Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: [Submod] Battle Dynamics Reworked for DEI (Mar 07 Update)

Default Re: [Submod] Battle Dynamics Reworked for DEI (Feb 14 Update)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre Lange View Post
    Hi, DeathtoEgo. If the mod you want to use creates NEW UNITS, yes: they will be out of balance, as it should follow the DeI standards and I have tweaked all DeI units. Stats just work different in BDR. Good news is: we can adjust any DeI unit to BDR, so if you give me a pack with just the land_units and main_units tables from that your mod, I can give you back those units tweaked for BDR.
    As DeathToEgo has not posted a reply, here is the file only with the land_units and main_units. Thanks in advance.

http://www.filedropper.com/xiiicaesarslegionsdei1

Default Re: [Submod] Battle Dynamics Reworked for DEI (Mar 07 Update)

Im using this mod, and like others said, missile units (Including pila/javelins from melee units) are way too strong.

I defeated a unit of Accensi and Cohors Praetoria with only half of the ammunition of my Accensi unit, and the Cohors Praetoria were shot from the front, like 7 shots from accensi and they were shattered.
    In another test I put 3 hastatis vs 3 hastatis, the battle ended in less than 1 min. cause the Pila caused the most casualties, and thats not very realistic or good for gameplay.

I like what you've done with unit speeds, and the damage mitigation "feature", but overpowered missile units are enough to keep me off from this mod, just wanted you to know cause many other players may think the way I do.

I made more tests, I think there should be a difference between levy slingers like Accensi and elite slingers like Balearic Slingers, the range of both is 180, which I find its not that logical because Balearic Slingers were supossed to be Elite, well trained slingers, so maybe give levy slingers less range?

Also, I can win against 10 heavy infantry with 10 units of slingers, just moving around, shooting them in the back, sometimes in the front, until they loose morale and rout, and pila are still somewhat overpowered, maybe nerf all missiles by something like 30-50%, bear in mind the unit ammo, its not fun to have a unit that kills a heavy unit un 5-8 volleys if he has like 30 volleys worth of ammo to spare.

I read somewhere that missiles in ancient times were more of a tool to lower enemy morale and just "soften" enemy lines, but armored units and units with shields were affected very little unless shot from the back or right (where weapon was held), of course elite ranged units were bit of a exception cause they had better bows, better arrows/lead bullets/javelins, and/or high skill, but still didn't destroy units of 200 men in 5 volley.
    But im no expert of history and warfare, im just a fanboy (:

I feel this mod is very good for the exception of the missiles being like killing machines instead of what they are supposed to do, which in my opinion is:
    1.- Lowering enemy numbers (Not destroying them in most cases, for the reasons said above) or fighting other ranged units in a skirmish.
    2.- Maneuver to hit units in flanks and/or rear (Casualties should be like 25-50% higher this way)
    3.- Screening the main force for distraction or absorbing enemy fire.

Another thing, I think there should be just a little more difference between some melee units in damage mitigation, because of difference of skill armor and toughness, but maybe im wrong, i dont know.
    I hope what I think can help improve your mod, because by changing this thing about the missiles and further rebalancing it would be perfect.

First off all I want to thank you Alexandre for this mod, for me is excellent!! Realism and Challenge is what makes me have fun with rome II as I used to play vanilla in legendary difficulty (Im a 33 years old, so I am not a little boy trying to get high scores o great empires easily).

Could some one explainme how can I update this mod in the mod manager as I have been playing with it for monthes and realised now that updates have been made?

Gratitud..

Are you planning to update your submod to 1.05?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

An update would be really great...

Hi, people. I was away from Rome II for a long time, dealing with real life stuff and trying new games. I was exausted with the Total War series: too much time playing and trying to tweak things I didnt like in a huge universe os variables (that's how, and why, BDR was born). Well, life is quieter now, and I couldnt find anything better for my taste than Total War out there, so Im comming back to Rome II (and DeI). I cant promisse I will be able to update BDR to 1.1, thou. I will play a little and take a look at the tables. Only after that I will be able to say you something. Cya around, guys. o/

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Take your time mate and if you'll post any updates I'll be glad to test them...

Cheers

hey will this work with 1.1 or will it just cause errors because this sunbmod sounds perfect and is exactly what i want

Not updated yet. It will not work until updated.

Thanks for coming back Alexandre! I was very hoping for the patch ^^. This submod is perfectly what I was alway wanted.
    Take your time bro ! No need to rush .

Default Re: [Submod] Battle Dynamics Reworked for DEI

I came upon this old thread and want to ask what is actually Damage Mitigation equal for, please. Some formula I guess. I see in db tables in BDR_ui_unit_stats.loc and seems to be nothing more than the renamed armour value; is this correct ?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678