Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SUBMOD Carthaginian Scutum Designs for Car_Infantry and new linothorax armour.

Default SUBMOD Carthaginian Scutum Designs for Car_Infantry and new linothorax armour.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=384176829
    Mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o8...ge-DEI-VM.pack
    DEI required for this is a submod for it, obviously
    This is an update to my prior mod that I had trouble updating, and I made this as a result. Does not have as much graphical changes as the one prior.

Changed visuals of the Carthaginian infantry, Libyan hoplites, Carthaginian hoplites, and Carthaginian Marines found in DEI MOD.
    Made scutum designs (Using Gustave's awesome designs for inspiration) to the Carthaginian Infantry.
    Also changed the aesthetic of the Carthaginian infantry armour and helmets.
    Changed helmet of Hannibal for HatG campaign and all historical battles, as well as added a beard to his model.
    Updated the battle of Cannae to suit DEI's modified units in historical terms.

Feedback welcome and if you would like a version for just the Carthage reformed infantry to be redone, let it be known.

I'd like to thank DEI for their wonderful mod that I decided to edit slightly, I did this for my own interests but I thought I'd share it as well.
    Last edited by fernando77; February 01, 2015 at 12:47 PM.

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: SUBMOD Carthaginian Scutum Designs for Car_Infantry and new linothorax armour.

The new shields look great, fernando! Are they historical or just artistically inspired?
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Default Re: SUBMOD Carthaginian Scutum Designs for Car_Infantry and new linothorax armour.

Thanks MagicCuboid, I would say that it is a combination of historical symbols mixed with artistic license. It's just tough to say whether or not the Carthaginians painted over the captured Roman scutums at all, though one would assume they would. If they did, its likely they would have used the same symbols that they used for coinage and religious tokens, which I put to use here in the designs
    Last edited by fernando77; January 30, 2015 at 10:35 PM.

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Does it also change textures for Carthaginian AOR?

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

I like the shield textures a lot. Thanks for adding the submod

Like these, alot. Can we get a non-steam dl?

No, Cromagnon2, I have not changed any AOR textures for Carthage. The only units edited are the Carthaginian Infantry, Carthaginian and Libyan first tier hoplites, and the Marines.

Thank you so much Litharion and Lugo, it means a lot and I appreciate it. Lugo I will load it onto mediafire by sometime tomorrow and I'll update the post for you.

Quote Originally Posted by fernando77 View Post
    No, Cromagnon2, I have not changed any AOR textures for Carthage. The only units edited are the Carthaginian Infantry, Carthaginian and Libyan first tier hoplites, and the Marines.
    Ah pity, those Lybian late AOR infantry really need some nice shields, instead of the green white and red ones. I guess i will try to edit them myself and replace with some of your shields. Any hint where i can find Lybian AOR units?

Nice work +rep.

Hmm I know which unit you're talking about, Cromagnon2, but I can't seem to find it in the VariantMeshes. It should be under AOR_15_late_libyan_infantry, right after the AOR_15_libyan_infantry, but its not there.

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks MagicCuboid, I would say that it is a combination of historical symbols mixed with artistic license. It's just tough to say whether or not the Carthaginians painted over the captured Roman scutums at all, though one would assume they would. If they did, its likely they would have used the same symbols that they used for coinage and religious tokens, which I put to use here in the designs
    Cool . I may just try out a Carthaginian campaign soon!
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Hmm I know which unit you're talking about, Cromagnon2, but I can't seem to find it in the VariantMeshes. It should be under AOR_15_late_libyan_infantry, right after the AOR_15_libyan_infantry, but its not there.
    Me neither, probably they're using vanilla textures. maybe replacing those textures with yours solves the problem? thx.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicCuboid View Post
    Cool . I may just try out a Carthaginian campaign soon!
    Awesome! I hope you enjoy it. I'll update it within the week with new textures.

And Cromagnon2, I will edit the Late Libyan Infantry in my next update, but whether that changes the AOR type I do not know. I just could not find the VariantMeshDefinition for that unit for whatever reason.

Good luck Fernando!

Is not avaliable for custum battles?

Hi, i´m Marcus Flavius, but with a diffrent acount, the last was deleted by my mistake xd, is that sub-mod still alive?? How goes Fernando?

Hello, i'm experiencing a problem with this sub mod. The shield textures do not show correctly and it look pretty weird. It seems to happen only with the aspis shield for carthaginians.

Here is a set of screenshots, as you can see, it seems to happen differently depending on the distance between the shields and the camera.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

With those two last, you can see that it also affect the color of the texture by the distance changes (i'm talking about the punic symbol which have some blue when getting far, and some kind of white by getting close :

If someone can tell me what could be the problem and help me, it would be awesome .

Ps : I have no other sub mod, and no other mod, exepted G.E.M
    Last edited by Ardionso; May 28, 2015 at 12:19 PM.

I'm glad I found this mod. The new shields look great and everything is working well together.

Maybe you could try deinstalling and then reinstalling the mod? Another option is to play around with the unit detail graphic settings in the options menu. If none of that works maybe try without GEM and see if it does anything, though I doubt its making any difference but you never know.

That's some good ideas

Edit : Well, the solution was simple, but it works. I just had to reinstall the mod, and make sure it works perfectly, i took the non-steam link.
    Thank you kwnic !

Edit 2 : However, the non-steam version miss some new linothorax models :/, and the steam version has the shield bugs.
    Last edited by Ardionso; May 30, 2015 at 05:52 PM.

So, I've tried this submod (downloaded from Steam workshop) I really like the shield emblems and the armour pattern. However, it affects most of the units in the Carthaginian roster in a negative way. Here are some examples:

You can see that there is no more tunic variation for the Sacred Band ( back to all-purple). Also the elite liby-phoenician swordsmen have field grey tunics ... nothing to give a hint of eliteness. you can see the feldgrau being on their shields too, for some reason.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=459680647
    Here you can see that vanilla green is back!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=459680560
    Also the elite liby-phoenician swordsmen have field grey tunics ... nothing to give a hint of eliteness. you can see the feldgrau being on their shields too, for some reason.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=459680513

I've tried uninstalling DeI and redownloading it via steam + I tried the standalone from TWC. I also tried reinstalling the submod, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea on what could be causing this and maybe a solution?

Now I'd like to make some suggestions. How about adding some more tunic variations and maybe linothorax to sacred band like the Haegemonia Total War mod did?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast