Thread: Kingdom of the Scots - Added new campaign script for potential ctd

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Icon4 Kingdom of the Scots - Added new campaign script for potential ctd

Patch news for Version 0.2

Unfortunately I tried to update the download before it went live, but it looks like my 4 hour re-upload didn't work. Therefore, the updates will apply to the patch, which will simply be called Ver 0.2. I will wait until Sunday before I patch, so that some feedback can come in.

A new splash screen with the updated version will appear each time a patch is released. My plans are to have small updates added most probably to this thread, and then once I am happy with the version progress I will reload the
    main mod at Moddb, and or an alternative site.

Version 0.2

So what can you expect?

1. Single Player Menu changes
    - Britannia Campaign - renamed to Original Britannia campaign (still playable)
    - Custom Campaign - renamed to Kingdom of the Scots
    - Exit the game - renamed to Exit the game my Lord & Exit Kingdom of the Scots

2. Hidden resource for aroads
    3. Hidden resource for broads
    4. Hidden resource for arableland
    5. Hidden resource for gunpowder units
    6. Hidden resource for townwalls (stone and above). I might raise to just large and huge stonewalls by use of another hidden resource.
    7. Altering of unit sizes. This is something I forgot to do. In general the feudal armies raised by England should be larger than a Highland, welsh or Irish equivalent. This also follows for a Scottish unit which will also be larger than a Highland army, but lower than an English or Baronial equivalent.
    8. Introduction added to Custom Campaign menu describing setting of the period.
    9. Will remove priests from the game, as priests are promoted to Cardinal, this has the potential for non Scots to become King of Scotland.
    10. Fixed error on campaign script.
    11. Added missing entries for new factions on campaign script
    12. Fixed all voices.
    13. Added text files for those that don't have MTW2 unpacked (still working on)
    14. Fixed Wallace arrival scripting
    15. Added historic event notice for all factions regarding norsde fleet arriving
    16. Norse fleet now arrives in 1263 at Largs and Bute and Arran, not in the North of Scotland
    17. Add MTW character portraits to game for variety
    18. Fixed comyn power rises message when the Barons Arrive
    19. Fixed Saethwyr entry and 3 others that has too much morale.
    20. Change unit sizes for Highlander units, brought in different size units for larger clans.
    21. Fixed a lot of custom battle entries and choices for each faction.
    22. Added missing highland faction entries to tiree, coll, harris and barra
    23. activated clan maclean emergent faction
    24. Found another error in the campaign script for Comyn's appearing, and is now fixed
    25. Found plenty of extra entries for Papal and Pope and changed these to Royal and King etc
    26. Added Stonehenge model to strat map
    27. added ancient monument stone circles to strat map in 6 locations, Orkney, Harris, Dorsetshire, Oxfordshire, Yorkshire and Cumbria.
    28. Mercenaries file has seen a major overhaul, no more massive amounts of mercenaries building up, build times, and replenishment have been largely cut back.
    29. All Mercenaries are now experienced warriors, no more 0 experienced professional soldiers.

Battle Changes for Kingdom of the Scots Version 0.2

1. I have finished implementing the morale, training and temperence values. In all instances these have been increased to make battles longer and harder.
    2. Frighten foot, has been given to highland infantry units.
    3. Frighten foot and frighten mounted has been given to all Galloglaich and siege units.
    4. Frighten mounted has been given to all pike unit formations.
    5. Frighten foot has been given to all heavy cavalry.
    6. Highland unit sizes have been reduced to better show the difference between available man power availabilty between feudal society and highland society. Although this has not been strictly mathematically applied, the following ratio in population will be loosely implemented:
    England - 3 000 000
    Ireland - 800 000
    Scotland - 500 000
    Wales - 100 000
    Most of this will be implemented by the length of time between when units can be recruited. This makes it imperative for the smaller clans and Wales, to recruit and train units in smaller engagements, rather than large set piece battles.
    7. I have modified the smaller factions ability to mass queue and mass recruit units.
    8. In this regard it should also be noted that there is a difference (albeit slight), amount of men in units between large highland clans and smaller ones. For instance the Clan Donald units will typically include 15 - 25 soldiers more than a smaller clan like Mackay or Macleod, or rebel clans such as Gunn, Mackinnon, Macneil etc.
    9. I have cleaned up the Custom Battle section and which units can be recruited by whom. Scotland will no longer have an endless supply of units to choose from.
    10. I have also reigned in the ability of Mercenary units to become available in each region, and adjusted their stats to give more experience. Their unit sizes have been more randomised to ensure that each clan and unit is not the same everywhere.
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; February 13, 2015 at 06:39 PM.

Patrician

Icon4 Re: Kingdom of the Scots - Patch News for Version 0.2 28/Jan/2015

Hi Everyone, you may get a ctd when the new leader of Clan Macleod takes over. Please copy and paste this file into the correct folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\KingdomoftheScots\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\scottish_campaign

Apologies about that
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; January 28, 2015 at 08:46 AM.

Patrician

Default Re: Kingdom of the Scots - Added new campaign script for potential ctd

This occurs when you don't have the files unpacked. This was one of those annoying "features" of mods needing to be installed to unpacked games.

However, this is probably more an oversight on my behalf, so thanks for the reminder that I should add them for the patch due to come out shortly. But I have added them as an attachment in this post in the meantime.

Simply copy and paste the ui folder (take out of zipped folder first) straight over the top of your ui folder at this location (or the exact directory you installed to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\KingdomoftheScots\data\ui

*N.B - Files courtesy of Gigantus Bare Geo Mod installer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Patrician

Hey guys, I will definently release the update for the mod on Friday this week. There is a heap of stuff done, most of it small and incidental.

You can keep up to date wiith the changes in the title post of this thread for version0.2, but that list is a WIP and not conclusive.

Patrician

Hey everyone, I am thoroughly (as best as one man can) testing the current version 0.2 before packing it and releasing it.

Any estimate of when 0.2 will be ready?

Great work. I'm glad to see this mod hasn't died.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Any estimate of when 0.2 will be ready?

Great work. I'm glad to see this mod hasn't died.
    I would also like to know this!

The Border Reiver, when is 0.2 coming out?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's out now. This fix got included, hence this thread is redundant.