Thread: Ottoman Total Overhaul VS. Empire Realism

Default Ottoman Total Overhaul VS. Empire Realism

Which is better? Empire Realism or Ottoman Total Overhaul? can someone give me a lesson? haha

Well, I tried the Ottoman Total Overhaul, it is pretty good but had trouble during the campaign, can't produce troops because of the manpower or population thing. I started playing Empire Realism today, it gave some nasty stuff in the moral of the troops, I haven't tried campaign because my save game won't work because of the Ottoman overhaul.

I just wanted to know if which is better? It's been weeks since I'm trying to make up my mind which mod should I install haha The Darthmod came to mind but I think it's too big.

Anyways, I'm loving ER now, very hard to annihilate the enemy, I had to command my troops to hold fire so that I could take out the enemy line or cavalry. In Ottoman Total Overhaul, all I need to do is put them in the right spot and let them do the shooting.

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul VS. Empire Realism

Hard to compare, as i never tried OTO before. anyway, with ER, Ottomans and all eastern factions are still work in progress, there will be some adjustments made in the future, as focus was put mostly on western factions, but as i mentioned, that will change in the future.

Well I can say that OTO is easier than this mod and the vanilla, in this mod I had to made sure that my men are well organized to survive the battle. It is pretty difficult to annihilate the enemy because of the ballistics of the weapon, I had to make sure that they are in range to be able to hit someone, but still it's awesome, I feel like a real general now.

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Well, for the Manpower system, it seems normal to me not to be able to recruit a regiment from a region that has less than 600 population, and normal too that the recruitment reduces the local population. It is a major advantage now, in the colonies, to have a large population.

In AIMS, OTO and ER have similarities. Both aimed for more realism than the base game, but ER went further into this, while OTO aims for a more realistic, yet fun system. There is a major issue with the current OTO system tough. Trying to make the morale highly dynamic, combined with the Darthmod Battle AI, which is better than vanilla AI for sure, but still very dumb compared to a player ; the armies take a long time getting into formation.

As such, getting into a decent formation causes a too heavy hit on morale for the AI troops (walk, walk, walk for no reason under enemy fire -> Take 10% losses -> start shooting, knowing that most armies routed at about 20 to 40% losses). This makes the battles way way easier than they were meant to be. To correct it, I went with a morale system that was more similar to ER, with a strong emphasis on army morale and low on unit condition, except for cohesion. But there is no cohesion system in OTO and the Fatigue is toned down as the AI is very bad at using it in general.

ER is exemplary in the way the European battles are portrayed and a strong emphasis on realism is made. I would recommend you go for it. OTO's major issue has been fixed, but the fix is in my old computer, with a dead HDD, and I retired from modding from then, putting all my focus on studies. As such, in the current condition the game is playable indeed, but way to easy compared to how it was meant to be in OTO.

ER will always put a strong challenge before you, that will make you think about strategy and tactics at the same time. OTO without the fix will not, and unfortunately I have yet to find a way to fix or have it fixed it someday

---

Edit :
    I have fixed the issue I spoke about
    Last edited by Goutlard; September 06, 2016 at 01:39 AM.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

oto ottoman empire have the best inf