Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SUBMOD] Global armor, shields and weapon upgrades. (warhorse optional)

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Global armor, shields and weapon upgrades. (warhorse optional)

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    I think that the player should have an option to use the upgrades or not. Faction wide upgrades will force the negative aspects /empire maintenance/ recruitment costs upon the player.
    From my point of view an additional village type is necessary for trade only and no upgrades. The unit upgrade iron/copper villages should not generate many trading goods.

ahem, ...
    "I think that the player should have an option to use the upgrades or not. Faction wide upgrades will force the negative aspects /empire maintenance/ recruitment costs upon the player"

ok..."will force the negative aspects...upon player "
    out of a logical situation, (weapon cost money ...)
    so, more advanced and bonuses = more costs

as opposed to "empire maintenance" that is back stabbing the player based on a theoretical situation (corruption) but with no palpable in game evidence...

emp. maint. should be there but reduced ( for players that don't want better armor/etc) and crippling if player wants state of the art weapons/etc...imho

Then we know why is so much cash lost = oh those weapons , right...

"From my point of view an additional village type is necessary for trade only and no upgrades. The unit upgrade iron/copper villages should not generate many trading goods"

A agree entirely !

"
    D I V I D E - ET - I M P E R A

& A PROPER EMPIRE: TERRA INCOGNITA .... A P E - T I
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Global armor, shields and weapon upgrades. (warhorse optional)

Imo faction wide upgrades should be tied to the Imperium level somehow, that way they are beyond the reach of local and maybe even regional 'warlords' and only reserved for a faction which 'truly' has the infrastructure, logistics and coin to support such endeavors.

Excellent idea! Will d/l and try with v1.04a
    +rep

Has anyone made this for Attila? This mod is such a great idea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12