Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of the Scots Introduction

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Kingdom of the Scots Preview and Download - Finally it has arrived

Thanks Pictish01, I've fixed that Saethwyr, and a few others that find_all/replace_all screwed up.

I've also fixed, changed, manipulated, massaged and tweaked the EDU file ad nauseam. There is so much to change on the mod, and so little time. I seem to run from leaking hole to another. It seems I will never get around to the graphic side of the mod.

Swagger, you are still around! Good to see you :0

Veber, it seems that I will need to convert those files myself. Gigantus's mod only converts the MTW2...another thing I have to add to my list! Also, can you confirm that you are playing with the new campaign script I uploaded, or the original? If it is the original, then that is the reason, if not well it's another thing I need to investigate. I had located another potential ctd on the campaign script with Wallace appearing on turn 78, so it can't be that.

Moonsef, thankyou I've actually played more of more my mod this time then any time before. Only use those UI files if your game isn't unpacked. Otherwise, simply copy and paste that folder completely over your UI folder, the files will just fall in place.

with regards to hotseat, I've never played it, and don't know what it is. However, I have added Gigantus's hotseat entries from his Bare Kingdoms file to the config file for the patch.

Finally, guy if there is anyone who has any interest in helping with the 2D aspect of the game. Such as creating splash, loading screens, front end screens, unit cards or any graphics that would be really helpful. Alhough I can do them, they are down the bottom of the to-do list at the moment.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

i restarted playing m2tw after Europa Barbarorum was out, now you guys got me back into it again

good job guys! i love this
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

It won't seem to load for me. The cmd opens up and then closes :< Clans Scott awaits me D:

Patrician

Hey slickStitch, did you get it working yet?

If the cmd closes like that, you have accidentally installed it to the wrong directory. You may need to manually configure the install line of the installer. It is defaulted to install to Windows 7, Crive.

I'm still working on the Scott Clan, as this is my favourite as well. Actually, I haven't tested them yet, so any feed back will be good.

Swagger, I hadn't played Kingdoms or anything since Rome 2 came out, plus all the other games on steam.

Where should I download it? I changed the directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods and do not understand why it is not working :< I love the new Irn Bru Tartan ^^ I think this mod would be good on ROME II because of the internal politics you could have with all the clans and the improved diplomacy but once I get this working I am sure you'll have me proved wrong ^^

LewisVee's Avatar Semisalis

Yesss!! cant wait to get this fired up, downloading now!! fantastic work Mr Reiver. Rep

Great mod! Any M2TW mod is always welcomed! Good job guys!

hi guys, i have a problem, could anyone help me?

hello everyone, I hope someone still read and play this mode

I disvored it some days ago and downloaded it. I love MTII and scotland, so this mod its perfect for me.

I installed it, and charge ok, but watching the map i have some problems;
    instead of the name of the citys (below the castle) I watch a rectangle in the color of the clan, moreover if I click inside a city the right panel with the units and the constructions isnt wachted well.

Finally, i can play in "full screen" and the below (units) and left part (with the notices) I cant watch it....

I try to change the grafic configuration of the pc and the game, but it isnt resolve....

I have this problem when i charge the game from the "mod icon", inclouding if I play the normal brittanian campaign too from the mod...

but If I charge the game from the oficial brittania campaign icon the game is watched right!!!!

what can I do to resolve it?

the game is in version 1.05 update!

regards

the pictures!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.png   2.jpg  

Patrician

Hey thanks guys, the latest version is ready to be uploaded, I've taken a few days off to play Attila.

Hey Slickstitch, is this the only Kingdoms mod that is not working that you know of? It is bizarre it is not working for you? Glad you like the Irn Bru tartan, that must be the greatest name ever for a soft drink.

You are right about Rome 2 and as soon as CA creates a DLC for Attila looking at the British Isles then I'll seriously consider doing something for it.

DAVIDIRRACIONAL...if you can unpack your MTW2 and Kingdoms files, then the problem will be solved. Veber was having the same problem. There are several tutorials available here under the Miscellaneous Tab.

This was one of the problems the MTW2 and Kingdoms had right from the start.

thanks ramfmc1989 and LweisVee!

Yeah this is the only mod that refuses to work :< I do not know how to uninstall either as I do not know what one is the mod.

scots-lad's Avatar Laetus

Hey border, love this mod and have been following the progress of it for years, delighted to see it released! well done!

on the turn of summer 1264 when I press end turn, the game crashes and I get a message (uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. sorry pal.)

was just wondering if anyone else has had this or i have missed something on the install, I have patched the campaign_script and the ui.zip, is there any other patches?

hey he saying me this files contains invalid data what i can doo pls save me

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by SlickStitch View Post
    Yeah this is the only mod that refuses to work :< I do not know how to uninstall either as I do not know what one is the mod.
    I've encountered the same problem. But the normal launcher for Kingdoms crashes as well, while vanilla MTW 2 works perfectly. Any ideas what could cause this? I'm on Windows 7 as well.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

looks awesome. will try it out soon

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Any news on updates? Also, any chance it could be made so that the Baron's Alliance can be played?
    Last edited by isa0005; June 28, 2015 at 05:05 PM.

Hey guys, I am running into an issue right now. After installing, I am getting the error message during startup where it immediately crashes.

Here's the log.

22:43:56.216 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    22:43:56.219 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    22:43:56.281 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    22:43:56.346 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    22:43:56.417 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    22:43:56.507 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    22:43:56.578 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    22:43:56.626 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    22:44:01.348 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/descr_font_db.txt, at line 4, column 39
    Couldn't find font file fonts/quote.cuf
    22:44:01.348 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/descr_font_db.txt, at line 5, column 39
    Couldn't find font file fonts/quote.cuf
    22:44:01.349 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/descr_font_db.txt, at line 6, column 50
    Couldn't find font file fonts/description-body.cuf
    22:44:01.349 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/descr_font_db.txt, at line 7, column 50
    Couldn't find font file fonts/description-body.cuf
    22:44:01.350 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/descr_font_db.txt, at line 9, column 42
    Couldn't find font file fonts/large-header.cuf
    22:44:01.350 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/descr_font_db.txt, at line 10, column 42
    Couldn't find font file fonts/small-header.cuf
    22:44:01.444 [data.missing] [error] mods/KingdomoftheScots/data/ui/shared.sdfile not found
    22:44:01.445 [data.missing] [error] mods/KingdomoftheScots/data/ui/battle.sdfile not found
    22:44:01.447 [data.missing] [error] mods/KingdomoftheScots/data/ui/strategy.sdfile not found
    22:44:11.858 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

Have you guys ran into this before?

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by [B
    SlickStitch[/B] Yeah this is the only mod that refuses to work :< I do not know how to uninstall either as I do not know what one is the mod.

Mausolos of Caria;14422136]I've encountered the same problem. But the normal launcher for Kingdoms crashes as well, while vanilla MTW 2 works perfectly. Any ideas what could cause this? I'm on Windows 7 as well.
    I had the same problem but finally got to the bottom of it. Installing the mod in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\KingdomoftheScots then changing Launch_KingdomoftheScots.bat in that folder to read as follows:

cd ..\..
    medieval2.exe @mods\KingdomoftheScots\KingdomoftheScots.cfg

It originally wanted to run kingdoms.exe, which isn't on my machine, prob something to do with steam.

Just about to give it a whirl, hope that helps anyone else head-scratching over this problem. Thanks for all the hard work on the mod. Oh and Hi

scots-lad's Avatar Laetus

this fixed the problem for me mate, i think its a problem with steam mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oqZKv0bjZA

good luck

The dowload didn't have an installer and it seems the download links have incompled corrupted files. Anywhere we can find a new complete link?
    Last edited by CatoTheYounger; May 24, 2017 at 09:28 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast