Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] Sassanid & Arab Units - RELEASED!

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Sassanid & Arab Units

Quote Originally Posted by Iulian Bashir View Post
    Is there any solid evidence from both Roman and Persian record that indicates "Zhayedan" did exists as a unit of elite fighting unit?
    In Procopius Persian War, in the description of the battle of Dara, the Immortals are mentioned.
    Due the origin of the word, see the discussion here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...word-in-origin

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

But what about the Persian source?

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Very impressive. A great unit preview is what was needed for this mod to get the following it trully deserves.

Cheers

This is so beautiful :,I

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Ahiga, I could thank you for the content in the preview alone! That you've taken such care to bring an old empire back to life is a testament to your dedication and skill.
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Incredible preview, incredible units. +rep

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Brilliant you have done the Ērānshahr real justice, a touch more conspicuous displays of colour on the nobles- but otherwise brilliant.
    I am a more than a little saddened to here this is the end of work on Constantine.

Awesome! when will it be released ?

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Nice!

but your Arabic needs work
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Awesome job, love playing your mod.

nnnm's Avatar Senator

I never read Arabs used bows as horse archers anywhere . Javelin was more common on horse back

You are correct - the only came into prominence in the 7-10th century to which they were the best horse archers.

kambiz's Avatar Ordinarius

Great preview and awesome unit design and choice. Although I think a "Zhayedan" unit could have been included as well !

In regard to names , I think they're good. some of them even very good and innovative like words such as Mardān , Kof , Bandagān , Adurbadagan (Correct name of the region at the time) and Kurdān which I don't remeber seen them in other mods ! However I'd like as an Iranian to propose my own type of names for a few of them :

-"Kurdān-î Zubindār" instead" of Nēzak-Zēnīg Savârân-î Kurdān > What you suggested literary means "Spear-thrower Nomad cavalrymen" ! Zubin in Parsi is equal to Javelin in english , so I replaced it with Nezak-Zēnīg (Also the spelling for Zēnīg is wrong , correct dictation is zen or zan). Kurdān-î Zubindār literary means Nomad Javelinmen. I remved cavalrymen (Savaran) part for ease of calling , yet if you are want that part being included then "Savârân-î KurdZubindār" is your word (which is not preferable to me).

Also "Savârân-î Kurdān" is better to be renamed to "KurdānSavâr" or at least "Savârân-î Kurd" because you've used plural form for both names which is grammatically wrong !

I can't suggest more such improvements if you'd like to.

Good luck

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

Gyan Avspar Peshmerga means those who sacrifice their lives in Pahlavi, they existed but IDK about that uniform.

baradona's Avatar Libertus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by nnnm View Post
    I never read Arabs used bows as horse archers anywhere . Javelin was more common on horse back
    same here I thought that came later after being military exposed to Romans and Persians. Especially in a battle like Yarmouk where many Muslims lost their eyes "Day of lost eyes"

Quote Originally Posted by kambiz View Post
    Great preview and awesome unit design and choice. Although I think a "Zhayedan" unit could have been included as well !

In regard to names , I think they're good. some of them even very good and innovative like words such as Mardān , Kof , Bandagān , Adurbadagan (Correct name of the region at the time) and Kurdān which I don't remeber seen them in other mods ! However I'd like as an Iranian to propose my own type of names for a few of them :

-"Kurdān-î Zubindār" instead" of Nēzak-Zēnīg Savârân-î Kurdān > What you suggested literary means "Spear-thrower Nomad cavalrymen" ! Zubin in Parsi is equal to Javelin in english , so I replaced it with Nezak-Zēnīg (Also the spelling for Zēnīg is wrong , correct dictation is zen or zan). Kurdān-î Zubindār literary means Nomad Javelinmen. I remved cavalrymen (Savaran) part for ease of calling , yet if you are want that part being included then "Savârân-î KurdZubindār" is your word (which is not preferable to me).

Also "Savârân-î Kurdān" is better to be renamed to "KurdānSavâr" or at least "Savârân-î Kurd" because you've used plural form for both names which is grammatically wrong !

I can't suggest more such improvements if you'd like to.

Good luck
    Is it Zubin a traditional weapons for the Daylami tribesmen from Elborz? How on earth it became a Sasanian weapon if there's no Daylami tribesmen to introduce it firsthand? The unit should have Middle Persian name not New Persian name?

Just wondering what is left for the new update to be finished?
    Everything seems to be in place in this preview, unless ofc you have some more units to do.

Implementing into the campaign and balancing

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Implementing into the campaign and balancing
    Well lets hope that it will be save compatible, as I conquered Half the Roman Empire with Constantine.

Cheers

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

It will probably come out save compatible for the most part. Old units and such from before the update will still be there until they're destroyed/lost/replaced but it should work out right for the most part.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast