Thread: Possible to change faction name?

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

Default Possible to change faction name?

Hi. I would like to know if it's possible to change the name for a faction. For example, if i want to change Westphalia to Palatinate is that possible? I know some one did this for NTW though.

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Possible to change faction name?

hello,

you can do this easily.

you'll need to download the pfm (pack file manager). using this, open the localisation.loc file (its either a seperate pack or somewhere in the db files)

now use the pfm to open the file, and you can export the table as a .tsv file (above the table is an export .tsv button). now open this exported .tsv with a spreadsheet program and use the find function to find this
    (factions_screen_name_westphalia)

and replace (in coloumn 2) westphalia with palatinate or whatever. This will change the faction name, now to change the writing that appears when you attack/defend against that nations military then you will need to search for and change (in the same way as before) this two rows

random_localisation_strings_string_defend_westphalia

random_localisation_strings_string_attack_westphalia

now save the .tsv file (keeping everything the same, file type, file name) and using the pfm import this modified table back into the localistation file

job done

The Cap

Bleda's Avatar Domesticus

thanks

i did just like what u said but nothing changed in the game im using DMUC v6.2 mod

Can you explain youre way for renaming factions please, because it doesnt work by me.