Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: [New experimental stuff]More challenging, BAI friendly battles - 13.07.2015 update

Default Re: [Experimental] More challenging, BAI friendly battles - 30.01.2015

Will this affect the way running down routing troops works? I've always found it a bit odd that routing men are so damn hard to kill in standard DeI.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It makes it easier.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Drowsy View Post
    Instead of disbanding, would it be possible to merge the units if they met the 45% threshold? I think Rome did this.
    Well, now I am almost sure no one almost uses the merge option, because units will be replenished in about 1-3 turns MAX. Anyway, you can still think that this fast replenishement is due to wounded soldiers and beaten units coming back for combat ;D

Yes, I know that some people use house rules but come on, how many of you guys do it and how many do it the same way? Sure, with house rules you can get some nice result, but they are ONLY limited by the person who uses it, which means that the same person might also abuse it or in most cases, be simply not aware of using them.

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Yeah I'll be honest, I didn't realize merging was even still a thing. Since Rome 1 I've done it by dragging and dropping the cards; since that didn't work anymore, I thought they removed the feature

by the way, nice sharp new avatar KAM!
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Quote Originally Posted by MagicCuboid View Post
    by the way, nice sharp new avatar KAM!
    I prefered Rollo
    (yes thats my feedback of the day)

Patrician

Now it is Prince Devitt aka Finn Balor

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Now it is Prince Devitt aka Finn Balor
    I thought it was Forest Gump to be perfectly honest.

I liked Rollo a lot more, it suited you very well Kam! This avatar doesn't seem to "fit" you.

Missiles are very OP , since HP was halved but missile damage didn't come down as much. Missile damage needs to be 25-30% reduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butan View Post
    I think its intended.

Then it's unfortunate. For instance, Germanic hunters, are just not Mongols or welsh longbowmen. With if these missile kill rates to stay, vanilla EE balance will be better game & historically wise.
    To KAM2150:
    Instead of reducing HP, wouldn't be better to increase melee attack values by 70% , charge by 50% and missile damage by 10% (or just leave it the same) for all the units in DEI ? The issue is with too prolong melee and units holding a thin line.. Making missiles OP doesn't solve it, just adds imbalance.

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Is it possible for you to put the pack on steam? This pack sounds perfect for spicing up boring campaign battles but I'm having trouble downloading it.

EDIT: Also is it save game compatible?
    Last edited by Chris P. Bacon; January 31, 2015 at 11:51 PM.

Senator

It is save game compatible. I also had trouble to download it. I succeeded by right clicking on "Slow Download" and choosing "Open Link" at the top of the popped up window.

If 45% disbanding applies only to the loser I'm fine with it. BTW it's only one number and can be easily changed by everybody if he doesn't like it.

If missile damage stays so high I would have problems using the mod. A certain rest of realism should be mandatory. Look at the ratio of missile troops in armies of the Hellenistic period and ask yourself why it was so low. I guess not because missiles were machine gun like killers. Perhaps make two versions, one for the strong and one for the weak (like me)? Or at least tell us in what files the missile changes are (only Projectiles_tables or also others?).

@ KAM 2150 a personal remark as someone who isn't a fan of beards: finally your avatar found a kind of shaving device (even if unsatisfactory). So sweet.
    Last edited by geala; February 01, 2015 at 12:24 AM.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

If you wanted to change the dmg of missile units you can just change the dmg of each weapon type.

Senator

With weapon damage you mean projectile damage, ruled by the Projectiles_tables?

Quote Originally Posted by rusnmat View Post
    Missiles are very OP , since HP was halved but missile damage didn't come down as much. Missile damage needs to be 25-30% reduced.

Then it's unfortunate. For instance, Germanic hunters, are just not Mongols or welsh longbowmen. With if these missile kill rates to stay, vanilla EE balance will be better game & historically wise.
    To KAM2150:
    Instead of reducing HP, wouldn't be better to increase melee attack values by 70% , charge by 50% and missile damage by 10% (or just leave it the same) for all the units in DEI ? The issue is with too prolong melee and units holding a thin line.. Making missiles OP doesn't solve it, just adds imbalance.
    I agree. Germanic Hunters are already OP. They rake in so many kills it makes me wonder why I dont just go Agincourt on everyone. My house rules limit them 1 per army and they still rack up 100-150 kills every battle.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by rusnmat View Post

To KAM2150:
    Because in your solution instead of changing around 30 values I would have to manually change few thoudens of them ; P

And like I said, this pack is EXPERIMENTAL, it aims at high values, because it is easier to spot difference between 30-50% increase and 10% increase which for many people might work as a placebo effect.

how do these not result in significantly faster battles?

It doesnt for you?

Maybe not significantly, but I see an average of 20% shorter battles approx.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

This doesn't seem to be save competiable is it? at least when I tried it with my existing Saka campaign I don't notice the 45% disband thing.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    With weapon damage you mean projectile damage, ruled by the Projectiles_tables?
    Maybe. Cant remember and not able to check until later

Quote Originally Posted by MagicCuboid View Post
    Yeah I'll be honest, I didn't realize merging was even still a thing. Since Rome 1 I've done it by dragging and dropping the cards; since that didn't work anymore, I thought they removed the feature
    Wait, you mean that it IS possible to merge units in Rome 2?

How?!

PS: I am excited by this new update, and cannot wait to try it. Sadly my limited gaming time lately means that these forums are the closest I can get to playing, so keep the feedback coming!