Thread: Similar mods?

Default Similar mods?

I just discovered this and have only been playing it for a few days. I like the added factions (have always been dying to play Sweden) and the new settlements. But I would prefer to have these things without losing the whole aspect of navies, or diplomacy, for that matter. Personally, without these, the game becomes less interesting.

I don't know the first thing about creating mods, but I was just wondering if there was a similar one out there (that has the added factions (particularly Sweden, Norway, Novgorod and Lithuania), but retains diplomacy and navies.... and doesn't have weird land bridges where they don't belong. OR is there any somewhat simple copy/paste type of thing I can do with the files to merge these? I don't use the battle screen, always just auto-resolve, so that whole aspect means nothing to me.

Sorry for the rambling post. If anyone has any suggestion of a similar mod or knows a way that I can add these factions and settlements to the original grand campaign, I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Default Re: Similar mods?

Battle For The Baltic has those factions, but it's a regional mod. It's in the Stainless Steel submods forums.

For adding those factions to an existing mod, ask in the Mod Workshop.
    Last edited by k/t; February 05, 2015 at 02:21 PM.

EoNightcore's Avatar Foederatus
    Milky Way Galaxy, Sol System, Third Planet from Sol, North American Continent

You can edit the game yourself, actually.

Head to the the export_descr_buildings.txt file, and find the buildings that make the agents and the ships.

The agent line should look something like this:
    ; agent priest 0 requires factions { nations, }

Delete the symbol at the very front so it looks like this:
    agent priest 0 requires factions { nations, }
    There you go, agents have been activated.

Of course, if the line doesn't exist at all, then head into the Vanilla Medieval File and find the line, copying it to the Battleaxe file.

There you go!

Agents and Ships!
    Including Diplomats!

EoNightcore's Avatar Foederatus
    Milky Way Galaxy, Sol System, Third Planet from Sol, North American Continent

Of course, each agent has a different line, so make sure you activate them all if you want all the agents.

Same thing for ships.

To find the ; symbol quickly, just press ctrl-f and type it in.

It'll make the process go alot quicker.

"A lot".

I think you would have to unpack the game to be able to access those files.