answer!

Another question:

I want to put music for each faction. In the file descr_sounds_music there is music for culture or religion. As I have said, I want that each faction has your own music, is it possible? I suppose that instead of
    music_type northern_european, eastern_european, will have to put, for example, music_type England and this way with all the factions.

Thank you for the answer!
    Last edited by Gorgias; January 07, 2007 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgias View Post
    Hello, friends! I have followed the instructions, but it doesn't work. The music is not heard. I don't know what to make. Caliban said in a post the following thing:

"Ok, I had a chat with Jeff our sound guy. At the moment pathing is broken for mod folders. This means you can only mod your vanilla folder at the moment. This pathing problem for textures and sounds are fixed internally and will be in the next patch.

Being a art guy, I havn't played with the sound system, but I'll go through the basic steps to add new sounds. (only works from vanilla folder currently)

- extract all your sound files to data\sounds\
    - delete all .dat and .idx (including events.dat and idx)files from your data\sounds\ folder
    - copy new sounds (mp3 format) to data\sounds\ (will be referenced by your descr)
    - copy the released sound descrs to \data\
    - edit your descr_sounds_music.txt (or relevant sound descrs) from the \data\ folder to include your new sounds
    - run the game, let it rebuild the pack files, test your sounds!

I hope this helps, I havn't had time to test this."

I have made this and this doesn't work . Sound is not heard and, like Caliban, "it rebuild the pack files" said. The game never builds back the events.dat & idx files correctly, it appears different, with less weight

Please, I need that you help me. Thank you for the answer!

Another question:

I want to put music for each faction. In the file descr_sounds_music there is music for culture or religion. As I have said, I want that each faction has your own music, is it possible? I suppose that instead of
    music_type northern_european, eastern_european, will have to put, for example, music_type England and this way with all the factions.

Thank you for the answer!
    Please, I need your help, because I want to create a mod music in little time. It will be for another mod. As I already said, I have experience with the Rome, but with the Medieval it is different.

Bye!

This mother flpping tool DOES NOT EXTRACT ALL SOUNDS. Its only extracting the music files and fails to extract anything else, BOGUS

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Just downloaded it again and unpacked everything. Did you alter the extract_sounds.bat file for sound unpacking?
    This is my entry in it:
    Code:
    .\xidx.exe -x music voice1 voice2 voice3 sfx
    pause

Really very nice work. Thanks

Hi,

Could somebody send me the vanilla SFX, Voice 1, Voice2 and event sounds because I deletd them by mistake and now I have a lot of sounds missing in game...
    I think they are packed/compressed by default...

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

You will have to unpack the game, again. Uploading unmodded files is against the rules.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Or at least make a bat file that unpacks only the files you want, there's no need to unpack everything.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The files he is asking for are not packed. They are in the data\sounds folder from the beginning. No choice but to re-install.

Oh guys no need to bother he has fixed it he copied the original sounds from the disc itself. As the sounds folder is not compressed or anything in the disc.
    He gave a PM saying it's all good now.

Good to hear. Thank you, Ishan. Besides, just taught me something.

Thank you, Ishan. Besides, just taught me something.
    Now Now Don't you say that now ronny boy. You guys are watching my back for like 2 years now and helped me a lot on numerous occasions.So compared to that it's nothing.
    A student can never teach the master.The Master always appreciates the gesture of the student and pats his back.
    God bless you both Gigantus and Irishron.

Voodo chile's Avatar Campidoctor

hey i cant get it to work i get an error message halfway through. i am almost certain that i'm doing the right things becuase i used this programme to extract RTW files and it worked. Its a very general error and no real information is given.

Using Vista or 7 with the UAC enabled?

Voodo chile's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Using Vista or 7 with the UAC enabled?
    I'm using windows 7
    i'm an administrator if that helps

Posting in multiple treads is not good. your answer is here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...35#post7696235, and it works for Vista and 7, and I do it this way. The convertor was written for early XP, nad we have to work around it for Vista and 7.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast