Thread: [Roman Generals Submod]

Ryoga84's Avatar Biarchus

Default [Roman Generals Submod]

"Roman Generals" Submod

by Ryoga84

Hi, this is the Roman General Submod, a submod for Europa Barbarorum 1.2.

This a submod I made for another mod of mine (Uchronia Barbarorum), but I think is good enough for being a standalone submod. Essentially, this mod create Roman "officers" units; these are recruitable general units, like the mercenary generals.
    But with the modified trait system, said officers do not become client rulers.
    To achieve this, the player must train the "officer" unit, and then keep it within the walls of Rome for one turn, as for a client ruler. The unit will then get the trait "Roman Military Officer" instead of the "Recruited General". The Roman Officers get as standard a bonus for fighting slaves, some other bonuses as commanders, and cannot gain most of the positive traits related to the government of cities, because even if they have no malus in the government, that's not their job.
    They are not family members and should not gain the traits "Impostor" or "Interloper".

In the standard version, there're 5 officers:
    -Camillan Tribunus Militum: commanding a Camillan Triari-type unit (Rome, Army Barracks 4+, Camillan Era)
    -Polybian Tribunus Militum: commanding a Polybian Triari-type unit (Rome, Army Barracks 4+, Polybian Era)
    -Republican Legatus Legionis: commanding a Post-Marian FirstCohort-type unit (Rome, Army Barracks 4+, Post-Marian Era)
    -Imperial Legatus Legionis: commanding an Imperia FirstCohort-type unit (Rome, Army Barracks 4+, Augustan Era)
    -Prefectus Praetorio: commanding a Praetorian Cohort-type unit (Rome, Army Barracks 5, Augustan Era)

There'is another set of units, if you prefer mounted officers.
    Simply, you must delete the file export_descr_buildings.txt and rename the file export_descr_buildings.txt1 (already in the archive) as export_descr_buildings.txt
    This will give replace the officers with another set
    -Tribunus Militum: commanding a Camillan Cavalry-type unit (Rome, Army Barracks 4+, Camillan&Polybian Era)
    -Legatus Legionis: commanding a Polybian Cavarly-type unit (Rome, Army Barracks 4+, Post-Marian&Augustan Era)
    -Prefectus Praetorio: commanding a Praetorian Cavarly-type unit (Rome, Army Barracks 5, Augustan Era)

The type of the unit has ben added so you know who you're searching on the battlefield, all the units are less numerous than the standard ones (they are officers, after all) but that should not be a problem. As characters bodyguard, these units regenerate over time.

While tested, the mod was quite stable.
    I'd like some external input, anyway.

INSTALLATION GUIDE
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -Take your clean installation of Europa Barbarorum 1.2
    -Backup your EB folder
    -Unzip the Roman General archive in your EB folder (...\Rome Total War\EB\), all the files should go to the right position.
    -Play

DOWNLOAD
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    MEDIAFIRE: Roman Generals
    Last edited by Ryoga84; February 03, 2015 at 12:24 PM.
    ====== "Worst English User" 2012/2014 Award Winner =======
    ===========Running for the 2015, support me.===========
    Uchronia Barbarorum v1.05 , ahistorical submod for Europa Barbarorum 1.2 WiP
    Another Story: The Greek Wars v1.0 , submod for The Greek Wars 1.1 WiP
    4th Age +1, v1.0 , submod for Fourth Age: Total War 2.6 WiP

Default Re: [Roman Generals Submod]

Is this submod compatible with b0gia's submod compilation? Thanks.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Konig91 View Post
    It's not. But it could be if i make some changes.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    It's not. But it could be if i make some changes.
    I'm looking forward to that! Should I wait for an update of your submod compilation, or can I install it now and overwrite everything with the new version?

In other words, will it be savegame compatible?

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

I'm looking forward to that! Should I wait for an update of your submod compilation, or can I install it now and overwrite everything with the new version?

In other words, will it be savegame compatible?
    Well the answer is no. In order to play with both this and my modpack you must wait to release first my modpack and then release the modified files from this to work along with my modpack.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Ryoga84's Avatar Biarchus

It's difficult, as this mod change almost all the most modified files in every mod (EDU, EDB, EU, trait system etc)
    ====== "Worst English User" 2012/2014 Award Winner =======
    ===========Running for the 2015, support me.===========
    Uchronia Barbarorum v1.05 , ahistorical submod for Europa Barbarorum 1.2 WiP
    Another Story: The Greek Wars v1.0 , submod for The Greek Wars 1.1 WiP
    4th Age +1, v1.0 , submod for Fourth Age: Total War 2.6 WiP