Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fps and DeI

Icon5 Fps and DeI

I have noticed a drop in fps in massive battles using this mod. I can Play 10.000 units in vanilla with no lag but I get a serious drop in fps playing with this mod. Is this normal ?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Fps and DeI

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrus View Post
    I have noticed a drop in fps in massive battles using this mod. I can Play 10.000 units in vanilla with no lag but I get a serious drop in fps playing with this mod. Is this normal ?
    Yes. Units in this mod are more varied which means your computer has to deal with alot more graphic stuff. There is a submod though that decreases this to help getting more fps

If you prefer boring clones that is...

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    If you prefer boring clones that is...
    I prefer massive battles lol

I am just surprised my gtx 980 cant handle it with this mod, pretty disappointing if you ask me. I love this mod.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Well, Rome 2 is mostly CPU dependant so graphic card does not matter that much. Actually some settings when set below Very High will be put on your CPU instead of GPU! And even if you have great CPU, game was still not designed to use it properly. And yes, it was released in 2013 xD Atilla will propably suffer from exact same issues.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Well, Rome 2 is mostly CPU dependant so graphic card does not matter that much. Actually some settings when set below Very High will be put on your CPU instead of GPU! And even if you have great CPU, game was still not designed to use it properly. And yes, it was released in 2013 xD Atilla will propably suffer from exact same issues.
    Ok, in your opinion what do you think I should do to make it happen.

Overclock your CPU as high as possible, which model do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Lissandr0 View Post
    Overclock your CPU as high as possible, which model do you have?
    i7-4790k !!

are you sure just CPU ? no need for extra Rams ? overclocking gpu ?

I have 16G rams And my GPU is an EVGA GTX 980

i7-4790k !!

Have you tried the radious graphics mod?

From time to time i read a lot of posts about the lags,stuttering and whatever but with my rig,that is not an high-end one( i5-4590,16 GB RAM, HD7850), and this mod in addiction to DeI i don't have so much evident problems (well,maybe some kind of stuttering with very huge army stacks but,hey, AI is very cpu demanding and it's MY bottleneck)

It is all about the cpu.

It is as simple as that: The game looks better--> you need more power. (Special cases with fancy tweaks aside.)

Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day

Can you include a screenshot of you graphics settings? That way we can see what the issue may be. Thanks.

edit: Also can you log what FPS you're getting in-game currently? Use a program like Fraps to do that and then imgur to upload your screens.
    Last edited by TheRazaman; February 02, 2015 at 10:52 AM.

I need to make a sticky post about options people have for this but I keep forgetting to. There is this thread that may have useful answers:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ormance-on-DeI

A write up by a poster a long time ago:
    "Unlimited Video Memory : ON

Seems like there are several graphics option that will use GPU power instead of
    CPU power if you set those options ABOVE "high" (very high to extreme) and thereby
    reducing CPU burden and in return give you more fps.

Here are the 4 options that I mentioned above :

1. Shadow : set it on "Very High-Extreme" (put it above "high" so it will processed by
    GPU instead of CPU)
    2. Particle : set it on "Very High-Extreme" (same like above)
    3. Unit Detail : set it on "Very High-Extreme" (same like above)
    4. Building Detail : set it on "Very High-Extreme" (same like above)

Note : the most important thing here is you have to set those 4 options ABOVE "High" !

And here are several options that I recommend you all to be set like this :
    1. Terrain : set it to either Low or Medium
    2. Grass : set it to either Low or Medium
    3. Trees : set it to either Low or Medium
    4. Water : set it to Low - High
    5. Distortion Effect and SSAO : should be unchecked (but still optional,
    if you have good GPU it might be not a big performance hit)

Note : those 3 settings are really CPU heavy burden alongside Unit Size !"

Also this report by Godz_Mercenary seemed to help people:
    "I had that issue even with just normal Rome 2 despite having 8GB 2400MHz RAM and 3GB VRAM. The message stopped when I ticked "disable desktop composition" on the compatibility list on the Rome 2.exe. Try that."

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by brusciatu View Post
    Have you tried the radious graphics mod?

From time to time i read a lot of posts about the lags,stuttering and whatever but with my rig,that is not an high-end one( i5-4590,16 GB RAM, HD7850), and this mod in addiction to DeI i don't have so much evident problems (well,maybe some kind of stuttering with very huge army stacks but,hey, AI is very cpu demanding and it's MY bottleneck)
    No I haven't tried Radious graphic mod,although i used to use GEM, but I re installed the game because it gave me even worse fps

It's frankly hilarious how I can play this mod with everything in Extreme with no stuttering, and I have a Nvidia GTX 850M 2GB and a i7-4710HQ, and people with 970s and 980s can't. Wtf Nvidia?

i7-4790k !!

I have my 4790k running at 4.8ghz on a watercooled loop and it will still stutter at times on walled cities when large battles takes place.
    I also have 16gigs of ram as you do and Windows 7 64bit will usually cache up to 5gigs of memory when playing Rome 2. About 8gigs in total is being used (including cache) on my rig when I alt out of the game and check it.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

I think stutters in siege battles have always been somewhat of a problem even from the beginning when the game was released. Not that the many extra textures and units in DeI has helped. Not that this is in anyway helping any of you. I have a rather old rig and dont experience any stutter in land battles. And Im running GEM, Aztec and very high graphics.

It's not the mod, it's just the game itself... I've done tests where I've overclocked my 6 core i7 3930k @ 4.9ghz, and I still couldn't maintain a stable 60fps v-synced on campaign map, nor when zooming into battles.
    (I have two r9 290x's in crossfire btw, not that that matters for this damned game, you gotta have some NASA spec CPU to get stable framerate)

And this only in 1080p....... Warscape is an outdated piece of garbage, and this game runs on it, and it's not just graphical limiatations the game suffers from because of this, also many others as well..... sooner they ditch it and go with 64 bit something new, the better

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

i7-4790k !!

I run the exact same 4790k with a GTX 970 and mine runs fine at 10k battles. You have to understand that the Engine simply put isn't fit for purpose. You can start a 30k battle in Rome 1 vanilla and it's gonna go choppy simply due to the engine.

EDIT - Get ninja'd by Segal
    Last edited by Lord Dakier; February 08, 2015 at 04:52 AM.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    I run the exact same 4790k with a GTX 970 and mine runs fine at 10k battles. You have to understand that the Engine simply put isn't fit for purpose. You can start a 30k battle in Rome 1 vanilla and it's gonna go choppy simply due to the engine.

EDIT - Get ninja'd by Segal
    You see this blows my mind !! how is it possible for you to have lower specs and get better performance !!!!

You see this blows my mind !! how is it possible for you to have lower specs and get better performance !!!!

Maybe he has lower ingame settings.

If you want to increase your performance follow Dresdens link/advice. What helped me alot with DeI 1.xx was decreasing unit details in options. I usually had no problems (no big ones at least) considering performance but since DeI 1 increased unit variety a lot I also had some stuttering in really big battles. When I decreased unit details from ultra to high the stuttering was significantly less. Btw. I have an I7-3770k, a gtx680 and also 16 GB RAM. Its still not perfect but I can play most battles without lag and units don't look worse just a little less variety...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast